Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2009, 11:01 AM

81 posts, read 127,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
Hi Guys....
For everyone who did the MCC from New York....
My loan officer said a certificate was reserved but we are waiting for an approval from SONYMA. Can you tell me what that means ? This last thing is holding up the closing.
I have the reservation as well... just need the approval... SONYMA has to look through all the docs and make sure we're all qualified... according to pp, the turnaround seems to be about 10 days... and i'm just at the 10 day mark now... so if i hear anything else soon, i'll let you guys know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 12:32 PM

2,666 posts, read 7,337,902 times
Ok great, so its just a few days wait. Thats comforting.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:03 PM

I called SONYMA myself to inquire about my app. They said once they receive all docs, that it should only take a max of 2 days to process my reservation! A spot was reserved for me 2 weeks ago and come to find out SONYMA hasn't recieved any paperwork... To anyone else waiting on WF for the mCC, they have no clue what they are doing when it comes to this... Ughhh...

I feel like I've been getting the run around this entire time with them... Anyone else feel like that???

Old 11-02-2009, 02:13 PM

184 posts, read 806,121 times
Not too many banks seem to know about the program in general. This program is not available for retail loans from what I heard. So if you used a broker you are not able to participate.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbxqt View Post
I called SONYMA myself to inquire about my app. They said once they receive all docs, that it should only take a max of 2 days to process my reservation! A spot was reserved for me 2 weeks ago and come to find out SONYMA hasn't recieved any paperwork... To anyone else waiting on WF for the mCC, they have no clue what they are doing when it comes to this... Ughhh...

I feel like I've been getting the run around this entire time with them... Anyone else feel like that???
Hey lilbxqt,
I am in the same boat, can you give me the contact (phone / e-mail) at SONYMA to get in touch with ?
And what exactly to ask for ? My loan officer has not given me any case number, can they look it up by name or social ?

We had submitted all docs except one in mid-September. The loan officer said the certificate is reserved. We then gave the last doc on 20th Oct so that he can submit that too.... we are waiting since then.... he said we should have heard it last Tue, but no sign.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Hey lilbxqt,
I am in the same boat, can you give me the contact (phone / e-mail) at SONYMA to get in touch with ?
And what exactly to ask for ? My loan officer has not given me any case number, can they look it up by name or social ?

We had submitted all docs except one in mid-September. The loan officer said the certificate is reserved. We then gave the last doc on 20th Oct so that he can submit that too.... we are waiting since then.... he said we should have heard it last Tue, but no sign.
I got contact info from sonyma's site... SONYMA Home Buyers Hotline: 1-800-382-HOME (4663)

When I called, I asked the person who picked up that i wanted to check on the status of my mcc reservation. They then asked if I had gotten in touch with my bank first. I told her point blank that I was getting the run around and that I would rather hear directly from her. She only asked for the name on the reservation I believe. I did have my reservation on hand and ready to provide her with a case #, but was never asked. (Def get that from WF if you haven't already)

They told me my file was "pending" and that there had been no activity on the file since the date it was reserved. Keep pestering WF... keep them on their toes...

Old 11-03-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I got contact info from sonyma's site... SONYMA Home Buyers Hotline: 1-800-382-HOME (4663)

When I called, I asked the person who picked up that i wanted to check on the status of my mcc reservation. They then asked if I had gotten in touch with my bank first. I told her point blank that I was getting the run around and that I would rather hear directly from her. She only asked for the name on the reservation I believe. I did have my reservation on hand and ready to provide her with a case #, but was never asked. (Def get that from WF if you haven't already)

They told me my file was "pending" and that there had been no activity on the file since the date it was reserved. Keep pestering WF... keep them on their toes...
SONYMA is so busy, I can't seem to get thru to them....

Old 11-03-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
SONYMA is so busy, I can't seem to get thru to them....
oh wow... i got through on the first attempt yesterday! GL!

Old 11-03-2009, 04:00 PM

24 posts, read 50,578 times
Quote:

My WF people told me that I should hear from SONYMA in 3 days after submitting all docs. It actually took about 10 business days. I emailed WF every other day to check status and was told it would be done on the next day every time. Not sure what causes the delay, but don't trust the 2 days processing time part. Keep calling your banker.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:09 AM

Another update on the MCC process....
The Reservation of the Certificate can be done before SONYMA receives the file for review from the Lender.
This is exactly what happened in my case. My loan officer said that Wells is very busy trying to clear the backlog in order to get the file to SONYMA and so its getting a bit delayed. Once SONYMA gets the file they should be able to review it within a few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island