Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 07:57 PM

7 posts, read 7,798 times

Advertisements

Yeah it’s a good entry level town and I think if we have kids then we would def upgrade before junior HS. I do know a lot of young couple moving to Coppiage right now and it’s going to build value to the neighborhood. It’s a good place to Build equity and move on. I don’t think it looks run down at all. Yes by sunrise It’s a little more dicey but I have noticed that in many towns there are good and dicey parts. The area we purchased is about 2 blocks from Merrick Rd/montalk hw and the area still has most of the original owners. I actually like the diversity and think it brings culture. People on Long Island are scared of diversity and I find that strange. Like the whites stay with the whites and the Spanish stay with the Spanish etc..... Copiage is the exception and I find that pretty cool. North Amityville has a bad rep and the only reason why it rubs onto Copiage is because of the school districts. I’m sure people from n Amityville have some lovely people and it’s just a lot of fear that gets ppl talking. I know there was people from MS13 creeping around in he area at one point but they were all over Nassau county in well to do areas like Rockville Centre. I honestly think it’s a good town to get your life started. The houses are moderately priced and the taxes are better for young adults starting their lives. In my book it’s a good place to start. Plus Tanner Park is very cool as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 09:17 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,244,382 times
I have a friend that did some security work in the HS there this year (retired NYC law enforcement) and he said it was bad. After the second day he had enough. Kids talking trash to him and other guys, fights and very disrespectful interactions is how he described it. It was only two days though so maybe he just met all the "bad" kids those days.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:33 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,474,252 times
I think you should try to get the opinions of current students or recent graduates

Old 04-07-2018, 04:14 PM

I’m not too concerned about the schools right now and think by the time I have my family we will likely move on. I am happy with the area as a young professional Newley wed. The park is amazing! The fishing pier and the beach hut and concerts are awesome! We are by Montalk highway and the area there is very nice and quiet. I am loving what they did to downtown amityville as well. There are several newwes places to dine and they are thriving. Again for young newly Web couples building equity it’s a good choice to start.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ12345 View Post
I’m not too concerned about the schools right now and think by the time I have my family we will likely move on. I am happy with the area as a young professional Newley wed. The park is amazing! The fishing pier and the beach hut and concerts are awesome! We are by Montalk highway and the area there is very nice and quiet. I am loving what they did to downtown amityville as well. There are several newwes places to dine and they are thriving. Again for young newly Web couples building equity it’s a good choice to start.
Why are you planning on moving out already? See how you like it for yourself, don't let anonymous city posters with extreme biases scare you away.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:42 AM

You are so right!

Old 04-09-2018, 05:24 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,767,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I've never got a hood vibe from Copiague. It might not be extremely white like some people want, but it doesn't look rough at all to me.

It's also intersting to me how it's a Polish enclave, I wonder how that started. And I mean actual Polish immigrants, not people 5 generations removed from Poland.
Make no mistake north copiague north of sunrise is the very definition of the “hood”. South of sunrise is fine.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Make no mistake north copiague north of sunrise is the very definition of the “hood”. South of sunrise is fine.
Oh I thought that was considered North Amityville, I would agree that area is hood

Old 04-10-2018, 06:01 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,961,498 times
Quote:
Oh I thought that was considered North Amityville, I would agree that area is hood
Interesting that you consider that area a hood, but call Brentwood a 'pretty normal place' in that Commack thread.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:29 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,767,621 times
Quote:
Common misconception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island