Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:11 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,677,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockypointny View Post
Hate to say it Clamboy but i am disgusted with Broadway in Rocky Point I drove down it today and every time i get annoyed. The Downtown revitalization there is not working and more schlock businesses keep opening. Another nail salon just what we need, and thurber lumber is expanding it's business to the Avenues property. Great, more barbed wire and stacks of wood to look at. Though it would be better than the burned out hazard that exists there now. Great job RPFD cleaning that mess up. Sorry just venting because i know you are a concerned citizen. We really need to step it up a notch now that I look at the Mastic pics and the downtown pictures don't look to far off from Broadway. I still love our town, but Broadway is truly a disgrace.
Its slowly getting better...however it has come a very long way.
(It was MUCH worse 10 years ago)

I do know that theres plenty of money eyeing it.
(Its the only zoned Downtown between Port Jeff and Riverhead)

CVS/Tommys are defintely a step in the right direction so I dont think quite as bad a Neighborhood road....but its still got a long way to go.

Remember its not "They" (as in "When are they gonna do something about Broadway")driving this revitalization its "Us"
Get down to a Civic Meeting....get involved.(2nd Weds at the VFW hall)

I still like Rocky Point ...warts 'n all.

I believe our next councilman will do a kick a$$ job.
She's a neighbor too.

C

Last edited by clamboy; 09-01-2007 at 09:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 12:45 PM

991 posts, read 4,618,901 times
The other day i was at the Walmart in Middle Island, my children got hungry and I drove east into Ridge, what a beautiful area! I think it really is a diamond!

Old 09-02-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
The other day i was at the Walmart in Middle Island, my children got hungry and I drove east into Ridge, what a beautiful area! I think it really is a diamond!
I totally agree.

Its just that one part of Homestead Section 8 stuff on 25.

Other than that Ridge is a great bang for the buck town
(That Wal Mart in MI is a little bit scary in a Nascar kid of way.)
C

Old 09-02-2007, 04:38 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,934,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
I shop at that WalMart sometimes & our library is right there too, I LOVE our library. Unfortunatly Middle Island is having trouble, the Kmart closed, lots of vacant stores & people walking. Our little tiny Ridge area is cleaning up, even the "motel" which is really section 8 apartments just painted & put up a new fence. Down by my area we don't have much except florists & farm stands. I love it.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:26 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,323,539 times
It seems the garbage from Coram is working their way east into MI, I see bums and illegals walking around by the Walmart alot.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
I totally agree.

Its just that one part of Homestead Section 8 stuff on 25.

Other than that Ridge is a great bang for the buck town
(That Wal Mart in MI is a little bit scary in a Nascar kid of way.)
C
We always get a bad crowd on the bus by Smith rd which is by Strathmore.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:28 PM

I love the Panamoka area. Very wooded and piney, lots of great walking nearby right in the heart of the piney woods.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I love the Panamoka area. Very wooded and piney, lots of great walking nearby right in the heart of the piney woods.
Me too.

This weekend is the fair at the Longwood estate.

Best

C

Old 09-04-2007, 10:18 PM

240 posts, read 1,057,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Are you the guy from the News12 Forum that posts all the beautiful pictures of the Pine Barrens?

Old 10-17-2007, 07:15 AM

270 posts, read 964,700 times
where is the Strathmore complex/area in Ridge? I can't for the life of me picture where this is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island