U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-07-2015, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Avignon, France
9,370 posts, read 5,185,827 times
Reputation: 23448

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1973 View Post
How come nobody ever sees UFOs and Mothmen in places like Manhasset, Garden City, Old Brookville, Muttontown, Great Neck, Hamptons, etc. Just wondering. Do they only prefer the south shore neighborhoods of central suffolk county?

You have to put out a giant lamp to attract them. Everybody knows that!
Rate this post positively

 
Old 09-08-2015, 06:43 AM
 
Location: Florida
1,748 posts, read 1,776,558 times
Reputation: 1774
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelzLuv View Post
Because the people have written about UFOS in suffolk county, ny I have read in google about mothmen and that they have been seen in many many places but also they hare seen in mt. misery in suffolk county, ny. It is known that mt. misery is where many many things can happen and it has been said that it is evil and that the paranormal lives there. Why do the mothmen go there? What are they and what causes them?

West Hills County Park, Melville, New York

The Mothman is a figure which plays a small role in the book and film, The Mothman Prophecies. The book by John Keel actually deals more with UFOs than the mothman, which has been described as a winged creature between six and ten feet tall, often with glowing red eyes. What is eerie about it, is that when people started collecting stories, the stories were already in existence, rather than coming into existence once it became a part of popular culture. The story related in the book and movie is perhaps the most notorious and well documented case, but it’s also been reported frequently in New Jersey, as well as Long Island. And where else but Mount Misery and Sweet Hollow Road.

You can read about it Mt Misery & Sweet Hollow Road: Of Indians, Mothmen, M.I.B.s and UFOs and it is also in google.

Who knows about the dj who saw the mothman and the ufo and even took a picture of it. What became of him and did the people know of him? Who else has seen it?
A DJ spotted the mothman??!?!?! Maybe it was LIQUEST!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-08-2015, 07:13 AM
 
1,097 posts, read 1,119,918 times
Reputation: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
How does a West Virginia legend end up being sighted in Suffolk? Must be some sort a vortex/portal..
Mothman summers on Long Island.


Irv Mothman. He used to do my taxes.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-08-2015, 07:19 AM
 
1,097 posts, read 1,119,918 times
Reputation: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelzLuv View Post
Because the people have written about UFOS in suffolk county, ny I have read in google about mothmen and that they have been seen in many many places but also they hare seen in mt. misery in suffolk county, ny. It is known that mt. misery is where many many things can happen and it has been said that it is evil and that the paranormal lives there. Why do the mothmen go there? What are they and what causes them?

West Hills County Park, Melville, New York

The Mothman is a figure which plays a small role in the book and film, The Mothman Prophecies. The book by John Keel actually deals more with UFOs than the mothman, which has been described as a winged creature between six and ten feet tall, often with glowing red eyes. What is eerie about it, is that when people started collecting stories, the stories were already in existence, rather than coming into existence once it became a part of popular culture. The story related in the book and movie is perhaps the most notorious and well documented case, but it’s also been reported frequently in New Jersey, as well as Long Island. And where else but Mount Misery and Sweet Hollow Road.

You can read about it Mt Misery & Sweet Hollow Road: Of Indians, Mothmen, M.I.B.s and UFOs and it is also in google.

Who knows about the dj who saw the mothman and the ufo and even took a picture of it. What became of him and did the people know of him? Who else has seen it?
1) Who are "the" people who write about UFO's in Suffolk County? The numbers you are speaking of are not even a significant portion of the population. They are the same people who, if they lived on the West Coast, would be swearing the Patterson Bigfoot film was real even though it was debunked by one of the people who shot it.

2) "Many, many places"? Well, let's just say it's amazing it's never been seen by anyone with a cellphone or a camera.

3) "It is know that mt. misery is where many things can happen". Okay, I'm just going to insert "supernatural" into your sentence since many things happen everywhere from yard sales to fires to gas station openings. Now that we've cleared that up, it is only known to people who wear their tin foil hats while watching "Finding Bigfoot" confident that THIS is the episode where they actually prove he exists.

4) Stop being so scared of the paranormal. I suspect there are real world things happening every day that you should be more concerned about.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Status: "Blissful." (set 15 days ago)
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
20,461 posts, read 25,652,631 times
Reputation: 54969
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I haven't seen Mothmen, but I've seen Slenderman in Hecksher Park near Huntington village. Scary stuff.
What's a "Slenderman"?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Status: "Blissful." (set 15 days ago)
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
20,461 posts, read 25,652,631 times
Reputation: 54969
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
1) Who are "the" people who write about UFO's in Suffolk County? The numbers you are speaking of are not even a significant portion of the population. They are the same people who, if they lived on the West Coast, would be swearing the Patterson Bigfoot film was real even though it was debunked by one of the people who shot it.

2) "Many, many places"? Well, let's just say it's amazing it's never been seen by anyone with a cellphone or a camera.

3) "It is know that mt. misery is where many things can happen". Okay, I'm just going to insert "supernatural" into your sentence since many things happen everywhere from yard sales to fires to gas station openings. Now that we've cleared that up, it is only known to people who wear their tin foil hats while watching "Finding Bigfoot" confident that THIS is the episode where they actually prove he exists.

4) Stop being so scared of the paranormal. I suspect there are real world things happening every day that you should be more concerned about.
Perhaps she isn't frightened of the paranormal - just interested in it.

There is an Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal forum on City Data. I think the OP might enjoy posting there.

I have had paranormal experiences in my life. Many people have. If they weren't, television would not be filled with as many shows dealing with this issue. Same with movies.

There is plenty of paranormal activity on Long Island.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-08-2015, 04:15 PM
 
634 posts, read 750,472 times
Reputation: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Perhaps she isn't frightened of the paranormal - just interested in it.

There is an Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal forum on City Data. I think the OP might enjoy posting there.
You could have stopped here, but NOOOOOOooooOOOOOO!


Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
What's a "Slenderman"?
To some, worth killing for: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slender_Man_stabbing
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-08-2015, 04:33 PM
 
225 posts, read 260,728 times
Reputation: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I haven't seen Mothmen, but I've seen Slenderman in Hecksher Park near Huntington village. Scary stuff.
You saw him? Was it daytime or night and why were you there? Is it common? Do other people know about it and where there children in the park? It was scary and what did you do?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-08-2015, 04:34 PM
 
225 posts, read 260,728 times
Reputation: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJS Alex View Post
Dammit Angelz! Why are you trying to blow my cover? My Moth family and I are just trying to live peacefully in Suffolk County, NY. Let it go, before we get caught!

What is that picture of?



I think you think you are being funny but what is that picture of?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-08-2015, 04:43 PM
 
225 posts, read 260,728 times
Reputation: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
1) Who are "the" people who write about UFO's in Suffolk County? The numbers you are speaking of are not even a significant portion of the population. They are the same people who, if they lived on the West Coast, would be swearing the Patterson Bigfoot film was real even though it was debunked by one of the people who shot it.

2) "Many, many places"? Well, let's just say it's amazing it's never been seen by anyone with a cellphone or a camera.

3) "It is know that mt. misery is where many things can happen". Okay, I'm just going to insert "supernatural" into your sentence since many things happen everywhere from yard sales to fires to gas station openings. Now that we've cleared that up, it is only known to people who wear their tin foil hats while watching "Finding Bigfoot" confident that THIS is the episode where they actually prove he exists.

4) Stop being so scared of the paranormal. I suspect there are real world things happening every day that you should be more concerned about.

I will try to answer your questions. There are many people who know and have talked about it and there are many things that you can read about it in google. People on west coast also have things that happen and supernatural and people who do witchcraft and occult worship but not as much and there are many many stories about suffolk county, ny. I dont know about bigfoots. There are many many who know. I think maybe some keep it secretive? There are many many others who do not know because they dont learn and there are propbably some who dont want to know. I have talked to many many people in suffolk county, ny about it and on here and in person.

Not everybody has cell phone cameras and sometimes you probably cant take pictures of it. Sometimes I cant take pictures of my cats because they go very very fast and I cant do it in time. Some people also probably get scared and dont want to see it.

It worries me but so do other things and I worry about my family and the children.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top