Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 07:32 AM

16 posts, read 16,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
What website are you using for MLS?
Usually redfin and zillow. Rarely onekeymls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 07:49 AM

13,059 posts, read 18,149,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formi View Post
Usually redfin and zillow. Rarely onekeymls.
Forget Zillow, totally useless try. MLS-LI

Old 07-16-2020, 08:16 AM

16 posts, read 16,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Forget Zillow, totally useless try. MLS-LI
onekeymls is mlsli. It was transitioned not too long ago.
Zillow is super useful to track price history.

Old 07-16-2020, 09:24 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,396,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Anybody living near a body of water is aware that it comes with risk. People enjoy it and accept the risk that comes with it.

If you're the type that cannot handle the possibility of having to deal with a natural disaster - Pittsburgh is the most populous city in the continental US with the lowest possibility of being affected by a natural disaster.
The problem with Pittsburgh is that it’s Pittsburgh.

How yinz doing?

Old 07-16-2020, 09:28 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,396,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Unfortunately it does. I am in the insurance business and we insure a home overlooking the the water in Kings point. He was quoted 24,000 for his flood insurance but decided to stay with the flood insurance the mortgage company gave him for a lot less.Most companies won't write if your home is within 1 mile of the water. Kingstone and UPC insurance will though.
Yes on Kingstone. Couple of friends with that insurance.

There has to be insurance available to flood prone folks. Otherwise no one would own by the water. There are not MANY options but there ARE options

I have heard too ppl say you cannot get insurance if you live in a floodzone ... you absolutely can!

Old 07-16-2020, 12:21 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,274,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post

There has to be insurance available to flood prone folks. Otherwise no one would own by the water. There are not MANY options but there ARE options

I have heard too ppl say you cannot get insurance if you live in a floodzone ... you absolutely can!
The challenge with many of the smaller companies that will insure near the water is the risk of insolvency. Tower/Castlepoint covered me when State Farm dropped coastal homes but they went bust.

Old 07-16-2020, 12:48 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,336,025 times
Quote:

When folks say they cant get flood insurance - What they really are saying is, I found a few places but the the prices are insane and I can't or won't pay that much $$$.

Old 07-16-2020, 02:11 PM

20,951 posts, read 28,468,006 times
Quote:

Yes there are insurance markets out there but you are going to pay a higher price and some of my clients on the water are cheap. I say to myself then don't buy a house on the water.

Old 07-16-2020, 02:13 PM

20,951 posts, read 28,468,006 times
If you don't want to pay the high price for flood insurance/home insurance then don't buy a house on the water!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island