Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,143,707 times

Advertisements

Is that back?

Last time I was out that way~it was closed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 07:34 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
^ East Buffet is now Best Buffet and it's supposedly gone down in quality (new owners)... there's another thread about it. I haven't given them a chance. We haven't found a good replacement for East Buffet...

Similar enough to it is Minado japanese buffet... you can still get your noodles and rice there... I'm asian... they're all basically the same stuff - Minado ($$$) just makes it quality. Not out East though. Sushi Park in Commack is where we go for a decent buffet... nothing great, nothing too poor, great price.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:30 PM

302 posts, read 590,750 times
I've been there multiple times after it reopened. At first, it wasn't as good but now it's just as good as before! That is the only chinese/asian buffet I will happily eat at. I haven't found my sushi buffet place on LI. Both minado and sushi park are disappointing to me.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:09 AM

654 posts, read 2,120,950 times
I really do not thinkg telling someone that he or she should be embarassed by their comment warrents a deletion.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:02 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminescent View Post
I know this is not east of Hauppauge, but the best chinese buffet on LI is definitely East Buffet in Huntington across from the Walt Whitman Mall. And it's actually good, very good. Not the cheapest but definitely worth it for the taste and quality.
Here's where the thread goes awry.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:13 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Oh really? And what sort of quirky culinary offerings are you so enamored with, Mr. Fancy?

Perhaps, red sauce LI Italian?
The aroma of Chinese buffet does not mix well with Axe.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:20 PM

518 posts, read 1,821,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnSells View Post
New Chinese Buffet on Vets Highway in Islandia. It is in the same shopping center as walmart and Dave and Buster. It is delicious!! They also have a Mongolian section where they cook it up for you lickity-split. I have been there about 4 times and am yet to be disappointed. My brother and sister-in-law rave about it.
i go there now and then and i'd say that its pretty good, and reasonably priced. food is always fresh for the most part and theres always alot of people there.

i decided to try ying yang in stony brook, and first thing was that it was like $4 a person more expensive, and it really wasnt very good at all. a coworker that lives in lake grove told me he wont go there, that it sucks and the last time he went there someone was throwing up in the parking lot

Old 04-21-2010, 07:49 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamExit View Post
i go there now and then and i'd say that its pretty good, and reasonably priced. food is always fresh for the most part and theres always alot of people there.

i decided to try ying yang in stony brook, and first thing was that it was like $4 a person more expensive, and it really wasnt very good at all. a coworker that lives in lake grove told me he wont go there, that it sucks and the last time he went there someone was throwing up in the parking lot
I went there a few years ago and I thought the selection was a little boring. The food was okay but I preferred the one on Vets Hwy.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:41 AM

13 posts, read 50,508 times
can't stand the one by Walmart....love the one on Portion road, but weekends are almost always over crowded with parties, there is also the one on Sunrise in Patcogue in Bob's shopping center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island