Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 09:38 AM

240 posts, read 237,125 times

Advertisements

What does everyone think about this incident, which occured last month? I'm not sure if all the facts are out, but this is what I have read:

21 (I think) year old kid driving an altima
35 (I think) year old guy driving a yellow porshe

21 year old does something to tick off 35 year old. 35 year old gets out of car yelling and hitting 21 year old's car.

21 year old gets away... 35 year old follows, running a red light to catch up to 21 year old.

35 year old gets out of car again to pound on 21 year old's hood. 21 year old calls 911... trys to get away but hits 35 year old with his car in the process and kills him.

21 year old begins to flee the scene but is caught by witnesses.

Now, the cops and DA are charging the 21 year with some sort of manslaughter.

My opinion is that if someone gets out of their car to confront me I'm going to make them a pancake I hope the 21 year old is cleared of all charges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 09:41 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Shouldn't be charged with manslaughter. After being chased by a lunatic for that length of time who obviously has intent to frighten or hurt you, how can you call that manslaughter?

Old 06-17-2009, 09:49 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times
Since I wasn't there's nothing I can say with any degree of certainty...but I've been following this case since it happened and it seemed like the guy in the Porche was responsible for escalating the situation and bears some if not most of the responsiblity for his own death.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:23 AM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Any 21 year old kid=not the greatest common sense.
I can see how what happened, happened. Most 21 year olds do not know how to handle a situation like this. Unless he blatently tried to mow the guy down in cold blood, I don't believe he should hang.
What's most ridiculous is the behavior of a 35 year old man, who acted more or less like what you would expect from a 21 year old kid.
Oh, he was driving a Porsche? That explains everything.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:18 PM

270 posts, read 969,769 times
It was a '78 911. The Altima probably cost the kid more.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:30 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Any 21 year old kid=not the greatest common sense.
I can see how what happened, happened. Most 21 year olds do not know how to handle a situation like this. Unless he blatently tried to mow the guy down in cold blood, I don't believe he should hang.
What's most ridiculous is the behavior of a 35 year old man, who acted more or less like what you would expect from a 21 year old kid.
Oh, he was driving a Porsche? That explains everything.
ok, yes most 21 year olds probably don't know how to handle this kind of situation...but they should know killing isn't the answer! Come on, I learned that when i was 2 years old!

Old 06-17-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
ok, yes most 21 year olds probably don't know how to handle this kind of situation...but they should know killing isn't the answer! Come on, I learned that when i was 2 years old!
Did the 21 year old intentionally try to kill the guy or was he trying to flee? Also, if the 21 year old did intentionally hit the guy, did he do it because he was fearful for his life after the guy twice got out of his car and was banging on the 21 year old's car?

Old 06-17-2009, 02:44 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56 Fighter View Post
Did the 21 year old intentionally try to kill the guy or was he trying to flee? Also, if the 21 year old did intentionally hit the guy, did he do it because he was fearful for his life after the guy twice got out of his car and was banging on the 21 year old's car?
I don't know...but killing the guy was poor judgment on the 21 year old's part. I'm also not saying the 35 year old was right either...but killing is NOT how you handle any situation...whether or not you are fearful of your life. That's just how I was raised...I dunno, thou shalt not kill.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I don't know...but killing the guy was poor judgment on the 21 year old's part. I'm also not saying the 35 year old was right either...but killing is NOT how you handle any situation...whether or not you are fearful of your life. That's just how I was raised...I dunno, thou shalt not kill.
The "Thou shalt not kill" attitude will be a disservice to you if some maniac is coming after you repeatedly. I agree killing is not the answer but in certain circumstances Darwins Law kicks in... that's why self defense is a justifiable excuse for killing in US courts.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:49 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
Whenever someone tailgates me, I just pull over & allow them to pass. I mean, who cares?

I was wondering; do guys ever do this?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island