Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 07:51 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Quixotic, people who eat a lot of broccoli are healthy. I'm thinking tazz is part of that weird low carb crowd. My cousin is into that and tries teaching that to all family members. I won't have any part of it.

Avoiding gluten and dairy alone will help most people immensely. Aside from that, going to certain extremes is often unnecessary. The basic principle I live by is to eat as little processed food as possible. There's been many cultures that have lived off primarily meat so long as the meat was unprocessed and the animals themselves had a healthy diet (Not eating factory kibble, grain or whatever they weren't meant to eat).

Old 01-11-2012, 08:01 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,491,243 times
Quote:
Quixotic, people who eat a lot of broccoli are healthy. I'm thinking tazz is part of that weird low carb crowd. My cousin is into that and tries teaching that to all family members. I won't have any part of it.
EXTREMELY beneficial to men for many health related reasons!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Avoiding gluten and dairy alone will help most people immensely. Aside from that, going to certain extremes is often unnecessary. The basic principle I live by is to eat as little processed food as possible. There's been many cultures that have lived off primarily meat so long as the meat was unprocessed and the animals themselves had a healthy diet (Not eating factory kibble, grain or whatever they weren't meant to eat).
That's the ticket right there. I got diabetes at 50 because of heredity and being overweight but the doctor is always surprised that my cholestrol and other factors are so low. I am able to keep my diabetes in check with the minimum dosage of my medication. The main reason for this is that we eat almost no processed foods.
It's scary to be in the supermarket and see other carts filled with frozen foods and processed snacks. We spend the same or less on groceries as many others but it's mostly veggies, fruits, whole grains, chicken, turkey and lean beef. If we fry, it's sautee in olive oil or canola oil.
But I must confess, I LOVE my potatoes, even if it's plain baked or boiled!!!

Old 01-11-2012, 08:14 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times
according to las vegas drunks profile this last post was december 13th 2011, I certainly hope he is okay

Old 01-11-2012, 10:10 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
according to las vegas drunks profile this last post was december 13th 2011, I certainly hope he is okay
I hope he is too. If someone knows his address, go and check on him. But I remember him saying he was going to go back to Phoenix and live with his girlfriend.
He was still friends with Aqua, so if someone finds him, maybe he knows where LVD is. LVD could be reading our posts about him and laughing for all we know.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,056,523 times
He may suddenly reappear, respond to piles of our posts for 6 weeks, and we'll have to wade through pages of them!

I believe he did say something about the possibility of not being able to afford Internet coverage on his unemployment compensation. Let's pray that's the case and he reappears soon!

Old 01-12-2012, 03:48 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
If you all like shooting each other...with paintballs of course, try this grand opening this weekend:

New paintball battlefield opening in North Las Vegas - Thursday, Jan. 12, 2012 | 2 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

Old 01-12-2012, 05:45 AM

208 posts, read 350,584 times
Quote:
If you all like shooting each other...with paintballs of course, try this grand opening this weekend:

New paintball battlefield opening in North Las Vegas - Thursday, Jan. 12, 2012 | 2 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun
Now that would be a fun "LV city-data meet up", can you imagine the pelting some of us would take

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
I'ts obviously not a black and white issue for any of us, but I think people who follow this premise are as close to eating healthy as we can get in our society. Like quixotic said...look at someones grocery cart. They really seem to think that throwing a pkg of frozen fried chicken and a pkg of frozen french fries in the oven for 20min is providing a home cooked meal for their kids. Its really scary.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:38 AM

23,224 posts, read 29,056,523 times
I try to not peek into other's grocery carts, but sometimes, if there's a long line to the cashier, I peek at other's and I almost barf!

Particularly when you see stacks of the cheapest hot dogs in the grocery store, but who knows, maybe they're using them for other reasons! Or maybe they're using them for weapons!

I can deal with a case of Ramen noodles better than cheap hot dogs!

Last edited by tijlover; 01-12-2012 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: Edit

Old 01-12-2012, 06:41 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times
Unforutnately, in supermarkets, the healthier the food...the higher the costs.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:28 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,160,812 times
I spoke to my wife yesterday and she says that between 1am-2am some neighborhood dog's barking keeps waking the baby up. The barking is pretty faint but goes on for 5-30 minutes. Enough to startle the baby. Not sure how close or far the dogs are. Would like some type of deterrent for the night time barking.

I don't care if the solution is temporary. I just need something for the next 2 1/2 months till I get back and make some visits to some neighbors or dogs. I was going to order it online and have it sent to her.

Thanks anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas