Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 05:33 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,572,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
All he is putting you through? LOL...dude kids make noise like that. Try switching to a top floor. I think it's a real jerky move to report him when you are angry about noise. How about moving to a different floor? That's part of apartment living. Plus I bet you are going to get a lot more than you bargained for if you turn them in...just sayin'!
Yes, kids make noise but we don't know to the extent of the noise. I've had a couple really noisy obnoxious neighbors in the past and it's no joke. Since the guy has already told LVD he doesn't give a F*** it's pretty indicative that it's probably a mad house up there. Kids or not, you're entitled to a certain level of peace and absence of noise pollution.

If it was me LVD, I wouldn't waste a moment to make my intentions clear to the guy and if he still had the same attitude it would be in the order of apartment management first, police second and possibly CPS last. You can't live in fear. Then again, if the kids are only there for a bit and it's a fluke I would probably wait a few days.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:53 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,264,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Yes, kids make noise but we don't know to the extent of the noise. I've had a couple really noisy obnoxious neighbors in the past and it's no joke. Since the guy has already told LVD he doesn't give a F*** it's pretty indicative that it's probably a mad house up there. Kids or not, you're entitled to a certain level of peace and absence of noise pollution.

If it was me LVD, I wouldn't waste a moment to make my intentions clear to the guy and if he still had the same attitude it would be in the order of apartment management first, police second and possibly CPS last. You can't live in fear. Then again, if the kids are only there for a bit and it's a fluke I would probably wait a few days.
The noise is severe. I would say it is equal to someone banging on your front door. These apartments have very thin walls with no noise insulation. I had to crank up my computer speakers playing rain music, turn down the ac to 72 degrees, cover my head with multiple blankets AND overdose on sleeping pills to sleep. This is not good.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:58 PM

135 posts, read 439,044 times
Just my two cents, because we had a similar problem before we moved out here, our nextdoor neighors grandkids bounced off the sofa so bad our interior walls literally shook and we could feel the vibrations through the wall - our upstairs neighbor used to create a noise that sounded like she was dropping weights. My husband tried to talk to the grandkids father and his answer was "kids make noise" - If we hadn't been moving to LV anyway we would have approached the complex's management and asked them to at least ensure that the noise and running around stopped after a reasonable hour - say 10pm. - Everyone should be able to get a decent nights sleep for goodness sake.

Just my opinion.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:45 PM

102 posts, read 275,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Besides...a "craps" table would probably be more their style.
Depends......

Old 09-23-2011, 09:09 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,166,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
Von, I'm finding some of your ideas on this apartment complex a tad schizophrenic.
LOL. They are just ideas that's all. Even though some of them come from suggestions of the tenants.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:18 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,166,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
This would be perfect if I had high speed out here. I only get the high speed broadband with official government websites. Everything els is blocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Usually here but for some reason it doesn't look like it's working and all the cams say 'undefined'

Watch Traffic Cameras (Official City of Las Vegas Web Site)
I hope this is up and running when I return. Would love to be able to wake up and look at real time traffic to determine my route to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I know RTC's website has them

However most are along freeways
RTC - FAST - Traffic Cameras
Damn thats a lot of cameras. This deployment will get interesting.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:16 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,590,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Unfortunately I live in a tower so there are many floors. I will have to make a decision soon, but I am honestly worried about retaliation. This is a very bad situation since I can not afford to move.
A tower? Oh no lvd, youre not on royal crest are you?

Old 09-24-2011, 05:33 PM

you know lvd I have a similar issue with my upstairs neighbors. they are constantly coming and going day and night they smoke weed they are you a lot and I'm pretty sure the boyfriend beats the little dog. multiple complaints to management nothing has been done

Old 09-24-2011, 05:33 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,422,649 times
There is a highrise tower of low rent apts in Las Vegas?

Old 09-24-2011, 05:38 PM

I wanted to keep this quiet but since were talking about troubled apartment complexes I might as well mention it. last thursday night I was out walking in my apartment complex and I got kidnapped by a strung out heroin addict

he pulled me into his apartment and accused me of knocking on his windows and it scared his strung out girlfriend. he took away my phone and threw it against the wall shattering it and then punched me in the face several times because he said I was lying

he even went so far as threatening to kill me if I didn't 'tell the truth' a friend of his who is in the apartment and completely gone on heroine convinced him to let me leave

I call the police and he was arrested. you know when I lived off the twain and swenson I never had a problem and now I move to centennial thinking it safe and I get beat up by somebody
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas