Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2011, 06:55 AM

208 posts, read 350,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

I made an $800 sale at my Nat'l Business Supply yesterday and could have a major hospital account in the coming weeks. We'll see
Thats great Davie, and just wanted to reiterate what jfkIII said...there is insane money to be made in sales if your good at it. You can even sell stupid stuff and make great money. Get some experience and then start looking around. I have a friend whos son (a 40 yr old college grad) sells paper for a living, my first thought was "what a waste of an education". I met the kid a couple years later and he makes between 250k-300K a year selling paper...plain, white, friggin paper. Now if it was something important like toilet paper maybe I could see it

Old 01-12-2011, 08:29 AM

487 posts, read 747,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
IMO, he's as much an arbitrary symbol as the congresswoman, who became the sacrifical lamb.

The clock was ticking ever more loudly for something like this to happen, some place, somewhere.

The collective subconsciousness of mankind will do it every time!
....and unfortunately it will happen again and again

Old 01-12-2011, 05:02 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,509,301 times
I'm no Sarah Palin/Tea Party supporter..but this is "dead on ba11s accurate!" (sorry for the pun)

The Difference Between Surveyor Symbols and Crosshairs - Big Journalism

People need to start thinking for themselves...and not what the media tells us to. This "Blood Libel" thing is another example...it is not something to make a big deal about. Even Jewish people have come out saying it's context has changed over time to mean false accusations. So silly. Fanatic Jounalism should be banned. I like the old days...like when Buzz was in it. Journalism seemed so much more respectable (and responsible) back then.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:27 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,491,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I'm no Sarah Palin/Tea Party supporter..but this is "dead on ba11s accurate!" (sorry for the pun)

The Difference Between Surveyor Symbols and Crosshairs - Big Journalism

People need to start thinking for themselves...and not what the media tells us to. This "Blood Libel" thing is another example...it is not something to make a big deal about. Even Jewish people have come out saying it's context has changed over time to mean false accusations. So silly. Fanatic Jounalism should be banned. I like the old days...like when Buzz was in it. Journalism seemed so much more respectable (and responsible) back then.
So did our elected representatives and prospective candidates. And frankly, so did our citizenry.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:55 PM

487 posts, read 747,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
So did our elected representatives and prospective candidates. And frankly, so did our citizenry.
Progress, my friend, Progress......

Old 01-13-2011, 10:10 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,246,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Fanatic Jounalism should be banned.
It starts with us. When will we stop conceding control to others?

When we make a conscious decision to stop self-indoctrinating ourselves with the highly charged messages we want to hear, then perhaps we can return to civil dialog and cure the political jaundice. The electorate is brainwashed into believing that if you are a centrist, who thinks for themself, you're more likely to be run over.

Ask 10 news hounds who protray themselves as informed, politically-aware people who their state representatives are. You shouldn't be surprised at their answers.

I think that a great deal of people are addicted to the discourse much like we root for the home team. I think that people who don't participate in the process, because of their opposition to discourse, for whatever reason, have been effectively disenfranchised through apathy and weapons of mass distraction.

We are pretty easy to manipulate that way and its not going to stop anytime soon.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:14 PM

762 posts, read 1,563,110 times
I have heard about lack of good DR's in this town and I do believe I have experienced this first hand.
More than once, yesterday they took xrays of the wrong knee! Good thing it was not a surgery. Getting to the drs is no easy task for me and I am pissed I have to do it all over. I should have never left the room. (this was for my husband who cannot talk)

Old 01-13-2011, 02:21 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,570,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
I have heard about lack of good DR's in this town and I do believe I have experienced this first hand.
More than once, yesterday they took xrays of the wrong knee! Good thing it was not a surgery. Getting to the drs is no easy task for me and I am pissed I have to do it all over. I should have never left the room. (this was for my husband who cannot talk)
My first doctor after moving here gave me medication for something she thought I had. Later she said I didn't have it and couldn't remember prescribing it to me. Needless to say, I was out of there. I put VERY little faith in doctors. I avoid them like the plague unless I am in desperate need for surgery. Otherwise, medicinally, they are already bought out by pharmaceutical reps and trained to just prescribe, prescribe, prescribe. Once again the mighty $ prevails.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:02 PM

762 posts, read 1,563,110 times
I threw my medicine out the door 100% my friends, my husbands dr, my family say I should take anti depressants because of what I am going thru. no thanks
Walking my dog, swimming, talking to friends etc will do more than anti depressants.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:20 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,255,419 times
You might want to try kava kava since it will calm you without adverse health effects. I started taking it recently and am pleased with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas