Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 05:09 PM

327 posts, read 320,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
How are Mexicans coming to this country living off of Americans for free? Everyone I've ever seen is working and I've lived in Florida where there are a lot of them. Not one was hanging out doing nothing. Can't say the same for a lot of Americans. Saw a lot of Mexicans picking in the fields then taking their paycheck and buying American goods. Very friendly, polite people.
To name a few

Wic
food stamps
medical treatment
public schools
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 05:55 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,340,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
To name a few

Wic
food stamps
medical treatment
public schools

If they are illegal, they don't get WIC or Food Stamps. Everybody in the U.S. gets healthcare that's why we need a system that offers Universal Healthcare so we can control costs. Working illegals who are paying rent are paying property taxes through their landlords and they are paying for public schools. Illegals are also paying sales taxes, fuel taxes and other taxes for which they will never benefit but you will.

Us Americans in Mexico can sign up for Seguro Publico and get free healthcare or for $300 a year, we can get Mexican Medicare called IMSS and it pays 100% of all care including all medicines, unlike US Medicare that has deductibles.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
To name a few

Wic
food stamps
medical treatment
public schools
By the way, thousands of illegals are leaving the U.S. every month and returning to Mexico because the unemployment rate in Mexico is about 5%.

Mexico needs to worry about keeping the illegal Americans out. The worm has turned.

The illegals you see now are from Central America, not Mexico.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:44 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Mexico is the third world

The United States is developed with a high average wage and long life expectancy

Old 11-17-2011, 06:46 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
By the way, thousands of illegals are leaving the U.S. every month and returning to Mexico because the unemployment rate in Mexico is about 5%.

Mexico needs to worry about keeping the illegal Americans out. The worm has turned.

The illegals you see now are from Central America, not Mexico.
Unemployment rates mean nothing.

The unemployment rate in Sweden is 8%, but 5% in Sri Lanka. Are you telling me Swedish people will flock to Sri Lanka in their thousands?

Great logic there.. not.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:30 PM

625 posts, read 1,389,446 times
What I love is when I hear the same person say "those Mexicans don't work and come here and live for free!" and "those Mexicans took our jobs ..." Wow, we must really have a poor work ethic if people who come here to mooch off the system are taking our jobs ...

Old 11-17-2011, 07:32 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post

The unemployment rate in Sweden is 8%, but 5% in Sri Lanka. Are you telling me Swedish people will flock to Sri Lanka in their thousands?

Great logic there.. not.
Sweden doesn't endorse the Bachmann Doctrine of "let them die". The civilized Swedish people, collectively, assure that their citizens do not simply starve or freeze to death when there are not enough jobs for them. So, no, unemployed Swedes do not flee their country.

Swedes learned from their farmers centuries ago that it is prudent to continue to feed your horse, even between plowing seasons. Bachmann "lets them die".

Old 11-17-2011, 07:33 PM

625 posts, read 1,389,446 times
Quote:
Mexico is the third world country
Mexico is actually a "middle-income" economy with a GDP per capita above the world average.

I heard the worst parts of Mexico are near the US border and adjacent to resort towns. There are plenty of good middle-class locales, cities with modern subway systems, etc.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:38 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Why are there so many Mexicans coming to the United States to work? I'm not trying to offend anyone here, so please don't take my question the wrong way. I'm just curious. Is it the exchange rate?

Thanks.
This is really about immigration, so I will move this thread to that forum.

Rich

Old 11-18-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post

Great logic there.. not.
Gee, I guess you're right, Sri Lanka and Sweden are so close together, almost bordering, you gave an excellent example: Distance from Sri Lanka to Sweden

There are only 7742.03 KM or 4810.67 Miles between them. Hardly any travel time at all. Just about as close as the U.S. and Mexico are together.

The real unemployment in the U.S. is close to 20%. Real unemployment in Mexico is 5%. Why would illegal Mexicans stay in the U.S. where they can't find employment when they can legally move back home and work without the hatred and racism in the U.S. and threats of deportation?

Quote:
dunno what to put here: Mexico is the third world

The United States is developed with a high average wage and long life expectancy
Mexico is not a Third World country. It's amazing that the people who make that assumption and bash Mexico, are the people who have never been to Mexico. The life expectancy in Mexico is close to the U.S. expectancy and it ranks near the top of world life expectancy.

World Life Expectancy Chart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration