Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 05:47 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
You all seem to be missing the key word here "Illegal"....Hello??
As American citizens, we have all come here at one time or another, crossing the borders of this wonderful country for reasons of one sort or another...but usually to make a better life for ourselves and our families.

We have come from other cultures with a variety of languages, customs, beleifs, and styles... HOWEVER...Respectful of the LAW, and of those residing in the country, including the language they speak...ENGLISH!!! Most families have managed to prosper here over the generations. Most did not come here rich, and speaking English to start with, but found opportunities that allowed them a life that they did not enjoy in their home country. They struggled and survived.

The beauty of America is its wonderful diversity and the oportunity that allows anyone to respectfully enjoy it. Sadly, some come here without RESPECT for the LAW and the powers that enabled this oportunity. Our government and its people (both one in the same) have allowed this to happen with their laizifarre attitude about human rights. We will never have the right to inflict our rights on another, but by allowing illegals to come in blatently disrespecting our government (our people) is being just as disrespectful of our country as they (illegals) are.

Out of respect, I would never go to another country and demand that they speak English to me, rather I would do my best to learn their language. I would try my best to learn from and become a part of the culture that they have. That which I was attracted to in the first place, or I would have stayed put.

To say that Mexicans are beyond the law because California once belonged to them is ludicrist. It was taken legally, whether rightfully or not, the law is the law. What would happen if Americans went to Mexico and did not respect the law there?
In general the Mexicans coming here do not have the option of coming here legally. The come illegal or not at all. I don't have any problem with cutting the inflow...if we can figure a rational way to do it.

The real rub though are the interface folk...the kids born of illegal parents. They are here and American Citizens. We have to deal with them when we deal with the illegals. Do we dump three or four million Americans into Mexico? Remember they get to return at 18...after whatever it is the Mexicans do to them in the interim.

I see no happy outcomes. The only good news is that we eventually run out of Mexicans in the demographic class involved.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:57 PM

131 posts, read 189,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
Illegals work for less and drive down the wages. The low wages drag down the quality of life. What happens to the illegals who have jobs that get outsourced? Who’s paying for their welfare? Who’s paying their hospital bills? We do not want their problems. We want to know who our neighbors are. . We want it done legally. We want it done now. Please help stop the invasion. saveourstate.org

Let’s take care of our own poor.

STOP THE INVASION!
I think Ralph had the right answer :stop paying taxes til the problem is solved"then don't pay taxes for 10 more years for their fine.Truthfully something like this is the only thing that will get their attention

Old 12-27-2006, 10:51 PM

531 posts, read 2,074,947 times
Are the Asians who come here legal, or is illegal immigration not just Hispanic?

I remember meeting tons of Asians from L.A. who sold their homes and moved to Vegas.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:37 PM

33 posts, read 73,661 times
Default Illegal imigrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
In general the Mexicans coming here do not have the option of coming here legally. The come illegal or not at all. I don't have any problem with cutting the inflow...if we can figure a rational way to do it.

The real rub though are the interface folk...the kids born of illegal parents. They are here and American Citizens. We have to deal with them when we deal with the illegals. Do we dump three or four million Americans into Mexico? Remember they get to return at 18...after whatever it is the Mexicans do to them in the interim.

I see no happy outcomes. The only good news is that we eventually run out of Mexicans in the demographic class involved.
Olecapt,
Why do you think the option is limited for Mexicans?
Do you think they may have abused the system to the point that doors became closed to them?
I do have compassion for the children of these illegals. Just as much as I have for children of American criminals. We should treat the matter with the same jurisdiction as any of us have to face. Why do they get special consideration? Perhaps the children should be better off as wards of the courts. When an American citizen breaks the law that is what happens to the children if there is no family member who can care for them.

I am just tired of footing the bill and watching these children go down the same path because this is what they are taught, this is what they know how to do because we have allowed it to happen. We need to stop it in its track before it gets worse. The plague is a disease that left untreated will ruin our nation.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Olecapt,
Why do you think the option is limited for Mexicans?
Do you think they may have abused the system to the point that doors became closed to them?
I do have compassion for the children of these illegals. Just as much as I have for children of American criminals. We should treat the matter with the same jurisdiction as any of us have to face. Why do they get special consideration? Perhaps the children should be better off as wards of the courts. When an American citizen breaks the law that is what happens to the children if there is no family member who can care for them.

I am just tired of footing the bill and watching these children go down the same path because this is what they are taught, this is what they know how to do because we have allowed it to happen. We need to stop it in its track before it gets worse. The plague is a disease that left untreated will ruin our nation.
The Mexicans who come here are poor and poorly educated. Our system prevents the poor and poorly educated from coming here even as tourists. They cannot get past the first round of immigration interviews.

I think it past being stoppable. The support system for illegals is now too strong to be shut down without basic changes to our system of government. We simple do not have an avaiable mechanism to stop the inflow. The Mexicans are different because they are they only group with the infrastructure and support system to enable illegals to survive even against a determined government onslaught.

Most of the children would simply leave with their parents. They then spend some years in Mexico and, upon turning 18, they return to the States. The Mexicans know they will likely come back. The kids know they are going to come back. How well do you think they will turn out after three to eighteen years in Mexico?

Even if we decided to go to something like a true national ID card...a thing that has been fought by American Liberterians forever...it would take ten or fifteen years to be effective. It is not a small project. Note that a much simpler system to track the departure of those who come in has failed and been abandoned after the expediture of billions.

Nope...I think this skirmish is lost. A big program to keep the Mexicans in rural Mexico is probably the best thing doable and unacceptable to half or more of our population.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:32 AM

Default Illegal imigrants

Olecapt,
We are the infrastructure you speak about!--"The Mexicans are different because they are they only group with the infrastructure and support system to enable illegals to survive even against a determined government onslaught." -- We have no business standing up against our government in favor of this invasion!

I am not saying that our government is on the right track in dealing with the problem, but siding against your own government is absolutely ludicrist. Again, we are the government. Obviously there is a HUGE problem with the laxed system of dealing with it. The imigrants have run riot in our country because we (our government) have alowed it. A law is a law. Illegal is illegal. American citizens who break the law are punished. But in regards to aliens we can stand behind them while they abuse it and just trash it right along with them. We ALOW aliens to come here and do that. That only reflects what we think about our own legal system (ourselves). That is just sick! Reminds me of an alcoholic family member making havoc in everyones life while everyone continues to ignore the problem, hoping it will just go away. Meanwhile the family's bank account dwindles and everyone lives in fear to speak out that it may make waves. So they continue to tiptoe around on the broken glass.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Olecapt,
We are the infrastructure you speak about!--"The Mexicans are different because they are they only group with the infrastructure and support system to enable illegals to survive even against a determined government onslaught." -- We have no business standing up against our government in favor of this invasion!

I am not saying that our government is on the right track in dealing with the problem, but siding against your own government is absolutely ludicrist. Again, we are the government. Obviously there is a HUGE problem with the laxed system of dealing with it. The imigrants have run riot in our country because we (our government) have alowed it. A law is a law. Illegal is illegal. American citizens who break the law are punished. But in regards to aliens we can stand behind them while they abuse it and just trash it right along with them. We ALOW aliens to come here and do that. That only reflects what we think about our own legal system (ourselves). That is just sick! Reminds me of an alcoholic family member making havoc in everyones life while everyone continues to ignore the problem, hoping it will just go away. Meanwhile the family's bank account dwindles and everyone lives in fear to speak out that it may make waves. So they continue to tiptoe around on the broken glass.
Sorry Pennylane...but that is kind of how it is. Hispanics have now been absorbling illegal hispanic immigrants for 50 years. There is a huge system in place. Documents, jobs, places to live, people to help with the transactions.

Illegal is a meaningless term when a huge slice of the population does not support the law. It was allowed to fester and grow until there is no practical solution.

The alcoholic allusion may well be accurate. Note how many families actually manage to get the alcoholic back under control.

I am of the opinion that the best solution at this point is to spend a whole lot of money on making rural Mexico a better place. I see nothing else likely to change things significantly.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Sorry Pennylane...but that is kind of how it is. Hispanics have now been absorbling illegal hispanic immigrants for 50 years. There is a huge system in place. Documents, jobs, places to live, people to help with the transactions.

Illegal is a meaningless term when a huge slice of the population does not support the law. It was allowed to fester and grow until there is no practical solution.

The alcoholic allusion may well be accurate. Note how many families actually manage to get the alcoholic back under control.

I am of the opinion that the best solution at this point is to spend a whole lot of money on making rural Mexico a better place. I see nothing else likely to change things significantly.
What is absorbling? What do you mean by "Hispanics have now been absorbling illegal hispanic immigrants for 50 years."?
Do you mean Americans have been supporting illegal hispanic immigrants? That would make sense. The guilt trip has succeeded to make many Americans buy into feeling sorry for the pathetic criminals. After all we took their precious land... how many years ago?? They need to look into the rest of the history and see that the land was taken many, many times before...Spanish, Native Americans...how far back should we go?

Just as the family can't get the alcoholic back under control, (the only thing family members can do to help is to leave the pathetic sickos alone and let them learn to support themselves, to make a life for themselves, on their own!) Hispanics are not helpless and there is no excuse for their behavior. But We (Americans) are even more to blame. If we could go to Mexico and get from their government what they get here from us, we would have done it too. I for one would be basking on the beautiful gulf coast.

As far as spending a lot of money to help Mexicans in rural Mexico, I think we should just spend that money on our own. We could buy Mexico and that would definately solve the problem.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:03 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,748,476 times
Quote:
As far as spending a lot of money to help Mexicans in rural Mexico, I think we should just spend that money on our own. We could buy Mexico and that would definately solve the problem.
Let me be the first to puke at this idea. Take my tax payer money and spend it on making Mexico better? Puh-lease!!! That's about as an insane and liberal idea I've ever heard. Mexico has plenty of money, they just need a goverment that isn't so corrupt. There's no way on earth that we tax payers should be sending our money over there essentially buying them off of invading our country. The laws are the laws of our land just as we would have to abide by laws of other countries. They should be rounded up and deported. A massive fence built along the border and the military should patrol the border shooting anyone on site that tries to illegally cross into this country. Amen.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:27 AM

Quote:
What is absorbling? What do you mean by "Hispanics have now been absorbling illegal hispanic immigrants for 50 years."?
Do you mean Americans have been supporting illegal hispanic immigrants? That would make sense. The guilt trip has succeeded to make many Americans buy into feeling sorry for the pathetic criminals. After all we took their precious land... how many years ago?? They need to look into the rest of the history and see that the land was taken many, many times before...Spanish, Native Americans...how far back should we go?

Just as the family can't get the alcoholic back under control, (the only thing family members can do to help is to leave the pathetic sickos alone and let them learn to support themselves, to make a life for themselves, on their own!) Hispanics are not helpless and there is no excuse for their behavior. But We (Americans) are even more to blame. If we could go to Mexico and get from their government what they get here from us, we would have done it too. I for one would be basking on the beautiful gulf coast.

There is a long and colorful history to Mexican immigraton into the US. The end of the Bracero programs was more due to Mexico than to the US for instance. Mexico refuses to allow Braceros in Texas do to exploitation...the US responded by effectively opening the Texas border to agricultural workers, illegally by the way.

For the last fifty years we have de facto allowed illegal immigration from Mexico. It has now reached such a state that it is likely a permanent condition.

We can at any time we choose simple absorb Mexico into the US. We almost did so at the time of the Mexican American War. We fully conquered Mexico and, in fact, ran the Mexican Government. It would take a month or so to do it. But what does that accomplish? It simply opens the border completely.

And no I don't believe we have the will to do anything significant about rural Mexico. Far too much resistance. But I think that means the status quo will continue. They will come and we will absorb them until the eligible population in Mexico is empty. Fifteen million more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: