Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2017, 04:52 AM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Once in awhile. Why?
Some way out stuff may have happened there. Even if nothing from another world was there, cutting edge tech projects went on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
They did, but then they mysteriously vanished shortly afterwards. Coincidence?
Teasing, right?

Old 06-21-2017, 07:26 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Here's my footprint in this thread, finally.

We celebrated our residency graduation this past weekend. Three years flew by fast! We'll be moving this week for fellowship out of state. Mostly packed but I need help wrapping things in bubble wrap and saran wrap so they don't get scratched up on the long drive. That's hard to do all by myself. We've had our place there for months now just sitting empty waiting for us.

I'm going to miss Las Vegas and all of you that I've met here at the local C-D meetups. I hope to come back and visit, but if not soon then you know how to reach me.
Sorry I could never attend the meetups and meet you. Good luck in your move.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:31 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Have long time Las Vegas residents talked about Area 51 at times throughout the past?
I used to be into that kind of thing sort of through some friends. All you have to do is go out to Rachel, NV and the allure of it all will quickly fade. Just do not go over that line and into the Area 51 property though. They will take you away. Or scare the pee out of you with threatening gestures involving guns.

We did see some weird things out that way long ago, like some deformed looking animals, and weird things flying in the night sky. I think we need to make another trip out there again. I could use another alien mug.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:38 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,061,361 times
I read an entire book, a few years back, with the title being Area 51, but I can't remember the author's name.

I knew someone that did some work up there. Him and some others entered a bus with blacked out windows, and a screen behind the driver, so you have no idea where you're going. The bus entered some secret facility, he/they did their work, boarded the bus again, and were dropped off at the entrance.

There's a myriad of secrets up there that will never be revealed to the public!

Old 06-23-2017, 01:52 AM

To escape the heat, I rented a car and drove up to Grand Junction for 3 days, and figuring the altitude being 4500 feet I expected some relief. Not! 100-105 all 3 days! Tuesday morning I headed east to Vail (8300 feet) and I didn't get any relief there, then drove up the winding mountain roads to Leadville (10-11,000 feet, and as I stopped along the way, I was still sweating!

Grand Junction doesn't want recreational Pot stores, for some reason, and about 60 miles east there's a tiny town called Silt, where they have 2 recreational pot dispensaries. Curious, I had to check one out. Holy Jeezus, the prices! I'm sure the black marketeers are celebrating! $40 for one gram. And being I haven't smoked it since my hippie days, not sure what it would do to me, I opted to buy one joint, $9. I smoked half of it with my roommate, who came along, but I didn't react at all to it, but my roommate claimed: Now that's strong stuff!

And such an array of products, candies, bars, lotions, and 3 types of marijuana, one that will only give you a head high, an intermediate brand that gives you both a head high and relaxes you, and the 3rd, purely for relaxation, a good sleep.

When these pot stores open up here and a homeless person goes to one and finds out the price of one joint, what will they say? For that, I can buy a 12 pack!

Did some thrift stores and 2 book stores, and bought a stack of art books.

Stayed at the Ramada! Now how rare is that? To find a well-maintained older motel with your own private spacious balcony! And? Concrete flooring between the floors! No aisle balcony or private balcony, I'll sleep in my rental car instead! Across the street is one of these new upstart motel chains, Comfort Inn, and if I stayed there I would have been most uncomfortable! Actually, miserable!

Last edited by tijlover; 06-23-2017 at 02:29 AM..

Old 06-23-2017, 10:01 AM

555 posts, read 595,817 times
tij, it hit 100 here in Denver a couple of days ago, which is not all that unusual (maybe not every summer, although we do get into the mid-90's for at least a few days every year. Record high in Denver for June, July, and August is 105). Then a cold front moved in; temp this morning when I got up was 46!

Old 06-23-2017, 10:44 AM

I lived in Denver for 6 months back in 1972 and I know all about the mercurial weather patterns of Denver, where the temp can rise 30 degrees and then drop 30 degrees.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:10 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,715,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
To escape the heat, I rented a car and drove up to Grand Junction for 3 days, and figuring the altitude being 4500 feet I expected some relief. Not! 100-105 all 3 days! Tuesday morning I headed east to Vail (8300 feet) and I didn't get any relief there, then drove up the winding mountain roads to Leadville (10-11,000 feet, and as I stopped along the way, I was still sweating!

Grand Junction doesn't want recreational Pot stores, for some reason, and about 60 miles east there's a tiny town called Silt, where they have 2 recreational pot dispensaries. Curious, I had to check one out. Holy Jeezus, the prices! I'm sure the black marketeers are celebrating! $40 for one gram. And being I haven't smoked it since my hippie days, not sure what it would do to me, I opted to buy one joint, $9. I smoked half of it with my roommate, who came along, but I didn't react at all to it, but my roommate claimed: Now that's strong stuff!

And such an array of products, candies, bars, lotions, and 3 types of marijuana, one that will only give you a head high, an intermediate brand that gives you both a head high and relaxes you, and the 3rd, purely for relaxation, a good sleep.

When these pot stores open up here and a homeless person goes to one and finds out the price of one joint, what will they say? For that, I can buy a 12 pack!

Did some thrift stores and 2 book stores, and bought a stack of art books.

Stayed at the Ramada! Now how rare is that? To find a well-maintained older motel with your own private spacious balcony! And? Concrete flooring between the floors! No aisle balcony or private balcony, I'll sleep in my rental car instead! Across the street is one of these new upstart motel chains, Comfort Inn, and if I stayed there I would have been most uncomfortable! Actually, miserable!
When we were in Amsterdam recently our friends bought "Space Cakes" that were the only item in the store that didn't hype up. Neither felt a thing. I guess you have to be careful about buying in stores just like you do at the corner dealer.

Old 06-23-2017, 03:28 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
When we were in Amsterdam recently our friends bought "Space Cakes" that were the only item in the store that didn't hype up. Neither felt a thing. I guess you have to be careful about buying in stores just like you do at the corner dealer.
There was a guy on the beach in Jamaica selling those. We didn't try them.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
When I was at this Recreational Pot store, they had chocolate marijuana bars, and the salesperson said it might take a couple hours for it to kick in, and if it didn't kick in, eat more of the chocolate bar.

Given the prices, why take a risk like that!

Would you buy a mixed drink or beer and have to wait 2 hours to get a buzz?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas