Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 10:31 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,279,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Let me be the first to puke at this idea. Take my tax payer money and spend it on making Mexico better? Puh-lease!!! That's about as an insane and liberal idea I've ever heard. Mexico has plenty of money, they just need a goverment that isn't so corrupt. There's no way on earth that we tax payers should be sending our money over there essentially buying them off of invading our country. The laws are the laws of our land just as we would have to abide by laws of other countries. They should be rounded up and deported. A massive fence built along the border and the military should patrol the border shooting anyone on site that tries to illegally cross into this country. Amen.
I agree. Little prospect that anything aiding rural Mexico will occur. That however is the only thing that might help.

Likewise, whether you agree or not, amnesty is coming and there is no will for a border fence or indications that it would be effective.

So status quo. We then absorb another 15 million or so illegals over the next 20 years.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:59 PM

33 posts, read 73,720 times
Default Illegal immigrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Let me be the first to puke at this idea. Take my tax payer money and spend it on making Mexico better? Puh-lease!!! That's about as an insane and liberal idea I've ever heard. Mexico has plenty of money, they just need a goverment that isn't so corrupt. There's no way on earth that we tax payers should be sending our money over there essentially buying them off of invading our country. The laws are the laws of our land just as we would have to abide by laws of other countries. They should be rounded up and deported. A massive fence built along the border and the military should patrol the border shooting anyone on site that tries to illegally cross into this country. Amen.
RedwingsFan,
If you had read the thread correctly, you would see that I was not endorsing spending anything to help Mexico. I think we should take Mexico ccompletely and rather enforce American Law. But that in itself is a joke, because there is no American "Law" being enforced in the country we presently own. At least not when it comes to the "poor hispanics."

My biggest point being that Hispanics must be held accountable for themselves in our country as well as in their own.

Do you not understand the Law of Attraction? That in which we struggle the most with becomes our goal. If we embrace Mexico to the point that it is our own, we will own it. The Golden Rule: Treat others the way you want to be treted.

If this is truley a nonracial issue, this will work. For some, I think it may be a racial issue, thus the struggle. Your ideas about the massive fence, and shooting anyone crossing is obsurd and very violent. That is definately not the answer. That, friend, would only irritate the masses and cause war. Infact that is the initiation of war. Not the answer in Iraq, Vietnam, or here.

The beauty of this country is the concept, that we need to live up to, of embracing all cultures to make a multicultural society where everyone respects and accepts all, LEGALLY, (under the same law). Somehow this got lost over the centuries. Too many immigrants come to this country, not to be a part of it, but to steal, cheat, and beat it down. We are finished if this is not stopped.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:24 PM

33 posts, read 73,720 times
Default Illegal immigrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
There is a long and colorful history to Mexican immigraton into the US. The end of the Bracero programs was more due to Mexico than to the US for instance. Mexico refuses to allow Braceros in Texas do to exploitation...the US responded by effectively opening the Texas border to agricultural workers, illegally by the way.
For the last fifty years we have de facto allowed illegal immigration from Mexico. It has now reached such a state that it is likely a permanent condition.
We can at any time we choose simple absorb Mexico into the US. We almost did so at the time of the Mexican American War. We fully conquered Mexico and, in fact, ran the Mexican Government. It would take a month or so to do it. But what does that accomplish? It simply opens the border completely.
And no I don't believe we have the will to do anything significant about rural Mexico. Far too much resistance. But I think that means the status quo will continue. They will come and we will absorb them until the eligible population in Mexico is empty. Fifteen million more.
Olecapt,
I like your idea to absorb Mexico. That is what I was hinting at when I jokingly said to buy it. Embracing it has got to be the answer. The only problem I see there is that we are already having problems enforcing law on them here. They are so use to fighting and defying the law, getting away with spreading their "disease" and generally disrespecting everyone else. I am not sure that would change (like the alcoholic, we cant change them).

When did we actually run the Mexican Government and what was the outcome of that? I would be interested in learning more about that. We really are one continant, why not one country? We are not "absorbing them," rather they are currently absorbing this country for themselves. If we don't absorb them, they will absorb us.

Old 12-30-2006, 04:41 AM

40 posts, read 219,399 times
depends on which side You look at it from....If You are asking if there are many Mexicans in Vegas....Yes As with any boom town low cost labor naturally migrates there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montevista1 View Post
Is Illegal Immigration a problem in Vegas?

Old 12-30-2006, 04:53 AM

40 posts, read 219,399 times
I wonder if that's what the Indians first thought ...... went from Oh Well to Oh Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Yes, but it's just a fact of life.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:29 PM

13 posts, read 135,667 times
I agree with the fixes to this problem.. but.. it takes a lot of people to get this rolling.. seems the mexicans didn't have any problem getting a few million to their kind to march against us in our own country... why could'nt we get a few million to surround the capitol and "TELL" our government what to do about it.. and what will happen if they choose not to listen this time! I'm not against immigration, just follow the rules.. they were good for our ancestors, they are good for these new predators.. and I am SICK AND TIRED OF CARRYING THEIR SORRY ASSES ON MY TAX BURDEN'D BACK!.... along with all the other foreign countries.. (another story tho)...

Old 01-01-2007, 01:49 AM
YGB

29 posts, read 111,170 times
This is an interesting conversation.

I like Olecapt's idea of absorbing Mexico into the U.S., but I don't think will happen. If it did you would eliminate some of the problems, but not all.

Old 01-01-2007, 01:51 AM

531 posts, read 2,076,869 times
Everytime I go to Vegas I see Illegals peddling smut on the strip. I guess these people are the only ones who would peddle smut.

Old 01-01-2007, 06:58 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,755,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGB View Post
This is an interesting conversation.

I like Olecapt's idea of absorbing Mexico into the U.S., but I don't think will happen. If it did you would eliminate some of the problems, but not all.
No, that wouldn't get rid of some of the problems. It would once again become a bigger economic tax burden for us so that we can provide those poor people with food, clothing, shelter, criminal justice, medical care, etc. No thanks, not interested... they would take far more than they would ever give.

Old 01-01-2007, 06:59 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,755,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montevista1 View Post
Everytime I go to Vegas I see Illegals peddling smut on the strip. I guess these people are the only ones who would peddle smut.
You are right. In my almost 10 years of living there they are the only ones I ever saw handing out the smut as well. And what good does it do, really? They try to give it to married people walking down the street. It's ridiculous and nothing but an eye sore to the strip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: