Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 01:13 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,295,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
If I see the NY Post on a seat on LIRR I will read it as a laughable joke and its "weird but true" articles. How could anyone think that one sided newspaper as being liberal? Now I see what I'm dealing with.
Smash was being sarcastic IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 02:05 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Smash was being sarcastic IMO.
Yes I was. It appeared the OP was complaining about the "liberal media" in labeling this an anti- gay hate crime instead of an anti-white hate crime. I think one thing we can all agree with is while you can call the NY Post many things, liberal is not something that would come to mind when describing the Post. Yet even them were describing this as an anti-gay hate crime.

If you are trying to complain about media coverage and especially so called "liberal media" because you disagree with the portrayal of a story and you can't get the NY Post of all papers to side with you that speaks volumes.

Not to mention the whole blame the media thing for the coverage when all the media is doing is reporting exactly how the Nassau County Police Department is reporting this case is just beyond silly.

Old 10-17-2010, 02:51 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,767,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yes I was. It appeared the OP was complaining about the "liberal media" in labeling this an anti- gay hate crime instead of an anti-white hate crime. I think one thing we can all agree with is while you can call the NY Post many things, liberal is not something that would come to mind when describing the Post. Yet even them were describing this as an anti-gay hate crime.

If you are trying to complain about media coverage and especially so called "liberal media" because you disagree with the portrayal of a story and you can't get the NY Post of all papers to side with you that speaks volumes.

Not to mention the whole blame the media thing for the coverage when all the media is doing is reporting exactly how the Nassau County Police Department is reporting this case is just beyond silly.

Thank you! It's good to hear someone agrees. I happened to disagree with a few things the op believed in and before I knrw it he labeled me in several threads a "white on white" racist.

The facts are clear that it was a gay hate crime. Why bring up issues that were irrelevant to the incident?

Old 10-17-2010, 03:13 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Ahh good point, I forgot ... 'whites don't have civil rights', silly me.

The fact is though: It was black on white hate crime. The big cheese media heads decided not to reveal that the kid was white. They push the gay agenda instead, you know blame it on gay hate and leave out the part about the victim being white...kinda like the comments "Don't let a good recession go to waste". Well hell, don't let a good black on white beating go to waste.

ps- you media goons, it was 2 teens and 1 adult. 18=adult and they should all be tried as adults!
Pequaman !!! ... Damn Well said Indeed !

You can bet your sweet azzzzz that the "Looney Liberal Media" will always distort the facts in a situation such as you so accurately describe above !

Perhaps America has sadly reached the point in its history when it's citizens must absolutely enact the only logical reality that remains ...the one dealing with mandatory survival !

The crud of society has unfortunately risen to the top and it's crime and violence has practically become the ever prevelant nightmare of the majority of this nations cities and towns !

Something and or someone must most resolutely address this vastly shameful and destructive situation within our nation ... and damn soon !

Wake Up America ! ..... Time to take out the TRASH !

Tanks Y'all / Not So Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 10-17-2010, 03:21 PM

20,027 posts, read 20,826,797 times
What's funny is, with all the "PC" crap constantly shoved down our throats, how much worse society seems to be now.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
What's funny is, with all the "PC" crap constantly shoved down our throats, how much worse society seems to be now.

This may sound crazy but IMO it all happened in the late 60's when most TV shows stop showing men in suits and women started wearing blue jeans on a regular basis, as Ethel from I LOVE LUCY said, " I can't wear my blue jeans on the subway." Civil rights took center stage. Many people started gaining rights that they should have been entitiled to but those same people and many others stopped having respect for one another. Look at the 65' blackout and the one in 77'. The lost of respect for people and personal property was quite evident by 77'. It's been a downward spiral ever since.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:51 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Pequaman !!! ... Damn Well said Indeed !

You can bet your sweet azzzzz that the "Looney Liberal Media" will always distort the facts in a situation such as you so accurately describe above !

Perhaps America has sadly reached the point in its history when it's citizens must absolutely enact the only logical reality that remains ...the one dealing with mandatory survival !

The crud of society has unfortunately risen to the top and it's crime and violence has practically become the ever prevelant nightmare of the majority of this nations cities and towns !

Something and or someone must most resolutely address this vastly shameful and destructive situation within our nation ... and damn soon !

Wake Up America ! ..... Time to take out the TRASH !

Tanks Y'all / Not So Old Sgt. Lamar
Is Rubert Murdoch's NY Post part of the "liberal media"?? Is the Nassau County Police Department part of the "liberal media"?

Old 10-17-2010, 03:53 PM

20,027 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Yup. This country has been on the downward for around 40 years.
Just seems it's on a downhill rollercoaster these past few years.
I'm very afraid of what the future holds for my kids. And that sucks.
Somebody better step up to the plate and grab this country by the nuts and straighten things out before it's too late.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Is Rubert Murdoch's NY Post part of the "liberal media"?? Is the Nassau County Police Department part of the "liberal media"?

Yes, if they don't agree with their distorted views of the facts. They'd probably feel Fox news is part of the "liberal meda" if they had reported this incident.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:54 PM

15 posts, read 23,133 times
DON'T INSULT THE ANIMALS BY CALLING DISGUSTING HUMAN,BULLYING BEHAVIOR "ANIMAL".

animals have better standards of behavior
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island