Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 03:31 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,105,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Finally, this stat bugs me the most. Most female teachers are married so that 100K income is just a second income. So nearly all husbands work. According to the book "The Millionaire Next Door" the number one occupation of Male Millionaires wifes who work is a school teacher.

So a women making 100K for a part time job whose husband is a millionaire crying she is underpaid is funny.
Sorry; but what ones spouse earns can not be used as a justification to pay a lower salary. Maybe the book infers that millionaires fall in love with their childrens (from prior marriage) teachers???

Old 10-09-2013, 03:32 PM

40 posts, read 44,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
So teachers do pay property taxes? Considering that, as one above poster noted, they are all females married to millionaires anyway, they should,

BREAKING NEWS: My further research has not only determined that teachers work only 182 days a year, only spend about 8 hours at school (!), take bathroom breaks (!!), eat lunch (!!!), have three minutes between classes, sneeze (with their eyes closed..so they cannot be working because that is like sleeping) but they also inhale - about the same amount as they exhale BTW. And we all know that one can't teach while breathing in. So now I know they work a negative 2.37 hours per day and should pay all taxpayers instead of themselves being paid. We are being ripped of by those teachers. Case Closed!
That's old news! Did you also know now that the teachers are not only bribing politicians, but also corporate executives to make sure they keep salaries dirt low for the struggling tax payer???!! Did you also know that teachers all got to together and decided to keep buying the tabloids and watch reality TV to make sure that these celebrities keep making eight figures while the tax payer struggles. I also hear the teacher union reps help professional athletes to negotiate their salaries too! Unbelievable, looks like the taxpayer is so screwed in life with the teachers bribing all the 'powerful' people in our society!

Old 10-09-2013, 03:38 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,748,901 times
Good one OBH. I like this one too-

This has to be the worst thread to read through in chitty data history. I almost think Duckie is using reverse troll psychology because the arguments from the pro-union side in this thread makes them look even worse.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:42 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,288,785 times
Thread closed for mod review.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island