Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 10:22 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times

Advertisements

@ElleTea, Love the kitty and dog together like that. Not all cats would use a chihuahua for a pillow. They keep each other warm.
I have some fleece pajama bottoms in red with a christmas print. I wear them through the winter inside, never out. It gets icy cold in our downstairs between November to about now. They really come in handy along with some nice thick slipper socks and a big shaker knit sweater.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:23 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
@ElleTea, Love the kitty and dog together like that. Not all cats would use a chihuahua for a pillow. They keep each other warm.
I have some fleece pajama bottoms in red with a christmas print. I wear them through the winter inside, never out. It gets icy cold in our downstairs between November to about now. They really come in handy along with some nice thick slipper socks and a big shaker knit sweater.
The cats and dogs in my house all get along just fine. They lay together and even share well. The dogs know the cats rule . If I give them all food at the same time the dogs know better than to take the cat's stuff.

I LOVE fleece pj pants. They are too hot to sleep in, but great for wearing around the house. And yes, NEVER out of the house.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:42 AM

58 posts, read 241,825 times
Anybody got any tips for what to do to keep your cat happy while you're gone on a short vacation? I love my little Suski!

Old 03-08-2012, 12:56 PM

762 posts, read 1,562,724 times
Do you have a neighbor you could leave your cat with?

Good news? In 31 days we will be on a flight to Disney World
My grandbabies are 10 and 7 so it will be a blast!
And my husband will be taken care of by his daughter. 1st break from my hubby in 6 yrs of his illness. I just cannot wait !!
So watch out Mickey, we are coming. We could have lunch with Davie while we are there LOL

Old 03-08-2012, 01:41 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseton3 View Post
Anybody got any tips for what to do to keep your cat happy while you're gone on a short vacation? I love my little Suski!
If I am going to be gone just a couple of days I never worry about my cats. They have each other to keep them company. 2 nights alone is my max, though, and any longer I would want someone to check on them.

Dogs are a different story. They can't be left alone very well for more than 12 hours, as they need to potty. Also, my dogs get fed by me twice a day, as opposed to the cats having access to food 24/7. The reason is the dogs are little piggies and would eat every morsel in the first 5 minutes. (I have to keep the cat's food on a table where the dogs can't reach or they'd eat that too) When I am away from them my roommate takes care of them and I portion their food out ahead of time.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:01 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
Do you have a neighbor you could leave your cat with?

Good news? In 31 days we will be on a flight to Disney World
My grandbabies are 10 and 7 so it will be a blast!
And my husband will be taken care of by his daughter. 1st break from my hubby in 6 yrs of his illness. I just cannot wait !!
So watch out Mickey, we are coming. We could have lunch with Davie while we are there LOL
That sounds really nice. That will be nice for you to relax and just have fun. I would say to look Davie up and I bet he would meet you all for lunch. Sounds like a plan.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:02 PM

369 posts, read 772,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
But do they spread out and hog the bed like my cats do? My husband takes up one side of the bed. The cats both congregate on my side, and I end up curled up in a ball because there is no room for me. I finally can't take it anymore and get up, drag one cat to one side of the room of cat beds, and drag the other to the other side. I lay down, they jump right back on the bed. I can't lock them out, because they then try to tear apart the door from underneath and howl like wolves. Yeah, they are spoiled.

Mine chase each other over the bottom of the bed.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:34 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Hey guys, thank for withholding some valuable information from me!!!

Went to my 3rd court hearing today (my ticket stemmed from 8/12/11) and lost my case! An article in The Week magazine recommended going thru the court process for a traffic ticket, betting on the chance the officer won't show up and your charges dismissed.

What they didn't say is that motorcycle cops will always show up for a court date as they get a big bonus at the end of the year! My roommate, belatedly, told me that! But I bet you guys all knew that all along and didn't tell me that!

So my $600 in fines was reduced to $480! So there goes my Yuma/Algodones Dental trip!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:26 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Hey guys, thank for withholding some valuable information from me!!!

Went to my 3rd court hearing today (my ticket stemmed from 8/12/11) and lost my case! An article in The Week magazine recommended going thru the court process for a traffic ticket, betting on the chance the officer won't show up and your charges dismissed.

What they didn't say is that motorcycle cops will always show up for a court date as they get a big bonus at the end of the year! My roommate, belatedly, told me that! But I bet you guys all knew that all along and didn't tell me that!

So my $600 in fines was reduced to $480! So there goes my Yuma/Algodones Dental trip!
I must have missed something. What was the ticket for?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:10 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I must have missed something. What was the ticket for?
Leading the police on a high-speed chase to Primm! Dang it! Almost made it across the border into California but they stopped me right in front of Whiskey Pete's!

Repeat, as I posted this shortly after I got the ticket 8/12/11: I was out late one night (1-2am), scouting out some near-west parks to walk my ferret. Directions to Rainbow Family park, go west on Obannon from Rainbow, but couldn't locate the park, ended up at Jones (T in the road). I hung a right turn to go to the next street, then planned to head back east and hopefully find the park.

Unfamiliar with the area/Jones, I didn't realize I was driving on this big wide shoulder (thought it was a driving lane) and I was stopped. Couldn't get the glove compartment open to fetch my registration/proof of insurance, so I got tagged for that, along with Driving in an Unsafe Lane!

The State, County, City is so desperate for revenue today, they ain't gonna give you an inch today in traffic court. With Dave Rodger's $150k a year pension to pay out every year, that alone tells the story! And the lawsuits against the police force, the $$ is gotta come from somewhere!

Last edited by tijlover; 03-08-2012 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas