Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 12:34 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,306,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I am very careful about giving my pets anything from China. Costco continues to sell the chicken jerky treats. My dogs love them but I am not going to risk it. Too many pets have been sickened and some have died.
Trader Joe's has chicken treats made in the USA. My dogs love them. Also the brand Milo's Kitchen are made in the USA.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:36 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,422,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Trader Joe's has chicken treats made in the USA. My dogs love them. Also the brand Milo's Kitchen are made in the USA.
Thanks. We don't have a Trader Joe's but I have seen the Milo's kitchen brand.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:04 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,264,214 times
My little piece crap of car made it to Phoenix. I spent last night with my buddy, but now I am with my girl. We have a lot of catching up to do, so you will probably not hear from me for while.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:12 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,422,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
My little piece crap of car made it to Phoenix. I spent last night with my buddy, but now I am with my girl. We have a lot of catching up to do, so you will probably not hear from me for while.
Thanks for letting us know you got there safely.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:45 PM

23,238 posts, read 29,085,198 times
Quote:
Triple Hooray! Your car made it! A victory in itself! Now give that car a heap of thanks and give it a good cleaning, inside and out and apologize to it for calling it any nasty names!

I personalize my car to the point of insanity! I'm forever talking to it and complimenting it everytime it takes me somewhere without breaking down!

I won't take my 27YO car out of town, as I can't forget about it breaking down in the middle of the Mojave Desert 10 years ago and had to pay $550 to have it towed to Las Vegas.

Been renting cars, to get out of town, eversince!

Old 03-24-2012, 10:18 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,306,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Thanks. We don't have a Trader Joe's but I have seen the Milo's kitchen brand.
My dogs love the chicken meatballs. It's funny because a friend gave me a bag of them and I gave each dog one. My friend said "Oh, you probably want to break those up, they are pretty big!" (I have chihuahuas, 9 pounds and 6 pounds) Looking at Lupe (my 6 pound girl) trying her hardest to eat it, I said "I don't think she thinks they are too big!"

Old 03-24-2012, 10:24 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,572,084 times
Quote:

Congrats man. I reckon you were long overdue to bust out of your rut here regardless of how things go there.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:28 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,590,586 times
Quote:
That car is a trooper considering what it has been through.

Now go "catch up" with your girl

Old 03-25-2012, 04:02 PM

127 posts, read 227,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Going either black or white works with some, with others, it doesn't.

I can compare LVD's drinking to my smoking. A year ago, I cut down to smoking only halves, cut my smoking in half. Can't even smoke a whole cigarette anymore!

Lately, I'm on to my next phase, smoking thirds of a cigarette, and sometimes, I just take two puffs, put it out, re-light it at another time, take another couple puffs. And I've been able to measure the improvement in my health as a result of it!

In LVD's case, being I'm not an advocate of either black or white, my recommendation would be to cut down, first, by 25%, over a certain period of time, then 50%, then 75%. And if you merely stay at a 50% or 75% reduction, pat yourself on the back, it's a major achievement!

I had 3 relationships, over the years, with alcoholics, even went to Al-Anon and the treatment center groups, but, in all 3 cases, this black & white mindset, never took hold!

Like weaning yourself away from car dependency, don't quit cold turkey! Take the bus once a week, then twice a week, take it step by step, and within time, you're on a monthly bus pass!
That is the method, for smoking, that worked for my wife and I. We kept tapering off over a 3-4 moth period until we went cold turkey. Been clean for over 3 years now. As a by product we also have pretty much quit drinking, except for an occasional beer or glass of wine.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:29 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,517,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Now go "catch up" with your girl
code phrase?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas