Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 06:47 AM

217 posts, read 255,090 times

Advertisements

Newsday had an article that said things are getting so bad in Brentwood that the SCPD can't even handle it and the FBI is going to start getting involved. Yikes times 2

Old 03-14-2010, 09:30 AM

17 posts, read 55,200 times
I grew up in Brentwood and graduated from Brentwood High School (Ross). I never had issues living there. I now live in West Islip (a supposed nice town) and have had my car broken into 2 times in 1 year.

Bad things happen in even the "nice" places of Long Island.

Brentwood has a bad reputation and I wouldn't recommend someone moving there but at least I am being realistic about what other towns on Long Island have to offer.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:22 PM

518 posts, read 1,821,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
By far one of LI's worst places to live, it's more loaded with illegals than anywhere else on the island.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
I thought Roosevelt, Hempstead and Wyandanch were the worse areas in LI.
those places are loaded with blacks not "illegals", so theyre not as bad... i guess...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmc120 View Post
I grew up in Brentwood and graduated from Brentwood High School (Ross). I never had issues living there. I now live in West Islip (a supposed nice town) and have had my car broken into 2 times in 1 year.

Bad things happen in even the "nice" places of Long Island.

Brentwood has a bad reputation and I wouldn't recommend someone moving there but at least I am being realistic about what other towns on Long Island have to offer.
well one of the realities is that people go to the "nicer" towns to do their dirt since its usually easier because people arent as careful or aware

Old 03-14-2010, 11:25 PM

581 posts, read 1,244,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamExit View Post
those places are loaded with blacks not "illegals", so theyre not as bad... i guess...

well one of the realities is that people go to the "nicer" towns to do their dirt since its usually easier because people arent as careful or aware
which nationality/race are illegals?

Old 03-15-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
which nationality/race are illegals?
ask JohnInWestbury

Old 03-15-2010, 03:25 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
There were 2 drive by shootings in Brentwood last summer.

Yeah it's just like every other town on LI, it just has a bad rep because Hispanics live there and racists make it out to be bad because they are afraid of brown people.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
There were 2 drive by shootings in Brentwood last summer.

Yeah it's just like every other town on LI, it just has a bad rep because Hispanics live there and racists make it out to be bad because they are afraid of brown people.
but more often than not the victims have been somehow related to gang activity

Old 03-21-2010, 06:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,405 times
Hey everyone, just a little insight on brentwood as of right now, 3/21/10..

Around 13 students have died in the last 3 months,
about a month ago a fourth grader brought a hand gun to the elementary school I live by,
Brentwood has one of the highest rate of AIDS in the country,
The FBI has started a program which basically consists of planting their agents EVERYWHERE, to force Brentwood into shape,
I could go on and on about the gangs and drugs and how almost everyone who lives here hates it, but hey, I think you get the picture.

Oh, by the way, I'm a sophmore at Brentwood Highschool (Sonderling) in case anyone was wondering.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:47 AM

2 posts, read 9,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yobrunoxd View Post
hey everyone, just a little insight on brentwood as of right now, 3/21/10..

Around 13 students have died in the last 3 months,
about a month ago a fourth grader brought a hand gun to the elementary school i live by,
brentwood has one of the highest rate of aids in the country,
the fbi has started a program which basically consists of planting their agents everywhere, to force brentwood into shape,
i could go on and on about the gangs and drugs and how almost everyone who lives here hates it, but hey, i think you get the picture.

Oh, by the way, i'm a sophmore at brentwood highschool (sonderling) in case anyone was wondering.
this young person should not have to deal with the above while trying to grow up, enjoy their young life, and attempt to stay alive while getting an education. This is not just brentwood. Look at the violence teens are subjecting towards other teens. Two teens, one boy one girl conspire to violently attack another teen girl leaving her in a coma. Dont forget the famous attack of the teen girl in florida who was violently assaulted at a sleepover. Wtf where were the parents. Our kids documented or not are growing up to be violent animals. I am scared to death for my grandchildren. I hope this young sophmore finishes hs, brentwood has a great curriculum & faculty, its the congestion of teen criminals that compromise this child's safety.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,329 times
All these white supremacists talking about central americans Came in and ruined it and they brung in the latín king gang get your facts straight puerto ricans brung l.k or wait el sAlvador is responsible for the kkk and hells angel locAted in hempstead wich Are responsible for rapes extortion and murder and John gotti in oyster bAy is a salvadorien too right and all the sexual predators that just happen to look white and have white last ñames. And all the white kkks in east islip leaving rascist newsflyers in all long island or the young whites in patchogue that happened to beat a legal americAn . But because he is Brown he is from el sAlvAdor right. Because you sAy get your fActs straight *******s. Go ahead correct my spelling cuz im illerate cuz me Brown trailertrash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island