Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2017, 01:17 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,663,267 times

Advertisements

The Social Services office helped me with my SSI. On a sad note, my roommate passed away today. He had a tracheotomy, and couldn't talk at all. He's in a better place now.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:57 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
I'm so sorry about your neighbor, aqualung. You're right, he is out of pain and actually he is asleep now.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:16 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Another lazy, no-hands-on-the-steering-wheel 2 day trip to exciting L.A.! And for being really lazy, I discovered a treasure of a motel in Thai Town (East Hollywood), just 1/2 block from a Metro subway stop, with a Ralph's Grocery store on the corner, which makes some of the best fried chicken!

Coral Sands Motel, an older 70YO motel, built in a square, with aisle balconies, Jacuzzi, pool, and beautiful vegetation with chairs to sit in, to share a bottle of wine with my roommate, and have a smoke or 2, all for $107.62 with 2 full-size beds, fridj, microwave. My new "home" in L.A., as the Royal Pagoda Motel in Chinatown has gotten too pricey! The majority of the guests at Coral Sands were Europeans, as they know a good bargain when they see one!

Visited the Japanese American Museum in Little Tokyo (upper floor devoted to the 3 year period of our interning the Japanese during WWII). Next door is the David Geffen Contemporary Art Museum and the current exhibit is too strange for words, and dimly lit where you need a flashlight to navigate. A skeleton in a coffin submerged in a white gel, racks of beef in a cooler...... I'm very open-minded to experimental modern art, but I couldn't connect with this one, and left after 20 minutes and then went to MOCA on Bunker Hill. An artist there had put a plaster Statue of Liberty on its side, protruding from a wall, signifying our lost liberty! And the exhibit with hundreds of screws into mannequins, was glad that was still there. Art at it's gruesome best!

Grand Central Market, Santa Monica, seeing the stars on the sidewalks on Hollywood Blvd. Ran into a heavyset homeless man lying down next to a bus shelter @ Hollywood Blvd/Highland, and then, suddenly, he stood up, his pants dropped down, and relocated about 20 feet further down the sidewalk, with his bare butt exposed to everyone. Across the street a homeless man asked me for a cigarette, but he quickly threw it on the sidewalk claiming it was poison. I offered to buy him a hamburger at McDonald's, on the corner, but he said all the food in Hollywood was poisoned. Can I buy you a bottle of water? No, the water is poisoned as well!

Love the Last bookstore on 5th/Spring, where I could spend 2 whole days, 2 full floors of used books. That's how I spell H-e-a-v-e-n!!! We do have one nice bookstore here in Vegas @ Sunset/Pecos, but it doesn't compare to the one in L.A.

They're Manhattanizing downtown L.A. like crazy, there must be a dozen high rise cranes in the air, but what choice do the developers have, with the west side over-populated with anti-development, anti-density Nimby's. No high rise has risen in Santa Monica since 1970!

Old 11-18-2017, 08:52 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,679,616 times
Welcome to CD.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:48 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
It's a beautiful day. Happy Thanksgiving, you bunch of freaks and geeks!

Old 11-23-2017, 11:00 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,663,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
It's a beautiful day. Happy Thanksgiving, you bunch of freaks and geeks!
Happy Thanksgiving to you, NVLgal. I'm looking forward to the Thanksgiving lunch today. I'm happy to be back on real food again. They had me on baby food (puree) for awhile.

My Facebook account got hacked. I've been on it for 10 years and had 1,510 friends on it. I'm having a lot of fun trying to get back on. It's even a b**ch with my alternate email address.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to you, NVLgal. I'm looking forward to the Thanksgiving lunch today. I'm happy to be back on real food again. They had me on baby food (puree) for awhile.

My Facebook account got hacked. I've been on it for 10 years and had 1,510 friends on it. I'm having a lot of fun trying to get back on. It's even a b**ch with my alternate email address.
Mine got hacked too. I got back in though. I'm looking forward to some food myself.

I just met my new neighbors tonight. An absolutely charming gay couple in their sixties. Offered to bring me home made soup because I'm sick.

They have their place decked out for the holidays. It looks so nice.
I've been living out of boxes. I should probably be in a hospital on an IV right now, but trying to power through.

I will come and visit you when I am well.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:05 AM

aqualung and NLVgal - hello out there in cyberland. NLVgal - why, might I ask and answer me only if you're comfortable answering me, are you needing to be in a hospital on an IV? Hope you're doing better than that now.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
aqualung and NLVgal - hello out there in cyberland. NLVgal - why, might I ask and answer me only if you're comfortable answering me, are you needing to be in a hospital on an IV? Hope you're doing better than that now.
Sinus infection went systemic. Lungs, ears, gut UTI. Unfortunately the antibiotic they gave me ( which is used to treat Anthrax, and isn't simple Cipro that I asked for ) weakened my system. It made me so sick that now I've gone about 20 days living on juice because I can't keep solid food down. It also didn't work because the infection is back with a vengeance. I took the full course, but it didn't knock this sucker out. I said I should be on an IV because I am severely dehydrated. Sometimes I can't keep water down.

Thanks for your concern, Elk. It's good to see you pop up on the board.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:53 AM

Sinus infection went systemic. Lungs, ears, gut UTI. Unfortunately the antibiotic they gave me ( which is used to treat Anthrax, and isn't simple Cipro that I asked for ) weakened my system. It made me so sick that now I've gone about 20 days living on juice because I can't keep solid food down. It also didn't work because the infection is back with a vengeance. I took the full course, but it didn't knock this sucker out. I said I should be on an IV because I am severely dehydrated. Sometimes I can't keep water down.

Thanks for your concern, Elk. It's good to see you pop up on the board.

Sending you multiple cyber-hugs from the great Pacific Northwest, then! Get better soon.

My wife and I are cold up here on the north shore of Lake Chelan, WA. We're thinking the desert SW again. Maybe Lost Wages, who knows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas