Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 12:34 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
Do you really think the feds are going to just bend over and take it after a cop went against the wishes of the jury said he couldn't go on then hugged Ed mangano after the judge declared a mistrial ?

What the juror did was illegal and I think it's a crime to lie to federal investigators

If his story doesn't match up with what the rest of the jurors are saying , what then?
If this "conspiracy" saved Ed, it sure threw Linda under the bus...or in this case, bread truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 02:14 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Do you really think the feds are going to just bend over and take it after a cop went against the wishes of the jury said he couldn't go on then hugged Ed mangano after the judge declared a mistrial ?

What the juror did was illegal and I think it's a crime to lie to federal investigators

If his story doesn't match up with what the rest of the jurors are saying , what then?
They already did. Its over. They can retry again. Nothing will happen to the cop. Get over yourself and take the tin foil hat off.

Hugging mangano isnt a crime. Being a hold out against the majority of the other jurors on just one charge (the least serious one at that) CERTAINLY isnt a crime. It happens all the time thats why they invented a thing called a "mistrial".

Old 06-04-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
If this "conspiracy" saved Ed, it sure threw Linda under the bus...or in this case, bread truck.
Lol great point!

Old 06-04-2018, 10:07 PM

874 posts, read 728,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
They already did. Its over. They can retry again. Nothing will happen to the cop. Get over yourself and take the tin foil hat off.

Hugging mangano isnt a crime. Being a hold out against the majority of the other jurors on just one charge (the least serious one at that) CERTAINLY isnt a crime. It happens all the time thats why they invented a thing called a "mistrial".

Tin foil hat?

So this happens all the time? On federal cases?

One juror getting sick another juror being put on, then one juror going against the wishes of the rest of the jury and just saying he can't go on, then he hugs the defense?

Maybe it does, I'm not the law expert. But it looks like jury tampering to me.

Can you show me other federal cases where the jury forman who just caused a mistrial and hugged the defense right after? Since it happened all the time I'm sure you can show me many examples..... No tin foil hat here just a common sense cap...

Old 06-04-2018, 10:42 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Rigged.
Like anyone should be surprised.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Tin foil hat?

So this happens all the time? On federal cases?

One juror getting sick another juror being put on, then one juror going against the wishes of the rest of the jury and just saying he can't go on, then he hugs the defense?

Maybe it does, I'm not the law expert. But it looks like jury tampering to me.

Can you show me other federal cases where the jury forman who just caused a mistrial and hugged the defense right after? Since it happened all the time I'm sure you can show me many examples..... No tin foil hat here just a common sense cap...
On all types of cases, its not that uncommon for an acquitted defendant to personally thank a juror and yes sometimes they even embrace. nothing illegal about it as long as the trial is concluded. After the trial is over the jurors can talk to or interact with whomever they please. Also if there was a "conspiracy" why would this cop have pretty much screwed over mangano's wife who was about to be acquitted by causing a mistrial?? Also why would he be so blatantly obvious about it if he was somehow paid off? And why would the other jurors have voted to clear his wife, Ed on the most serious charges, and Venditto?? Are they all in on your "conspiracy" too? You never answered these questions.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:46 PM

718 posts, read 620,358 times
The long island mafia at work again! No way this guy would walk if this was held in another venue. He is as dirty and corrupt as they get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island