Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 03:00 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He doesn't, he made it up. In fact every single media outlet including the uber conservative NY Post is classifying this as an anti-Gay bias crime. Hell the Nassau County Police is viewing this as an anti-Gay bias crime. So I guess the Nassau County Police Department is part of the "biased liberal media" as well.

Three Long Island teenagers face hate crime charges for beating up student and making comments about sexuality - NYPOST.com
If the news accounts are correct, it seems they specifically made ANTI-GAY comments to the victim, not any comments that were racial in nature. The kid they attacked could very well have been any race. It's a horrible thing they did and I am glad that they were arrested for it. Back in the day I saw my share of harassment and assault against other students in school and on school buses (including what would now be interpreted as bias crimes) and NOTHING was ever done to the perpetrators legally. Absolutely nothing. And before "someone" starts in ... I grew up in a wealthy/upper middle class almost completely white neighborhood (the very few "darker" exceptions who attended school with me had parents who were models, doctors, diplomats, veterinarians, dentists, etc.). It didn't matter. There are rotten kids in all races, religions and socioeconomic groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 03:12 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
If the news accounts are correct, it seems they specifically made ANTI-GAY comments to the victim, not any comments that were racial in nature.
So what happens if they didn't say anything?

ex- There are fight videos around the net where one fighter is calling the other "****ot" when he didn't even know the person etc..

Old 10-15-2010, 03:32 PM

939 posts, read 2,681,376 times
They are NOT animals. They are savages

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magillicuddy View Post
Why are you disparaging animals in your title? Animals are much nicer than people.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:01 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
So what happens if they didn't say anything?

ex- There are fight videos around the net where one fighter is calling the other "****ot" when he didn't even know the person etc..
If they didn't say anything then I don't think it gets classified as a bias crime. It is just plain old "assault," etc.

I don't know what "****ot" stands for so I cannot speculate.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:04 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
If they didn't say anything then I don't think it gets classified as a bias crime. It is just plain old "assault," etc.

Rhymes with baggot and is the same thing that was said to this kid when he was attacked

Regardless, fact of the matter is no evidence exists to show this kids was targeted because of race, but evidence does exist to show sexual orientation was a reason. To Pequaman or anyone who has any evidence otherwise, well instead of complaining on a message board about the so called "liberal media" perhaps you should bring that evidence to the attention to the Nassau County Police Department because they are the ones who are viewing this as a sexual orientation based biased attack. After all the "liberal media" including that uber "liberal" Murdoch rag called the Post have referred to it as a "gay based attacked" and they are basing it off what? Oh yeah a little thing called comments from those who are investigation the attacks in other words the Police....

Old 10-15-2010, 06:47 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
I'm sure our friend Al and Jesse will be along shortly to organize a march against... ohh wait, the victim wasn't black.
They'll be around to defend their(the kids)actions. They'll come up with something stupid like "self defense" because the gay little white kid threated to rape them or something totally crazy and off the wall like that.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:21 PM

513 posts, read 837,597 times
Thanks, Smash255 for sticking to the facts and using reason. I admire your patience.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:43 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:

Well, the word "******" can be, and has been associated with homosexuals. However, it has also been more widely used as a word for someone who is considered weaker than another, in a number of different ways. From the obvious physical weakness, to social & mental weakness, etc...

For example:
Neal-let's go slash some tires tonight!
Bob-nah, I don't think it's a good idea, it's not nice and we could get in trouble.
Neal- c'mon don't be a ******! it'll be fun!

Old 10-15-2010, 08:08 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
Default 4th teen arrested

fourth teenager has been accused of beating a 14-year-old boy on a school bus this week because they suspected he was gay, and three of them taunted him about it, Nassau County police said.

The latest suspect to be arrested is a 14-year-old Elmont boy whose name was not released because he was charged as a juvenile. He was charged with assault a hate crime and aggravated harassment, same as 18-year-old David Spencer of North Valley Stream and Chase Morrison, 16, of Lakeview and 16-year-old Roy Wilson of Baldwin.

4th Teen Charged in Hicksville Anti-gay Attack on Bus | Long Island Press

Old 10-16-2010, 11:16 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,769,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Three schoolmates have been charged with felony hate crime – 16-year-old Chase Morrison of Lakeview, 18-year-old David Spencer of North Valley Stream and 16-year-old Roy Wilson of Baldwin.

What's the matter kid...You don't like a little DIVERSITY in your beatings too??

Cops: 3 Teens Viciously Beat 14-Year-Old On Bus « CBS New York – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of NY

And I'm being accused of being a race-baiter. This is a whole thread geared towards a topic that has nothing to do with what actually happened. It was a gay hate crime, period and those men were savages just like any person who hurts another based on hate.

Do you guys feel this way about those men who attacked that man in Patchogue? Let me do a little archive research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island