Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 10:54 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times

Advertisements

I would be leery of buying pizza from a Chicago chain that opened up a chain here. I will always refer to Chicago as the pizza capital of the U.S., have eaten pizza there a number of times and nothing seems to compare to it. And what's the secret?

Someone opened up a branch of a famous New York restaurant in L.A., one time, and he couldn't figure out why he couldn't achieve the taste of his restaurant in NYC, and the solution rested with the water. So when he started to import water from NYC into his cooking, he was able to duplicate the taste. Anytime when in NYC, I found the tap water to be the best-tasting water anywhere, it comes south from the Adirondack Mountains.

When I was last in Milwaukee, bringing my mother along, to visit relatives, my cousin asked one morning, where we would eat that night, and I said Gino's East in Chicago. Yes, we drove the 75-80 miles to Chicago for dinner. My mother remarked that she had never eaten better pizza anywhere, the cheese that melted in your mouth.

When Oprah was in Chicago, she'd order up to 20 pizza's from Gino's East to be delivered if she was staging a get together. It's that good!

I've eaten at other Chicago pizzeria's but Gino's has always been my favorite, as there's both a Gino's East and Gino's West.

$36 for a pizza?

Old 08-08-2017, 12:52 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
If I wasn't renting I would be burning down this house.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:10 AM

Lots of luck burning a house down in Mexico, as they build all their houses, apartment buildings, motels out of concrete! Our wood frame developers are unwanted in Mexico!

Old 08-08-2017, 01:08 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
If I wasn't renting I would be burning down this house.

I have a lot of those around my yard. I always try to catch and release bugs that get inside, but no mercy for black widows, scorpions, or those big nasty roaches. The 2 first ones can potentially hurt me or my animals, the last is just NASTY!

Old 08-08-2017, 03:41 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,679,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I would be leery of buying pizza from a Chicago chain that opened up a chain here. I will always refer to Chicago as the pizza capital of the U.S., have eaten pizza there a number of times and nothing seems to compare to it. And what's the secret?

Someone opened up a branch of a famous New York restaurant in L.A., one time, and he couldn't figure out why he couldn't achieve the taste of his restaurant in NYC, and the solution rested with the water. So when he started to import water from NYC into his cooking, he was able to duplicate the taste. Anytime when in NYC, I found the tap water to be the best-tasting water anywhere, it comes south from the Adirondack Mountains.

When I was last in Milwaukee, bringing my mother along, to visit relatives, my cousin asked one morning, where we would eat that night, and I said Gino's East in Chicago. Yes, we drove the 75-80 miles to Chicago for dinner. My mother remarked that she had never eaten better pizza anywhere, the cheese that melted in your mouth.

When Oprah was in Chicago, she'd order up to 20 pizza's from Gino's East to be delivered if she was staging a get together. It's that good!

I've eaten at other Chicago pizzeria's but Gino's has always been my favorite, as there's both a Gino's East and Gino's West.

$36 for a pizza?
I have had pizza at Gino's. Damn. Good. Pizza!

Old 08-09-2017, 02:07 PM

4 posts, read 3,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I have had pizza at Gino's. Damn. Good. Pizza!
I actually don't care for Gino's that much; prefer Lou Malnati's by far.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:36 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
I don't get the fascination with pizza, period, from Chicago or anywhere.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:18 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,490,111 times
Papa John's Chicken Barbecue pizza and a Seahawk's NFL football game and you'll all be in like Flint.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:21 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,679,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
You have my sympathy.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
What changes all that is stumbling across the "Real McCoy", and then there's no turning back.

I was in Alaska with my mother and we had a plate of deep fried halibut and fries. I have never tasted halibut like that before and I immediately ordered another plate, knowing full-well I might never have this opportunity again, halibut fresh out of the ocean. Haven't eaten halibut since!

The nurses sometimes bring pizza's to work to share, and I don't even give Pizza Hut or Domino's a 2nd look, or Napoli's. In Grand Junction, 2 months ago, there was a Papa John's near the hotel and, having never tried it, I ordered one, took it to my room, and took one bite and gave the rest to my roommate and I dashed out in the car to a McDonald's. The only pizza that someone brought into work one night was from Sofia's, and that was the best pizza of the bunch, but it's too far from my house, and I'm the laziest when it comes to driving a car, restricting myself to a one mile radius of my house.

Spent too many years living an urban lifestyle in downtown Minneapolis without a car.

I'm just thankful, in some ways, I have no access to the "Real McCoy" pizza of Chicago, or I'd be 100 more pounds overweight!

Like chocolate, if it isn't Lindt, then you eat it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas