Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 03:11 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've been in diapers the last 5 days, and this could become addictive, increase my laziness!

When a co-worker told me her whole family got this terrible flu bug, going around, and diarrhea afflicting the whole family, I gained some relief, as it should pass in a few days!

Not in my case! 5 days "running"!

And being I cook once a week, eat leftovers until the next week, someone asked me if I baked anything with mayonnaise in it. Yup, I did, and I rarely cook with mayo, as reheated mayo dishes, after X number of days, can spell dangers, perhaps food poisoning.

I also work in a health care facility with patients in isolation with C-Diff! Could that be it?

Talked to a friend tonite who's an RN, and she gave me some good advice.

Last time I had diarrhea this long was 12 years ago, when I took my mother to New England for a Fall color trip. Started the trip at Lake Placid. Had the runs for the whole length of the trip. Even messed the bed one night. Food poisoning at a restaurant? The water? I'll never know!

Gotta run!!!
So sorry to hear this. I hope it passes soon and you feel better! This must be the year for weird things to happen to people. The end of the world to some...starting to make me wonder.
I have been struck with a weird affliction that I will not reveal on the boards. I almost caved in and went to the emergency room earlier, but I am trying to wait until tomorrow to either get an appt at a low cost medical clinic, or a walk in at a low-cost place. I sure wish I had insurance right about now!! Sucks not having money! Well, at least i don't have what you have, that could be much worse I bet. Although the last time I had what you have, I ate at the Santa Fe stations cafe. Was terribly sick from Listeria for 2 weeks. Don't you sometimes wonder how that much crap can come out of you for days on end?? It's like everyone is just full of it.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:39 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Have you done any research on the Health & Wellness forum on CD.com? I started there with a Search: Diarrhea. But my RN friend from CA was the most helpful of all. And it's working already, knock on wood! Just eating rice porridge with water, plain potatoes, no dairy products/meat/coffee, but after a couple days of this, she warns, you may get constipated and have to correct that problem, which will be much easier! I keep my fingers crossed!

Working in a health care facility with patients with C-Diff (they're put in isolation-gotta wear gowns/gloves,etc.), there's always the dangers of getting that. A co-worker got it, going to the bathroom every half-hour, and he was out from work for 3 weeks with it and he slept in the bathtub!

Any health care issue, that arises, can turn your world upside down so quickly you hardly know what hit you. And then there's all the conflicting questions, advice, diagnoses to deal with!

I'm guessing I got it from those mayonnaise dishes I made, eating it for a week, now learning any mayo dishes should be eaten within 2 days. Never mind, I'm staying away from mayonnaise completely, unless I make a sandwich with it and eat it pronto! Even with buffets, I'll stay clear of the mayo dishes!

I have Health Plan of Nevada, hesitated to go there today, as I imagined the worst: First off, I'm stingy about paying $$ for health care (the $20-$40 co-payments) and my guess is I was going to be prescribed medications I couldn't afford, like the last time!

So, so wish you, Pink, the lowest cost solutions to your present health care crisis and you recover quickly!

Old 01-26-2012, 09:15 AM

131 posts, read 209,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've been in diapers the last 5 days, and this could become addictive, increase my laziness!

When a co-worker told me her whole family got this terrible flu bug, going around, and diarrhea afflicting the whole family, I gained some relief, as it should pass in a few days!

Not in my case! 5 days "running"!

And being I cook once a week, eat leftovers until the next week, someone asked me if I baked anything with mayonnaise in it. Yup, I did, and I rarely cook with mayo, as reheated mayo dishes, after X number of days, can spell dangers, perhaps food poisoning.

I also work in a health care facility with patients in isolation with C-Diff! Could that be it?

Talked to a friend tonite who's an RN, and she gave me some good advice.

Last time I had diarrhea this long was 12 years ago, when I took my mother to New England for a Fall color trip. Started the trip at Lake Placid. Had the runs for the whole length of the trip. Even messed the bed one night. Food poisoning at a restaurant? The water? I'll never know!

Gotta run!!!
There was an article in Sunday's RJ about a med student who diagnosed her grandfather with C Diff (I think) by happenstance...I wonder if it's worth looking into if you're potentially exposed to it?? Glad what you're trying is working so far, though..the runs suck! Feel better soon, both of you!

Old 01-26-2012, 09:16 AM

131 posts, read 209,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I still got a little while left on this deployment But a picture or two of what they have would be nice so I know for next time.
You got it!

Old 01-26-2012, 10:27 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,259,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
So sorry to hear this. I hope it passes soon and you feel better! This must be the year for weird things to happen to people. The end of the world to some...starting to make me wonder.
I have been struck with a weird affliction that I will not reveal on the boards. I almost caved in and went to the emergency room earlier, but I am trying to wait until tomorrow to either get an appt at a low cost medical clinic, or a walk in at a low-cost place. I sure wish I had insurance right about now!! Sucks not having money! Well, at least i don't have what you have, that could be much worse I bet. Although the last time I had what you have, I ate at the Santa Fe stations cafe. Was terribly sick from Listeria for 2 weeks. Don't you sometimes wonder how that much crap can come out of you for days on end?? It's like everyone is just full of it.
'

If you need a place to go Look into Procare Medical Clinic. They are reasonable for cash pay & they also have their own "Insurance type" plans. As for prescriptions when I didnt have insurance I ordered from a (legit) Canadian Pharmacy. So much cheaper than our pharmacies.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:16 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Why not share? Apparently, on this thread, nothing is sacred!

But, seriously, I hope you both feel better soon! (at least you have sun as opposed to here in MI, haven't seen it for days )

Old 01-26-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Why not share? Apparently, on this thread, nothing is sacred!

But, seriously, I hope you both feel better soon! (at least you have sun as opposed to here in MI, haven't seen it for days )
I don't like putting my entire life online like a lot of people do. I need to find cheap insurance or something really fast, that covers emergency surgery if possible. We do not have money to see a doctor, no insurance, no savings, we are in debt again up to our eyeballs and beyond, so you can see where this is going. I called a few places today, but they are appt only, and by the time I could get there, would be weeks away. I don't think I could last that long.

I did check out that Procare place, but for what I need, I do not think they offer any help, and I would just be referred to someone else. Cannot afford the insurance type plans where they want a hundred or more a month, and then a huge deductible. It still comes down to not having the money. Ending up in the emergency room is not an option because how the heck would the bill be paid? We'd lose the house. That's all we have left. Anyway...that's life.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
I don't like putting my entire life online like a lot of people do. I need to find cheap insurance or something really fast, that covers emergency surgery if possible. We do not have money to see a doctor, no insurance, no savings, we are in debt again up to our eyeballs and beyond, so you can see where this is going. I called a few places today, but they are appt only, and by the time I could get there, would be weeks away. I don't think I could last that long.

I did check out that Procare place, but for what I need, I do not think they offer any help, and I would just be referred to someone else. Cannot afford the insurance type plans where they want a hundred or more a month, and then a huge deductible. It still comes down to not having the money. Ending up in the emergency room is not an option because how the heck would the bill be paid? We'd lose the house. That's all we have left. Anyway...that's life.
Does Las Vegas have a county hospital that offers payment arrangements?

Old 01-26-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Does Las Vegas have a county hospital that offers payment arrangements?
I have no idea. Their payments would probably be too much. I wonder if they take IOU's. I found some "low cost" clinics that might work. Why are they always in the worst area's? The best place I found is only open a few hours a day the 1rst and 3rd friday every month. For free. Too bad this is the 4th friday tomorrow.
I may be out of here for a few days or so.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
I have no idea. Their payments would probably be too much. I wonder if they take IOU's. I found some "low cost" clinics that might work. Why are they always in the worst area's? The best place I found is only open a few hours a day the 1rst and 3rd friday every month. For free. Too bad this is the 4th friday tomorrow.
I may be out of here for a few days or so.
When push comes to shove, you need to get care Pink even if it means filing bankruptcy. They can't take your home. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas