Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:03 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,068 times

Advertisements

I have heard through the Grapevine Westbury Village is paying the tuition of a teenage girl to go to private school. You want to know why?
Well, apparently this girl used to go to Westbury High School. Everyday she was attacked, taunted, and called names because she was white. She came home crying about it every school day. The only white student in the school to be exact.
The solution wasn't to reprimand the kids involved, nope, they decided it was unsafe for the girl in this school and paid 54 grand for her tuition in a private school.
Alot of people in the village have to pay alot of $$ for private school, because the Westbury school district sucks. Mainly because of the gangs and reverse racism going on there.
It really is sad because no one should be teased or attacked because of their race. It seems alot of minorities are behaving like their oppresors once have and that is such a shame. They seem to have forgotten what their ancestors went through, and instead are picking on minorities because they are the majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 08:08 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,576 times
Someone told me once that you can take any one person and they are an intelligent individual.
you take a hundred individuals and put them into a room together and they become a bunch of idiots.
I believe this to be true of all humans.
especially children.

Last edited by minesbroken; 09-08-2009 at 09:16 PM..

Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,683,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I have heard through the Grapevine Westbury Village is paying the tuition of a teenage girl to go to private school.
If what happened, is as you described it, then the Westbury Union Free School District, and not the Village of Westbury, would be financially liable to pay the girl's tuition to attend either a private school or, what seems more likely, a high school in a different school district.

The Westbury Union Free School District and the Village of Westbury are separate, and independent from one another, gov't entities, and in no case that I'm aware of, would the village be responsible for a school district liability.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
If what happened, is as you described it, then the Westbury Union Free School District, and not the Village of Westbury, would be financially liable to pay the girl's tuition to attend either a private school or, what seems more likely, a high school in a different school district.

The Westbury Union Free School District and the Village of Westbury are separate, and independent from one another, gov't entities, and in no case that I'm aware of, would the village be responsible for a school district liability.
I meant School district...my mistake..

Old 09-09-2009, 12:02 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,335,822 times
This is just not right, its equally bad as the whites discriminating against the minorities, and must be condemned.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:33 AM

752 posts, read 1,462,576 times
discrimination is discrimination, isn't the very term "reverse discrimination" discriminating?

Old 09-09-2009, 10:06 AM

748 posts, read 2,888,231 times
I guess Westbury school district wants to keep this situation quiet and not have any bad publicity. ( being the 4th worst in test scores in Long Island is bad enough). But I am surprised they have such a short-sighted outlook. This is setting a bad precedent. For a white kid to got to private school, they just have to move to Westbury schools, and lo.. you got tuition for private school.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:46 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,759,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I have heard through the Grapevine Westbury Village is paying the tuition of a teenage girl to go to private school. You want to know why?
Well, apparently this girl used to go to Westbury High School. Everyday she was attacked, taunted, and called names because she was white. She came home crying about it every school day. The only white student in the school to be exact.
are you saying she was the only white student in the entire school? Or the only white student to have this problem?

Quote:
The solution wasn't to reprimand the kids involved, nope, they decided it was unsafe for the girl in this school and paid 54 grand for her tuition in a private school.
54k? At what school? Lask I checked even Friends Academy was less than 30k...

Old 09-09-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
are you saying she was the only white student in the entire school? Or the only white student to have this problem?

54k? At what school? Lask I checked even Friends Academy was less than 30k...
Yes, she was the only white student in the school. I believe the 54K figure was the total tuition spent, not yearly tuition. From what I have been told area Catholic schools are being overwhelmed because of the Westbury school district's situation. I'm sure there are plenty of non-whites in this area that also send their kids to private school.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:19 PM

228 posts, read 810,284 times
Stop talking bad about my village and high school. If you are so passionate about Westbury. Do something about. Dont accuse people of being racist. Look at a population pryamid based on race in Westbury. The majority of white people in Westbury do not have school aged children. If they do, they are perpetuated the problem. If they sent them to the school and cared about it, things will improve. They are being racist by chosing to send their child else where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island