Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 02:08 PM

317 posts, read 833,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzybrit View Post
I applied for cocktails and went today to take my drug test 6/29/2009. I am curious when the backround check starts...Is it after the drug test comes back negative? Or do they do it before the hair test?
Hello SnazzyBrit,
I also applied for cocktails and had my drug test last week, we were told that now you have to sit and wait, from my understanding they are saying that were still candidates regardless of getting call to take the drug test. I thought they did a background test before the drug test, but not really sure. Well GOOD LUCK TO YOU, and hope we both get the call or email with a job offer! By the way did your status change on your application website?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
From what I understood, everyone is on a point scale. So if a whole bunch pass thedrug test the top batch (highest scores) get the job. It seems the reason I didn't get hired for a store mgr was that there r only 6 stores at this time. Take 3 out (womens stores) so there were several thousand applicants for the 3 stores. I should have tried for food and beverage where there r several openings
Hello Airics,
Just wondering are you considering to reapply for something in food and beverages department at city center?

Old 06-29-2009, 08:04 PM

6 posts, read 51,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
Hello Everyone,
I was just reading some of the blogs about the hiring Process at city center. Well I did have my screening interview in March, and got invited back for a second interview in April. Today about 15 min ago I got a call back to come in to take a drug test tomorrow. Now some are staying taking the drug test is not a quarantee, but does'nt it cost money for a company to do a drug test on individuals? If anyone whose already taken the drug test for city center were you offered the position, and how long did it take them to notify you if you were? Thanks hope to hear from someone soon
butterfly69, what does your last name start with? Maybe they are going in alphabetical order for calling people. This way people won't get worried if they aren't called yet.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinexpress View Post
butterfly69, what does your last name start with? Maybe they are going in alphabetical order for calling people. This way people won't get worried if they aren't called yet.
Dont think it matters what anyone's first name start with, did you read the other bloggers who also got call back for drug test. Like I said knowone is hired yet, their just calling people to move along in the hiring process

Old 06-29-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Dont think it matters what anyone's first name start with, did you read the other bloggers who also got call back for drug test. Like I said knowone is hired yet, their just calling people to move along in the hiring process
Well is your real name Calvin? What is your last name? Maybe we all (other bloggers) should check to see if your really a food and beverage supervisor at city center

Old 06-29-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Well is your real name Calvin? What is your last name? Maybe we all (other bloggers) should check to see if your really a food and beverage supervisor at city center
I also stated that if a certain job is still posted as open, people who applied for that particular job is not going to recieve a call until the department closes it. All the positions that people are getting call for are no longer posted.....if your app is still ACTIVE your in good standing. For someone who works for the company it seems like you don't know much about the process

Old 06-30-2009, 01:09 AM

47 posts, read 122,382 times
Quote:
I also stated that if a certain job is still posted as open, people who applied for that particular job is not going to recieve a call until the department closes it. All the positions that people are getting call for are no longer posted.....if your app is still ACTIVE your in good standing. For someone who works for the company it seems like you don't know much about the process
After I took my drug test it changed my status to "OPEN"

Old 06-30-2009, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,821 times
Hi guys, i just wanna know coz i applied 6/10 and had interview 6/16 as spa guest attendant and im still waiting for another interview...is there anybody here same as schedule as mine and also if u guys got department interview ? thnx

Old 06-30-2009, 03:28 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
What does the website say? If it says inactive you didn't get the job

Old 07-01-2009, 03:33 AM

57 posts, read 152,413 times
Quote:
Hi Butterfly69

The job that I applied for (JG Steakhouse gourmet server)says, Job Status - OPEN but is no longer available on the job search engine. ANd my application status is ACTIVE. Does the cocktail position job status on your account say, CLOSED because it's also not showing on the job search engine at ARIA. I am so close to withdrawing my application and applying for another restaurant that's less competative especially when I read about people getting their drug tests done already. But I'm just holding on a little longer because the CIty center people keeps assuring me that being on ACTIVE Status is a good thing.

Some people posted on othe websited that they've gotten a job offer as a server in Julian Serrano which I'm skeptical about because no one should get a job offer til August or September, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas