Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2011, 05:08 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,816,321 times

Advertisements

It's on your record because of the NCIC checks employers are performing on you.
It may not be something a local court or a precinct sees, but the FBI obviously has a record of it.
All criminal convictions are in that database.
....and it's not removable I don't think.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:11 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
It may not be something a local court or a precinct sees, but the FBI obviously has a record of it.
Yep. Nothing truly 'goes away'. In this day and age everything is probably stored in a million different places.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:57 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
When I got the charge, I was told by the court that they would expunge it in one year as long as I did not commit any more crimes. I stayed clean and went back to the court after a year. They claimed they did expunge it, but it keeps showing up on background checks. When I call them, they claim they have no record of it. I finally just gave up an accepted it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Yep. Nothing truly 'goes away'. In this day and age everything is probably stored in a million different places.
One thing I would like to say is everyone makes mistakes when they were younger, and I am no exception. I have never hurt anyone physically, and in no way do I break the law at all anymore with the exception of minor traffic violations (everyone does). I have worked as security for a high profile IT company for the last five years protecting the building and all of the employees belongings. If I was in any way a thief, I would not have kept my job. I just want to be forgiven, and I wish potential future employers would do so too.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
One thing I would like to say is everyone makes mistakes when they were younger, and I am no exception. I have never hurt anyone physically, and in no way do I break the law at all anymore with the exception of minor traffic violations (everyone does). I have worked as security for a high profile IT company for the last five years protecting the building and all of the employees belongings. If I was in any way a thief, I would not have kept my job. I just want to be forgiven, and I wish potential future employers would do so too.
Yes, I do realize that. Unfortunately with 7 billion people in the world it's pretty difficult to make your case when it already looks bad on paper and the employer has a stack of papers. Not that it's impossible for you. Just that you may have to improve your social skills and really leave your mark in person wherever you can.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:03 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Way, way back in my hippie/counter culture days, when I was sharing a commune-like house with 10 others in MN, unknown to me I had an entry in my record I was completely unaware of: suspected drug dealing. Back then, we had some big parties at that house with as many as 75 people at that house on a party night, particulary if it was going to be an LSD party!

Didn't even know it until years later when my sister was filing for divorce, wishing custody of the kids, and her husband's family dug up all they could to declare her an unfit mother, and there it was: a brother suspected of drug dealing. Never arrested, charged, but there it was, suspicion only!

I've never even bothered to invesitage if it's on my record to this day, 40 years later, don't really care, it has never come up in applying for jobs.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:05 PM

430 posts, read 1,312,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Sorry to hear that LVD. From what I can tell, you and Las Vegas have had a love-hate relationship for years now. You are a very real and honest person, with a generous streak and open personality in an area not always known for that.

I wish you all the luck and good future.
Ditto!

Do what you can to see if you can find those open doors. Keep listening to that positive encouraging Christian music, it can't hurt.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:08 AM

I just randomly came across this photo. Is this Aqua's wife?

The Bearded Woman | Jawdrops

Old 11-17-2011, 03:20 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Yep, that's her. I sure hope she was not feeding that poor little mouse to those hungry snakes.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:01 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Yep, that's her. I sure hope she was not feeding that poor little mouse to those hungry snakes.
That was Aquas lunch

Old 11-17-2011, 10:29 AM

762 posts, read 1,562,724 times
Just not funny. Fail on so many levels
My husband looks like a zombie because of his disease, he has to eat soft or pureed food
Would you post of pic of my husband and say things? Probably. Do not make fun of Aqua or his wife. I would rather have her make money feeding snakes than selling herself or something worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas