Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:35 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
If you make it to Little Rock, and you will - Wild Oats is there, and there's a newer specialty grocery out Hwy. 10W (Cantrell Rd.) called Fresh Market that is to DIE FOR specialty stuff...you can make your own peanut butter and they have Brazilian brown sugar with the absolute best taste I could imagine. Pricey, and well worth it.
I think Wild Oats is now Whole Foods. I am hoping they eventually remodel to make it comparable with Whole Foods in other cities. The LR location is below par even for Wild Oats. Still a great place though. I haven't been in Fresh Market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 09:12 PM

350 posts, read 1,288,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
While we're on this subject....

Would an apartment, between 400-700 square feet, 1 BR, 1 BA between 400-600 bucks a month be hard to come by around Conway? A nicer complex?
That would be pretty standard in Conway. Realize the UCA crowd occupies a lot of those apartments. There's not many "bad" complexes at all in Conway but you might have 19-year olds next door keeping you up all night.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:00 PM

13 posts, read 52,964 times
The Links is the newest apt. complex in town. Very nice and clean. A two bedroom, one bathroom is $624 monthly.

If I were house-shopping, I would only look in West Conway.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:46 PM

90 posts, read 249,932 times
I don't mean to hijack, but I'm moving to Conway this summer as well (to work at Hendrix, incidentally). Can anyone recommend child care? I will have a flexible schedule, so I don't necessarily need full time care. I found a place I liked over the phone, but someone told me it was in a sketchy area. Middle Road and E German. Should I be worried about leaving my kids there?

Old 04-14-2008, 11:23 PM

114 posts, read 572,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
While we're on this subject....

Would an apartment, between 400-700 square feet, 1 BR, 1 BA between 400-600 bucks a month be hard to come by around Conway? A nicer complex?
How cold does it get there in Conway? Thanks

Old 04-15-2008, 12:42 AM

350 posts, read 1,288,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorHart View Post
How cold does it get there in Conway? Thanks
Ever? In the very worst winter at its very coldest 20 degrees but that's rare. In general we would get 1 snow a year on average and most of winter is several degrees above freezing.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:05 PM

564 posts, read 2,341,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aporkalypse View Post
That would be pretty standard in Conway. Realize the UCA crowd occupies a lot of those apartments. There's not many "bad" complexes at all in Conway but you might have 19-year olds next door keeping you up all night.
Yeah, I thought about that. Not a good idea.

Especially since I'm becoming a middle school teacher. That's enough noise during the day, haha.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:38 PM

3 posts, read 7,596 times
You could buy a house and not have to pay much more than that. For example, a house on my street is going to be for sale soon for less than 200,000. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, great neighborhood, in-ground pool. The best time to get an apartment is in May after all the students go home for the summer.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:44 PM

3 posts, read 7,596 times
Megande, I would put my children in Meadow Lake Day care, Children's Center or Miss Carrie's. These won't be too far from Hendrix and are much better than what you are looking at. Where area are you going to live? These are on the west side of town.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:53 PM

90 posts, read 249,932 times
gobearsuca- Thanks for the input! It is really hard to find things from 500 miles away! I am not sure where we are going to live yet. We are going to rent a house until our future is a little more certain. I have heard great things about Meadowlake but they are full for the fall. I am considering the Children's Center, but I had a hard time getting anyone to talk to me there. And all of the people I talked to told me terrible things about Miss Carrie's. I'm not sure what is the deal with that center, but she seems to be infamous! Any more information you have about any of those places or any other daycare in Conway would be much appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area