Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 02:51 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,299,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
You are generalizing the actions of one CO to the entire jail.

And I am telling you that is a garbage way of thinking.

Not sure how much clearer I can be about this.

Also, it is not NCCF. It is NCCC--Nassau County Correctional Center. If you are going to rant, you can at least get the name of the place right.

Maybe this is why you believe Newsday so much, and quote the NY Post as a credible source. You can't even get your own basics down, so you wouldn't notice bad reporting when you saw it.

Oh, and people who have their own businesses don't have to work according to someone else's schedule. If you make enough money in 20 hours, you don't have to be a wage slave for 40.
I quoted stories about the actions of many different COs, not just one. Sorry you can't wish those stories away. They are true.

C or F ... you still know what I'm talking about and so does everyone else here. I don't pretend to be an expert on reporting. If they were so bad, they'd be out of business instead of being in business for 210 years (as per the NY Post).

Dream on! Now it's time to go give some advice to the lovelorn ...

PS: If you want to do the usual MO, get the last word/post and then go blubbering and crying for the padlock to be slapped on, just be patient. I'll be gone soon.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 11-23-2011 at 03:13 PM..

Old 11-23-2011, 03:12 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,221 times
Nope. You started a thread about one CO and went off the deep end when your "usual suspects" appeared and pointed out that you might be wrong about a few things. History repeats itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I'll be gone soon for days.
Good to hear. The LI forums are always more pleasant when you're in India training for your call center job.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Nope. You started a thread about one CO and went off the deep end when your "usual suspects" appeared and pointed out that you might be wrong about a few things. History repeats itself.

Good to hear. The LI forums are always more pleasant when you're in India training for your call center job.
Might be wrong, yet the "usual suspects" were the ones who turned out to be wrong ... and wouldn't admit it ... history repeats itself.

Enjoy the LI forums without me. I get DMs when I'm gone from other people who miss me.

Call center? Please. I actually go on vacations to other countries. You should try it sometime.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:26 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,276,064 times
Please stay on the topic without attacking each other. You may debate ideas, but please do not resort to name-calling.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 11-23-2011, 04:32 PM

Talking Here's where I make no friends.

Quote:
Might be wrong, yet the "usual suspects" were the ones who turned out to be wrong ... and wouldn't admit it ... history repeats itself.
All of you might be wrong.

She might get her pension. But she might not, for the reasons others have pointed out to you.

You, LI, are going on and on as though she without a doubt will, and that is not necessarily true.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
All of you might be wrong.

She might get her pension. But she might not, for the reasons others have pointed out to you.

You, LI, are going on and on as though she without a doubt will, and that is not necessarily true.
It is true. Kim Wolfe can start collecting her pension as early as age 55 if she so desires.

Number 1: There is absolutely NO pension forfeiture law in New York State for beneficiaries of the NYS&L Retirement System. If you commit a crime, be it against your employer (the taxpayers) or a crime unrelated to your employment, you will collect a NYS pension if you have put in enough employment time to earn it. However, they are trying to pass a law that allows forfeiture of pensions in certain circumstances:

Pension-forfeiture law talk rises again
Search Result item

The above column explains the current system and the proposed changes in very simple terms almost anyone can understand.

Some of the "usual suspects" seem to have gotten the NYS&L Retirement System mixed up with the plan serving the NYPD. The NYPD (again, a separate pension system from NYS&L beneficiaries) is different. The Police Commissioner can choose to have an officer lose his pension along with his job, but only if the officer has put in LESS THAN 20 years of service. See "Guaranteed Pension after 20 Years of Service" bill: This new law [signed by Governor Andrew Cuomo] amends the New York City Administrative Code to protect uniformed police and fire officers, with 20 or more years of service, from losing their pensions if they are fired. The exception to this protection is if the member is convicted under the laws of New York State for a felony, or the laws of another state of an offence, if committed in the State of New York, that would be a felony.

Read more: Blog: NYPD blue over indictments as union boss celebrates new law protecting pensions of fired officers

Number 2: Kim Wolfe has put in enough employment time to earn a pension. She can start collecting her pension at a reduced benefit at age 55.

With 19 years of service, she is in Tier 3.

If anyone doubts this, follow this presentation step by step ... click on "next" ... and it explains how the Tier 3 and 5 State Correction Officers and Security Hospital Treatment Assistants Plan (Article 14-CO) works:

NYSLRS – State Correction Officers and Security Hospital Treatment Assistants Plans (Article 14-CO) For Tier 3 and 5 Members

Old 11-23-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
It is true. Kim Wolfe can start collecting her pension as early as age 55 if she so desires.
You're still not getting it. She might. And she might not.

Check back in 11 years, when she's 55.

Actually, not even. She's not eligible for parole until she's 65.

Something tells me you won't have to worry about it.

Last edited by Yzette; 11-23-2011 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: parole info

Old 11-26-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
You're still not getting it. She might. And she might not.

Check back in 11 years, when she's 55.

Actually, not even. She's not eligible for parole until she's 65.

Something tells me you won't have to worry about it.
I wrote out the facts above. There is nothing legally stopping her from getting her pension. She did the work; she is entitled to it; her crime does not matter according to the NYS Constitution and laws governing NYS pensions. You choose to ignore them and put forth no evidence supporting your opinion. Just amazing, but believe what you want to believe. Just don't think everyone else on here are idiots and will listen to anyone who says "because I say so" and puts forth absolutely zero evidence.

She also can collect her pension while in jail. What's this nonsense that she has to wait for parole? Frank Tassone collected his pension in jail and so did many other criminals.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:23 PM

249 posts, read 514,995 times
Quote:
Only in public sector civil service can someone like this last 19 years on the job, folks!

22 years to life for jail guard in shooting
Long Island Item

Back when it happened, here's what her union boss said about her:

LOL! I guess she had a good rapport with her charges.

So she did 19 years as a drudge on one side of the bars and now she has been sentenced to 22 years to life as a prisoner on the other side of the bars.

But there's a bright spot in all this ... she will get her NYS pension! Being a cold-blooded murderer sentenced to prison will not change that!
I'm trying to understand what you're saying.
Let me see......are you attempting to say that this person was a criminal all her life leading up to the murder? If so, did you know this person?

She, being a Correction Officer, makes her a "drudge"? Do you label all Correction Officers as being a "drudge"?

Only future "killers" work in the public sector? This never happens in the "private sector"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island