Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:15 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
...bet they won't be swaggering and acting tough after about 48 hours locked up with people who don't give a damn about what 'hood or gang you're from, or how tough you THINK you are

*snerk*

Yeah. It's a [URL="http://ilike.myspacecdn.com/play#Filter:My+Long+Walk+To+Jail:136318:s2766705.1 0270659.5171539.0.2.40%2Cstd_8d4e24c8065a45268ce53 d2147e91531"]long walk to jail[/URL].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Yes, nothing funnier than the dreadful state of our prison system and how people get raped in there!
Hey, now. That only happens upstate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 05:36 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,844,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
*snerk*

Yeah. It's a long walk to jail.

Hey, now. That only happens upstate.
Nice call on the tune!

Old 10-19-2010, 09:17 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I think the OP's agenda was very clear considering he basically accused all of the media including that thing called the NY Post and the Nassau County Police Department of having some liberal agenda since they actually followed the evidence of the case and said the attack as an anti gay attack rather than anti white.
I don't think you understand the difference between "real" media and the establishment media. You are the type that believes everything they read in the paper..because if it's in a newspaper it must be true. The culprits are the big 4, abc, nbc, abc and FOX!... The fact that the media grossly mislead the public about the wars 9/11, the wars in iraq and afghanistan and a plethora of other issues, should lead one to consider them biased and "in bed" with certain political parties and the elite groups running this country.

AND How would you know if this is anti-gay hate crime and not actually something else? Were you there when they tortured the kid for 2 weeks? How would you know their motives? As others on this thread have noted, people use the gay derogatory terms in fights all the time, it doesn't mean it's a gay hate crime. What if the attackers said nothing? You fail to connect the dots there.. Because the authorities told you so. It's the sheople that believe everything they are fed by their masters that are the problem with this country. Governments lie. Media lies. What a shocker! I know you find this difficult to believe.

They must find it difficult, those that take authority as truth, instead of truth as the authority

Old 10-19-2010, 11:47 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,344,339 times
If people would just stop having children all of these problems would be solved.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:33 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I don't think you understand the difference between "real" media and the establishment media. You are the type that believes everything they read in the paper..because if it's in a newspaper it must be true. The culprits are the big 4, abc, nbc, abc and FOX!... The fact that the media grossly mislead the public about the wars 9/11, the wars in iraq and afghanistan and a plethora of other issues, should lead one to consider them biased and "in bed" with certain political parties and the elite groups running this country.

AND How would you know if this is anti-gay hate crime and not actually something else? Were you there when they tortured the kid for 2 weeks? How would you know their motives? As others on this thread have noted, people use the gay derogatory terms in fights all the time, it doesn't mean it's a gay hate crime. What if the attackers said nothing? You fail to connect the dots there.. Because the authorities told you so. It's the sheople that believe everything they are fed by their masters that are the problem with this country. Governments lie. Media lies. What a shocker! I know you find this difficult to believe.

They must find it difficult, those that take authority as truth, instead of truth as the authority

I'm not the one who started a thread based on a lie with no evidence.

I'm not the one who believes in conspiracy theory that this was some anti-white crime instead of anti- gay crime.

I'm not the one who basically labeled the NY Post part of the "liberal media".

I'm not the one who basically labeled the Nassau County Police Department as part of the "liberal media"

If you have any evidence that contradicts that this was an anti-gay hate crime, bring in to the attention of the Nassau County Police Department. If not stop making stuff up.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:06 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,446 times
it probably wasn't a gay or a white hate crime...probably just teenage jackassery...

Old 10-20-2010, 01:02 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
it probably wasn't a gay or a white hate crime...probably just teenage jackassery...
Yes, kids can be mean for no reason. I have seen kids being harassed and called "gay" when they weren't and the namecallers had no reason to "suspect" they were back in the day. But nowadays just the fact that the attackers used anti-gay hate speech (whether the victim was gay or not or whether they believed it or not) in addition to beating up on their victim means they are getting charged at yet another level.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:35 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,844,919 times
Well, gay has a completely different meaning in todays politically correct society.
It is a term for a homosexual, which you are not allowed to taunt, mock, or in any way shape or form, make fun or harass anymore or, just plain old hurt their feelings. Of course we all know the word gay has nothing to do with it's original definition anymore.

We tossed around the "g" word like it was nothing back in the day, and it really had nothing to do with it's proper definition or affiliation with homosexuals.
It was just a silly word you used with your friends when they did something stupid or questionable, or it was used when you were in some sort of altercation with somebody.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:24 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Well, gay has a completely different meaning in todays politically correct society.
It is a term for a homosexual, which you are not allowed to taunt, mock, or in any way shape or form, make fun or harass anymore or, just plain old hurt their feelings. Of course we all know the word gay has nothing to do with it's original definition anymore.

We tossed around the "g" word like it was nothing back in the day, and it really had nothing to do with it's proper definition or affiliation with homosexuals.
It was just a silly word you used with your friends when they did something stupid or questionable, or it was used when you were in some sort of altercation with somebody.
Exactly! And this is most likely how it went down and the bus driver might have heard it and it spiraled from there to the media and ncpd. If every fight or altercation that had "fa66ot" or Gay in it was a hate crime, one out of 3 fights would fall into that category.

So how this makes it an anti-gay hate crime is absurd.

Even more absurd are the people that love it when the government tells them what they are allowed to say and not say.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,446 times
I don't know what sickens me more...the beating or the over reaction....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island