Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:39 PM

270 posts, read 964,700 times

Advertisements

It just sucks! I didn't think it would be this hard to sell our condo!
We have people come and look at it and they seem very interested, but
every time it's a let down. We REALLY wan to sell and get a house.........we just can't take it anymore!! We have been on the market since May 08. It's getting ridiculous
Sorry....just had to vent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 01:44 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie78 View Post
every time it's a let down. We REALLY wan to sell and get a house.........we just can't take it anymore!! We have been on the market since May 08. It's getting ridiculous

Not to be a jerk, I know it's hard to deal with, but drop the price and it will sell.

I'm not selling, but I'm definitely underwater with my mortgage ..If I sold today, I'd lose at least 30K from what I bought at. You have to deal with reality. What are recent sales in your condo development at?

Old 03-27-2009, 02:20 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Condo's are boat anchors.

Have you found something you like?

Best of luck

Old 03-27-2009, 03:22 PM

706 posts, read 3,764,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie78 View Post
I hear you, Jackie

This recession affair is getting old for me too.

Somebody just stop it, make it go away!

I have an empty nest. There's no reason I need to pay for bedrooms that nobody's using, but I wouldn't even try to sell now.

I suppose it's a toss up. One can sell low but also buy low now.
Or sell higher and buy higher later.

I'm profit motivated. I'm sitting tight and holding on for dear life cause I want $$$ when I sell. Hell, I may not want to buy another home after all anyway.

After all of this blows over, I may just get myself a nice studio apartment, somewhere where I can hang my hat and pay $20 gas and electric bills and never to worry about raking leaves, shoveling snow, mortgage payments, water bills, heating, maintenance and repairs again.

But see, I've had my share of homes and my son is grown.

It sounds like you're starting out and this IS a good time to buy a home, but a lousy time to sell.

You may end up having to sit tight too.

Here in NYC, condos are probably selling even less than homes as they're apartments (albeit very nice ones), for the price of a home.

But don't give up, you never know. A buyer may show up when you least expect it.

Just don't bank on selling in a specified period of time because that IS just aggravating.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:47 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,282,976 times

What does that mean, crooks?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-27-2009, 04:23 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

What does that mean, crooks?
I feel for OP

Theyre a kind of a drag.

Like CoOps...tough to unload in a buyers market.

Theres a pretty significant portion of the market that wont even consider one.

We had the choice of a larger Condo or a smaller house to start out in.
All I can say is Im glad we chose the house.

crooks

Old 03-27-2009, 04:37 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,161,099 times
I see a very high turn over rate at my condo complex here in Islip. The people that move in here are either just married couples or retired folks who downsized from their home.

To the OP...How does your asking price compare to home prices in the school district? If they are equal or very close many people will opt for the home. I hate to say it but list it the lowest price you can go without going in a negative.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:41 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,282,976 times
For the most part the condos in Babylon Village sell almost as soon as they are offered. Not for as much as they were going for awhile ago, though.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 03-27-2009 at 06:19 PM..

Old 03-27-2009, 08:35 PM

113 posts, read 438,154 times
A lot of people see a low price for the co-op then realize how they have to disclose too much (IMO) information to a board of strangers to be accepted and take the risk of them saying no! Then they realize they will be paying a mortgage (albeit a low one) and a maintenance charge. In Hewlett maintenance charges average about $1000/mo

Old 03-27-2009, 09:03 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,161,099 times
Correct, but most are atleast 60% tax deductable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjeacoma View Post
A lot of people see a low price for the co-op then realize how they have to disclose too much (IMO) information to a board of strangers to be accepted and take the risk of them saying no! Then they realize they will be paying a mortgage (albeit a low one) and a maintenance charge. In Hewlett maintenance charges average about $1000/mo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island