Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 04:32 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
“ He is no longer with us” means he died. I’ve been in and around medicine for more than 30 years. LVD is correct in his assumption.

LVD, I also suffer from severe depression. I’ve been hospitalized many times over it. You have a compadre.
I feel like **** that I wasn’t able to bring Adam his pizza.

He wanted olives on it.
Oh, I'm sorry NLVgal. You would know far more about words used than me. I'm sorry to hear that. I had seen Adam on Fremont Street a few times years ago.

My sister suffers with depression, and it is a very hard load to carry. I send both you and LVD my best wishes.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:45 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
Because of severe depression, I just go to work and back, otherwise always staying in my room and not talking or keeping contact with anyone for over a year now. I decided to talk with Adam (aqualung8705) to see how he is doing. He always gets right back to me, but he did not this time. He has not been on Facebook or City Data since October 7, 2018. I called St Joseph where he has been for the last 3 years. When I asked for Adam, they said "He is no longer with us." So I asked what happened, and they would not give me any more info because they told me they cannot legally. To me, that means he has died. If you are up there brother, looking down, I am thinking about you. You will be greatly missed.

RIP

Sorry about your depression, LVD. Seek whatever help you can find. I am one who grew up with Group Health insurance that my parents had in the Seattle area. I went to the doctor, and I'm not one who decides to try and help himself out of everything. I'll accept help from doctors and nurses and friends.

As to aqualung, I'm also working a medical job. I have been for the last 13 years, and, I agree with NLVgal, aqualung is dead. He was trached and he relied on breathing machines to help him breathe, like CPAP. He occasionally had close calls with death, and didn't try to hide it.

RIP aqulaung

Old 01-08-2019, 08:47 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
If anyone knows Aqualung's full name, we can try to find an obituary

Old 01-08-2019, 12:13 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
If anyone knows Aqualung's full name, we can try to find an obituary
There won’t be one. Somebody has to pay to put an obituary in the local news rag. Just change his status to “ Eternal Member” like Buzz, please.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
There won’t be one. Somebody has to pay to put an obituary in the local news rag. Just change his status to “ Eternal Member” like Buzz, please.
They need something "official" like an obituary to do that.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:22 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
They need something "official" like an obituary to do that.
Oh, the site does? Well he ain’t getting it. Buzz was a prominent community member and former local news anchor. Of course he got an obituary. Aqualung was a broken soul who eventually resorted to street performing. He survived colon cancer for many years, and colon cancer is one of the worst. Mad Man of Bethesda visited him and brought him cigars the first time he was dealing with it.

He was grateful for the caretakers at St. Joseph’s where he spent his remaining years. He enjoyed any visitors he got. We have a picture of him in a Santa hat, and one of me smooching his cheek on Fremont.

I can’t remember what he did for a living earlier in his life, but I remember being impressed. Military or something.

Now, there is his obituary. If *** doesn’t like it- take it up with me.

Interesting that the lead mod’s name is now censored.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:05 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Because of severe depression, I just go to work and back, otherwise always staying in my room and not talking or keeping contact with anyone for over a year now. I decided to talk with Adam (aqualung8705) to see how he is doing. He always gets right back to me, but he did not this time. He has not been on Facebook or City Data since October 7, 2018. I called St Joseph where he has been for the last 3 years. When I asked for Adam, they said "He is no longer with us." So I asked what happened, and they would not give me any more info because they told me they cannot legally. To me, that means he has died. If you are up there brother, looking down, I am thinking about you. You will be greatly missed.

RIP
Don't be fooled by happy people! Happiness is a cover-up for unhappiness!

Old 01-09-2019, 06:28 AM

Aren't death records public? Even if there is no official obit, I would think it would still be possible to fidn out if someone has died.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:47 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
Don't be fooled by happy people! Happiness is a cover-up for unhappiness!

According to the late John Lennon, happiness is a warm gun.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:00 PM

117 posts, read 145,999 times
Omg -- so sorry to hear about Aqualung.

Late last year I was in contact w/him after I saw a post of his about authors/books, etc.

I contacted him and sent him a Barnes & Noble gift certificate for Christmas (2017).

I have his last name. If you want, please DM. I googled and really found nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas