Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 02:05 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
city-data is outdated, just like your information...
You wish. I haven't even been gone from that city for a year yet... so I don't think the whole demographics has shifted that fast. But olecapt also said the information from CNN was wrong. It's funny how you guys when presented with information just say "no, it's wrong." Too funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 02:39 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
You wish. I haven't even been gone from that city for a year yet... so I don't think the whole demographics has shifted that fast. But olecapt also said the information from CNN was wrong. It's funny how you guys when presented with information just say "no, it's wrong." Too funny.
You argument is inane. I provided primary sources for both numbers. The City data number is simply wrong. The CNN numbers are simply misleading. They turn minor differences into large discrepancies and fail to provide the context that makes it possible to deal with the crime numbers.

Get over it RWF. There is no substantial difference between NLV and GV if you compare equivalent socio-economic areas. The north of NLV is the same as the equivalent areas of Henderson...and no amount of bigotry is going to change that.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:50 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
I put the uninformed RWF on ignore. It's really aggravating beating a dead rug over something she knew nothing about. She has to have the last word, that's her problem. Maybe some growing up with more life experience is what she needs.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:59 PM

I post information and cite sources. I post what my opinions are. I come to these boards and give a mix of opinion and fact. You don't have to like it or agree with and are welcome to ignore me. What's inane is to constantly get upset or feel threatened every time I happen to write something that differs with your own thoughts, feelings and links you can locate. It's wasted energy.

How about this... someone posts a question... You state your thoughts in reply. I state my thoughts in reply. We move on. It's that simple. We both have different things to say because the world is subjective, we see it through different eyes. Stop trying to change that and just learn to respect it. I have no ill feelings that I don't agree with what you say. I find it to be wrong, misleading and overly optimistic about a city. But I don't try to get you to stop posting your thoughts. I encourage you to, I think you should! I think anyone interested in moving there should here ALL sides and then make a decision. Live and let live...

Old 06-03-2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
I post information and cite sources. I post what my opinions are. I come to these boards and give a mix of opinion and fact. You don't have to like it or agree with and are welcome to ignore me. What's inane is to constantly get upset or feel threatened every time I happen to write something that differs with your own thoughts, feelings and links you can locate. It's wasted energy.

How about this... someone posts a question... You state your thoughts in reply. I state my thoughts in reply. We move on. It's that simple. We both have different things to say because the world is subjective, we see it through different eyes. Stop trying to change that and just learn to respect it. I have no ill feelings that I don't agree with what you say. I find it to be wrong, misleading and overly optimistic about a city. But I don't try to get you to stop posting your thoughts. I encourage you to, I think you should! I think anyone interested in moving there should here ALL sides and then make a decision. Live and let live...
So you suggest we support bigotry and xenoplobia because it is you opinion?

I suppose if you think it OK to torture puppies to death we should not argue becuase it is your opinon.

Sorry RWF...bigotry is bigotry and should be opposed on any and all occassions.

And facts are facts. I never argue when you are spouting truth...we often agree. But when your facts are wrong you are going to get called on it.

Get your personal biases out of the discussion and it will go a lot better. You don't have to like brown or black people. But you will not find it possible to openly pursue these abhorent views without strong oppositon.

Sorry kid...if you can't stand the heat in the kitchen don't cook.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:04 PM

Olcapt once again you are squirming and changing the direction of the conversation. You were the first to post anything about race in this thread. I posted on demographics and the crime index. You tried to refute that you were unsuccessful in doing so. It's funny you bring up personal bias when you try to merely sell everyone on the city. You are not honest and accurate in what you tell people.

People will hear both sides (and need to). Let THEM be the judge... I am not going to argue this with you anymore in this thread, we've been down this road before. But I will keep responding to original posters who are looking for real information. Don't read it if it bothers you. I am more than happy to back up my information (and I always do). But others are not willing to read or accept it... that's your problem, not mine.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Olcapt once again you are squirming and changing the direction of the conversation. You were the first to post anything about race in this thread. I posted on demographics and the crime index. You tried to refute that you were unsuccessful in doing so. It's funny you bring up personal bias when you try to merely sell everyone on the city. You are not honest and accurate in what you tell people.
Hey you are right in there kiddo...I qoute only the US census bureau and the DofJ FBI...whadda they know!

Your posts are openly bigotted. We hope you don't really believe that...

Quote:
People will hear both sides (and need to). Let THEM be the judge... I am not going to argue this with you anymore in this thread, we've been down this road before. But I will keep responding to original posters who are looking for real information. Don't read it if it bothers you. I am more than happy to back up my information (and I always do). But others are not willing to read or accept it... that's your problem, not mine.
Your sources are picked because they support your Views. You deny the primary sources because they don't. You don't directly lie RWF...you simply pick sources that do...

But we will continue to contribute to these Vegas threads and pont out the open bigotry when it happens.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:24 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times
RWF, doesn't demographics have to do with race?, so you did bring it up first...plus you have the nerve to tell a diverse family that a neighborhood is too diverse for them....

Old 06-04-2007, 04:54 PM

137 posts, read 818,632 times
Quote:

OMG....... I for one am tired of hearing this opinion.....not because you shouldn't have one but because you never let up.....you seem to have a constant hatred for Las Vegas......I mean, was there nothing you liked about Las Vegas when you lived there for 10 years other than UNLV...... and we alllllllll know that Summerlin and Green Valley are the only places to live in Vegas. But other than that was there anything else that was good during the 10 years that you spent there?

Yes everyone should be informed, but just about everyone can look up statistics, and crime rates, and school stats and maybe all you need to do is point them in the right direction (google it). It really isn't necessary to beat a dead horse over and over again just to prove a point.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:14 PM

Sure, there were some things I liked and if you read all my posts instead of just cherry picking them then you see that.

Yes, people can look up those statistics on their own. But oddly enough they don't, they come to message boards like this and ask other people for the info.

You keep putting your info out there and I'll keep putting mine out there. The original poster will see both sides and come to their own conclusions. Keep in mind that I'm not posting it for you (or for olcapt) I'm posting it for those that answer the questions to begin with. It's silly for you to go through looking to read my responses and try to pick them apart. Answer the guys (or gals) question and move on.

Last edited by RedWingsFan; 06-04-2007 at 07:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas