Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 08:20 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
I'll never understand why people complain about what other people choose to post about, on a public message board. Don't get it? DON'T REPLY. Stop wasting server space.
Are you really concerned about server space?? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 08:22 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
I'll never understand people who complain about people complaining about people who are complaining.....
word!

Old 07-02-2014, 08:23 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
this is why I used to walk all the way past field 6, close to tobay, i could be naked and quiet and not have to see or hear kids, adults or any other annoyances, all i wanted to do was listen to the waves....so the 45 minute walk was worth it totally........but not at my age now...........

Old 07-02-2014, 08:25 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
On numerous occasions I have witnessed people on the beach become really uptight for just about anything. I dont want to start a race issue here either but for the most part is mainly white folks (I'm caucasian by the way). I'll use yesterday's day at the beach for an example.

So I'm on Jones Beach field 6. I set up and kick back. In my vicinity there is a mid 30-ish white couple relaxing reading books. Every single time anyone around them spoke, laughed, or made any type of noise, they both stopped reading, looked up at one another and shook their heads. There was a group in the far distance playing some music and this couple kept mentioning that they hope the music players get a ticket for playing music on the beach. About an hour before I get set to leave a group of people in thier early 20's set up aside from them. While there they were all laughing and just having a good time/day at the beach. One guy was particularly louder than the rest because he had a deep voice with a loud laugh. Everytime he said anything or laughed, this couple became so annoyed. At one point the woman even slammed her book down and just took a walk.

Now my question is, if what you want is a quiet and peaceful relaxing day at the beach, why would you go to the most crowded section of the beach on a 90 degree day when school is out!? Surely you're going to encounter all types. Kids, music players, loud teens, etc. Why not go to a section of the beach that is less crowded?
Field 6 is probably the closest to parking and concessions. Had it occurred to you that the individuals who are the main topic of this post could have had disabilities which prevented them from walking further from the crowd to set up?

The whole time you were at the beach all you did was observe this couple because you knew that 'every single time anyone around them spoke, laughed, or made any type of noise' that this couple would stop and shake their heads. Sort of stalker-creepy.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:33 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Field 6 is probably the closest to parking and concessions. Had it occurred to you that the individuals who are the main topic of this post could have had disabilities which prevented them from walking further from the crowd to set up?

The whole time you were at the beach all you did was observe this couple because you knew that 'every single time anyone around them spoke, laughed, or made any type of noise' that this couple would stop and shake their heads. Sort of stalker-creepy.
This couple was not disabled in any way.

How am I not suppose to observe the actions of someone sitting maybe 20 feet from me. Its a beach not a parade. I sat in one spot the entire time and to be quite honest I found it pretty amusing at thier astonishment of people who actually go to the beach to laugh, talk, and just have a good time.

Maybe its just me but if I'm going to spend a day at the beach and want tranquility, to me it would be worth walking 10-15 minutes away from where the crowds are so that I dont have to deal with the things that annoyed this couple.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:37 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,058,271 times
Quote:

How am I not suppose to observe the actions of someone sitting maybe 20 feet from me. Its a beach not a parade. I sat in one spot the entire time and to be quite honest I found it pretty amusing at thier astonishment of people who actually go to the beach to laugh, talk, and just have a good time.

Maybe its just me but if I'm going to spend a day at the beach and want tranquility, to me it would be worth walking 10-15 minutes away from where the crowds are so that I dont have to deal with the things that annoyed this couple.

Maybe it's me, but if I'm gonna spend a day at the beach I'm going to enjoy myself and not worry about what other people are getting upset about. Glad you found humor in other's misery (whether or not they were justified in being miserable).

Old 07-02-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
Maybe it's me, but if I'm gonna spend a day at the beach I'm going to enjoy myself and not worry about what other people are getting upset about. Glad you found humor in other's misery (whether or not they were justified in being miserable).
I'm as happy as happy can be.

I'll take you're not given your username.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
And you know this how? Are you their doctor? My mother didn't look physically disabled during the onset of MS. Plenty of cardiac patients don't look disabled, either, yet they can not walk far without issues. There are MANY people out there with what is referred to as a hidden illness. ButYouDontLookSick.com: A community for support, education, and inspiration.

Quote:
You're at the beach and all you can do is focus on the people 20' from you the entire time. Stalker-creepy. Or did you occasionally notice what transpired in their direction?

Quote:
Apparently this couple annoyed you. Perhaps you should walk 10-15 minutes away from them?

Old 07-02-2014, 08:49 AM

You sound as if you're just like this couple I speak of. Go to a crowded place and wonder why there's noise.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
You sound as if you're just like this couple I speak of. Go to a crowded place and wonder why there's noise.
That's your reply? Instead of having consideration of the fact that one of these people might very well have had a health-related issue, you resort to a personal attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island