Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 02:05 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
I'll never understand people who complain about people complaining about people who are complaining.....
This thread is getting good ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 02:20 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unctorious View Post
So many possibilities, here are just a few:

They may not be from around here and are used to beaches being quiet.
They may have been hungover.
They may just be really irritable people.
They may be racists, you only indicated the race of the annoyed people (presumably bc you don't want to start a race issue) - what race were the people who annoyed them? If not white, well, there we go; if white, they may be self-hating whites.
They may just hate Americans.
They may be aliens studying humans in different environs and they really hate the job they've been tasked with.
They may be performance artists who were putting on a show just for you.
They may have gotten in a fight just before getting to the beach and so they were in a bad mood all day.
I vote for this option! These aliens were probably spitting mad jealous of the ones who got this assignment:

GALLAGHERS 2000 ufo alien commercial - YouTube

It could have been worse, they could have gotten out their rayguns ... count yourself fortunate deevel!

Old 07-02-2014, 03:37 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Are you really concerned about server space?? LOL
Hey some of us nerds are concerned about these types of things

Old 07-02-2014, 03:39 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
And you know this how? Are you their doctor? My mother didn't look physically disabled during the onset of MS. Plenty of cardiac patients don't look disabled, either, yet they can not walk far without issues. There are MANY people out there with what is referred to as a hidden illness. ButYouDontLookSick.com: A community for support, education, and inspiration.

You're at the beach and all you can do is focus on the people 20' from you the entire time. Stalker-creepy. Or did you occasionally notice what transpired in their direction?

Apparently this couple annoyed you. Perhaps you should walk 10-15 minutes away from them?
Maybe never leaving the house is OP's best option. Why should he have to *gasp* deal with other people?

Old 07-02-2014, 05:41 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,236,780 times
I go to Robert Moses pretty often. Only thing that bothers me is when people smoke - especially crappy cigars - and the smoke blows in my direction. Sometimes I'll walk by the smoker and pass gas as retribution.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:36 PM

852 posts, read 1,443,310 times
Personally, I'd like to see one of the fields be reserved for adults only (over 25). Preferably one of the fields that is as far away from the bus drop-off as possible. Is that too much to ask?

Old 07-02-2014, 08:06 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
Personally, I'd like to see one of the fields be reserved for adults only (over 25). Preferably one of the fields that is as far away from the bus drop-off as possible. Is that too much to ask?
West End 2 was great for that. No one wanted to lug a ton of kid gear and everything else from the lot all the way to the beach.

It's still closed for swimming, isn't it?

Old 07-02-2014, 08:18 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Nickerson beach is the answer provided you have a leasure pass. The bathrooms are clean as compared to Jones Beach. If there is a negative it would be the length of the walk to the waters edge which is considerable but nothing impossible.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:17 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
I once took a ferry to fire island to visit Ocean Beach. Never again! Beautiful beach but if you're there just for the day and not staying nearby it becomes too inconvenient. They dont allow any food or beverages aside from water on the beach. Not even chips. I actually saw a family asked by an officer to pack up and leave because they were eating on the beach. If you want something to eat or have to use the bathroom you have to walk all the way back to where the ferry docks which is about a 20 minute walk.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:24 AM

260 posts, read 450,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I once took a ferry to fire island to visit Ocean Beach. Never again! Beautiful beach but if you're there just for the day and not staying nearby it becomes too inconvenient. They dont allow any food or beverages aside from water on the beach. Not even chips. I actually saw a family asked by an officer to pack up and leave because they were eating on the beach. If you want something to eat or have to use the bathroom you have to walk all the way back to where the ferry docks which is about a 20 minute walk.

OMG just had a flashback! I stayed with friends (all couples) at the posh hotel in Ocean Beach. This was during a heat wave in July and we were drinking WATER out of poland spring water bottles and two locals came up to us screaming that we were not allowed to walk around with containers!

I'll never go back, lovely place and I'm all for taking care of things but you CANNOT treat people drinking water like criminals lol. There is no place more uptight than ocean beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island