Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 08:20 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times

Advertisements

My ferret got off his leash last Thursday night, on a walk in the downtown area (no walking him on the Strip anymore!) and I lost him. Ferrets are like birds, they just fly away when a door is open or they get off their leashes, won't respond to their names.

He got away one night in my neighborhood with the leash, but, luckily, I found him before it was too late. One of my ferrets got off his leash in Phoenix one time, at Encanto Park, and he turned up at a shelter 2 days later. I'm hoping, praying he'll show up at the Lied Animal Shelter yet. I was over there Friday morning. Will go back tomorrow morning.

It was my fault! I got distracted by the police pulling someone over, and I got rapped up watching it all. It doesn't help I have night vision either. I've also checked Craigslist pets and the newspaper everyday.

That Lied Animal Shelter is so depressing. 232 dogs and 82 cats up for adoption the day I was there, and 2 people bringing in animals they no longer wanted, and two strays brought in. Imagine trying to choose which dog to adopt out of 232 dogs!!! 464 eyes peering at you, all saying: Pick me!!

Last edited by tijlover; 03-18-2012 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 03-18-2012, 08:38 PM

233 posts, read 498,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've also checked Craigslist pets and the newspaper everyday.
You could try here if you use facebook. Saw them the other day. Hope you find your ferret!

https://www.facebook.com/LostPetsLasVegas (broken link)

If not I could keep an eye and let ya know if I see anything there =)

Old 03-18-2012, 08:55 PM

487 posts, read 747,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
My ferret got off his leash last Thursday night, on a walk in the downtown area (no walking him on the Strip anymore!) and I lost him. Ferrets are like birds, they just fly away when a door is open or they get off their leashes, won't respond to their names.

He got away one night in my neighborhood with the leash, but, luckily, I found him before it was too late. One of my ferrets got off his leash in Phoenix one time, at Encanto Park, and he turned up at a shelter 2 days later. I'm hoping, praying he'll show up at the Lied Animal Shelter yet. I was over there Friday morning. Will go back tomorrow morning.

It was my fault! I got distracted by the police pulling someone over, and I got rapped up watching it all. It doesn't help I have night vision either. I've also checked Craigslist pets and the newspaper everyday.

That Lied Animal Shelter is so depressing. 232 dogs and 82 cats up for adoption the day I was there, and 2 people bringing in animals they no longer wanted, and two strays brought in. Imagine trying to choose which dog to adopt out of 232 dogs!!! 464 eyes peering at you, all saying: Pick me!!

Downer!

Old 03-18-2012, 09:12 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Thanks for introducing me to that site, I didn't know it even existed!

The problem with ferrets is they're very popular animals among young people, as well as older people. Most times I've been out walking my ferret and I run into children or teenagers, they're right there to say: I want one! I want one! or: Can I have it? And they don't have the money to buy one, up to $200!

There's 232 dogs and 83 cats up for adoption at Lied Animal Shelter, and will you ever see 232 ferrets up for adoption and only 2 dogs?

My guess: someone latched onto him and they're not going to surrender him even with a posted reward!

Last edited by tijlover; 03-18-2012 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 03-19-2012, 12:13 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
If I were you, I would go back to the area where he disappeared, knock on doors, talk to everyone, show pics. Someone has to know where the ferret is! I would not give up at all if it were one of my furries. Tell everyone the ferret is your therapy animal. And also offer a reward. I hope you find your little one.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:00 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
If I were you, I would go back to the area where he disappeared, knock on doors, talk to everyone, show pics. Someone has to know where the ferret is! I would not give up at all if it were one of my furries. Tell everyone the ferret is your therapy animal. And also offer a reward. I hope you find your little one.
Agree 100%.

Hope you find him!!!

Old 03-19-2012, 06:05 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Default After one month of being away....

I feel I can give a better comparison of my hometown and Las Vegas better

Since I've been back in Orlando
-I find myself saying "I'm bored" a lot more often than I did here in Vegas
-I realized that traffic congestion here is actually worse than LV
-The variety of radio stations here stinks compared to LV
-I miss the view of the Spring Mtns and Red Rock in the west, Sheep Range, and Gass Peak in North Las Vegas
-The 2am cutoff here is a real downer sometimes
-But drinks here are a LOT cheaper than LV
-The dating pool here stinks just as bad as Vegas' does but there are few "working girls" here in Orlando
-I dont miss that ridiculous wind Vegas has
-I also dont miss my lips constantly needing ChapStick
-But I do miss Red Rock, Santa Fe, and Aliante Stations
-I also miss the M Resort's $5 mixed and $5 premium drinks
-I DONT miss the east side of Vegas
-But I do miss Summerlin, Centennial Hills, and the Aliante areas
-I also miss all my awesome friends I made working at the Cosmopolitan
-I miss seeing and talking to celebrities like it was no big deal on the strip
-I dont miss the torturous LONG red lights all around town though
-And I miss my all time favorite bar....INSERT COINS!
-I also miss shopping at the Ann/Decatur and Charleston/Hualapai Smith's. I miss Smith's in general

I hope I can get back to Las Vegas when I finish school

Last edited by DavieJ89; 03-19-2012 at 06:20 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I hope I can get back to Las Vegas when I finish school
.....And you will. Even know I am not from Las Vegas, every time I left for greener pastors, and that includes my hometown of Phoenix, I realized the ground was dead and brown once I got there and I too had to come back. In other words, Las Vegas is now your home whether you like it or not.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
.....And you will. Even know I am not from Las Vegas, every time I left for greener pastors, and that includes my hometown of Phoenix, I realized the ground was dead and brown once I got there and I too had to come back. In other words, Las Vegas is now your home whether you like it or not.
Lol, well physically its MUCH greener here than Vegas, the rain here is ridiculous sometimes

I just find that there's a lot less to do, and I'm over the theme parks here. I loved then as a kid growing up here but now that I'm older I'm interested in more mature activities, Orlando is seriously lacking in that field

If I do decide to return to Vegas, luckily I will have a career and a marketable skill to earn me enough money to live the lifestyle I became accustomed to working at the Cosmopolitan

Old 03-19-2012, 06:50 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Lol, well physically its MUCH greener here than Vegas, the rain here is ridiculous sometimes

I just find that there's a lot less to do, and I'm over the theme parks here. I loved then as a kid growing up here but now that I'm older I'm interested in more mature activities, Orlando is seriously lacking in that field

If I do decide to return to Vegas, luckily I will have a career and a marketable skill to earn me enough money to live the lifestyle I became accustomed to working at the Cosmopolitan
We will always welcome you back my friend, in fact, we already miss you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas