Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 07:39 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,317,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
You do understand a good portion of customers in a Rite-Aid are sick?
She could have dropped the coins in the person's hand without touching the hand you know.

My local Rite Aid used to have a cashier who wore those latex gloves to serve the customers. Kinda sorta creepy but I understood; guess she was a person who got sick easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 07:41 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,317,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Why? Do you think you are avoiding germs this way? Hate to break it to you but the coins have already been touched by hundreds of people who have passed on to the coins whatever germs and dirt they are carrying. Are the kind of person who uses a paper towel to open the bathroom door and then drop it on the floor?
Right!

Old 10-17-2013, 07:57 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,765,221 times
Quote:
Why? Do you think you are avoiding germs this way? Hate to break it to you but the coins have already been touched by hundreds of people who have passed on to the coins whatever germs and dirt they are carrying. Are the kind of person who uses a paper towel to open the bathroom door and then drop it on the floor?
very true. So why take on even more risk by toughing the cashier's hand?

Are you the kind of person who always vindictively fills out customer service surveys over something so trivial?

Old 10-17-2013, 08:12 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,068,819 times
I dont think that is trivial. What is trivial is you worrying about germs so much.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:58 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,247,127 times
There are rude people everywhere, I must be lucky because most of my interactions with people are pleasant. The few that aren't I usually get a chuckle out of anyway. Life is way too short to get worked up over one minute conversation in a pizza place.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:02 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,731,836 times
Quote:
Once I was at Rite Aid and I held my hand out for the change, which was a bunch of coins, and the girl bypassed my open hand and plunked the coins down on the counter. I think I had bathed that day so I don't know what her problem was. It's not easy to pick up a bunch of coins off a counter. Rite Aid has one of those service surveys on the receipt so I went online and gave her zeros across the board and in the comments wrote that if she worked for me she would be fired on the spot for doing that to a customer. For whatever reason she did not work at the store long.

I dislike it when they give you your change by putting the bills in your hand, rolling up the receipt and putting that on top and then putting the coins on top of that. Seriously? Why not put the coins FIRST and then hand the person the bills and the receipt??

Old 10-17-2013, 09:04 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,892,286 times
guys, guys... you're doing it wrong. Swipe your credit card.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
There are rude people everywhere, I must be lucky because most of my interactions with people are pleasant. The few that aren't I usually get a chuckle out of anyway. Life is way too short to get worked up over one minute conversation in a pizza place.
same here. Perhaps a look in the mirror is warranted for some of our resident complainers?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
I dont think that is trivial. What is trivial is you worrying about germs so much.
maybe you enjoy viruses and such, or perhaps you're so slovenly that other people's bad hygiene wouldn't affect you much?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:52 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,247,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
same here. Perhaps a look in the mirror is warranted for some of our resident complainers?
That is what I was thinking.

Now, I will admit that just about no cashiers know how to count out change any more, you are lucky to get "and 7.31 is your change" but I don't stress over it. A woman actually did it correctly a few weeks ago and I complimented her on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island