Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 02:57 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I have that book too! I could probably be either a library or a used book store by now.

I once lent a book against my will way back when... "Salems Lot" by Stephen King. I had just gotten it, didn't even read it yet when the guy I was living with at that time talked me into lending it to his friend. His stupid friend moved away with my book.
I learned from that to never lend anything I wanted to keep, no matter who they were. Now if someone wants to read a book off of my couple thousand to-be-read pile, they will have to wait until i read it first. But if i I like it well enough to keep it for later, they will just have to buy their own copy.
You reminded me that I lent an Anne Rice book to someone in 1995 and never got it back lol

Old 06-07-2012, 06:16 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,160,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOldfield View Post
Von, that's awesome! Tell Katie great job, and she can come to my house and plant as many as she wants for me! I tried to do seeds for various veggies and flowers earlier this Spring but failed miserably. I've since gone to cactus containers and they seem pretty happy. Always wanted a bunch of sunflowers, though! I hope your HOA doesn't make you take them down. I know they might seem too big for your yard, but it's such a great splash of color, not to mention food for birds

Sorry, I know I'm behind the times...just got back from vacation ;-)
Just so you know, That is not my video. I just posted it as reference to what I have in my front yard on desert landscaping. I do not know any of the people in the video.

I have the opposite problem with vegetable gardening. I can't transplant for crap. No matter what I do, it dies after a couple of weeks. But when it comes to planting seeds, i can get 80% to germinate. So far in our backyard we have a huge tomato bush that has produced about 30 tomatoes. We also have carrots, onions, cucumbers, bell peppers, garlic, squash, grape vine and some others that I can't remember. All started from seeds except the tomato plant.

As far as my HOA, they came by to do their neighborhood checks about a week ago, I called a couple days later to check to see if I had any active violations. They told me zero.

I get tons of praises from my surrounding neighbors. So I think I should be good to go. Im ready to pull them up of I have to though, hopefully I won't.

Sent from my iPhone while driving using Tapatalk.

Last edited by von949; 06-07-2012 at 06:34 PM..

Old 06-07-2012, 06:54 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
You reminded me that I lent an Anne Rice book to someone in 1995 and never got it back lol
I probably have that one too!

Old 06-07-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I probably have that one too!
It was The Witching Hour. My brother gave it to me for Xmas and I never even read it before I lent it to someone I was in beauty school with. She and I were big Anne Rice fans, we went to see Interview with a Vampire together on opening night LOL

Old 06-07-2012, 08:25 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
LVD...you're my hero. I find myself rooting for you at every post. Truly inspirational.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
sorry, i agree the JFK, LVD is (was) one of the better posters on here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I just have to say that I really miss LVD and hope he comes back to post here.
I was really bored today, and I read over the whole Las Vegas chat thread today. It took hours, but it was interesting. Look at the posts above. They were from early 2010. Wow, how things change! This one below is the one that really took me by surprise. I had to read over it a few times to make sure I read correctly. Just so no one thinks I am making this up, it is on page 283 of this thread. Mad Man was defending me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
That statement is pretty ironic coming right after you wrote three paragraphs flaming a poster on this board. A poster, btw, who writes positive post after positive post trying to encourage people who have little or no money by telling them his story.
And it is not he who is negative, it is you. For some unknown reason, you feel a need to dis him because he is happy with his job and his life, just because it does not meet your standards of "success."
I had an earlier conversation yesterday with the girlfriend (I know, I know), but she had said I am not the same person anymore, and not in a good way. After reading through the whole chat thread, I have to agree. If anyone here ever met me, they would know I am a good guy with a big heart. Unfortunately, I have been the worst "negative nancy" on here because of my recent bad luck. I am going to take my girlfriend's advice and get out of the apartment from now on, whether I have a car or not. I did get the mail today and go to the little gym in my apartment community so it is a start. There is a half smile on my face now, and I will do everything I can to return to my former self. Thanks for listening.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:52 PM

Yes, LVD. Go outside. Talk to people. Life can be really good.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:09 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
LVD, did you know that going for a walk in the sunshine is a natural mood booster? Since it gets so hot, do this in the morning.
Getting outside and being a part of the life thing is good for everyone. I know I also need to get out more, but if I am in the sun too long, I melt like the wicked witch of the west.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:12 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
LVD, people who care will be the first to be brutally honest with you. People who enable others on a path of destruction are not friends.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:16 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
...and keep re-reading the posts if it got you motivated!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
LVD, did you know that going for a walk in the sunshine is a natural mood booster? Since it gets so hot, do this in the morning.
Getting outside and being a part of the life thing is good for everyone. I know I also need to get out more, but if I am in the sun too long, I melt like the wicked witch of the west.
Vitamin D! I call it Vitamin Duuuuuude its so awesome out here!

I just love soaking the sun and recharging. I LOVE THE SUN. I seriously get the best feeling of well being while out in it

I'm pretty sure I was Egyptian in a former life, most likely a Queen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas