Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 08:39 AM

437 posts, read 811,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I would go to where the jobs are in your field.
And where will that be ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 02:30 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter441 View Post
And where will that be ?
That depends on your field.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
That depends on your field.
I have a marketing and management degree holder . do you think i should leave Florida for LA ?

Old 10-20-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
I have a marketing and management degree holder . do you think i should leave Florida for LA ?
I don't know much about marketing and I don't want to tell you what to do but I will tell you what I would do if I were in your shoes. I would start researching and determine which cities have job openings that I would be interested in. Then I would research those cities to determine which cities have the best living conditions (income vs. cost of living, low crime, good people, things to do that I like, close to family and friends, etc.). Then I would start applying for jobs in the top cities I selected and start interviewing. I would not make a move until after I landed the job. Some companies will pay your travel for the interview and pay for your move if you get the job. You might not land a job right away but that's ok because you will get a chance to visit these cities and gain valuable interviewing skills at the same time.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 10-20-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
I don't know much about marketing and I don't want to tell you what to do but I will tell you what I would do if I were in your shoes. I would start researching and determine which cities have job openings that I would be interested in. Then I would research those cities to determine which cities have the best living conditions (income vs. cost of living, low crime, good people, things to do that I like, close to family and friends, etc.). Then I would start applying for jobs in the top cities I selected and start interviewing. I would not make a move until after I landed the job. Some companies will pay your travel for the interview and pay for your move if you get the job. You might not land a job right away but that's ok because you will get a chance to visit these cities and gain valuable interviewing skills at the same time.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
i have my friends and relatives and community from back home Asia in California they told me to come to California as it is much better than Florida isolated and seasonal economy . And things will get better .. do you think i should listen to them and come there

Old 10-20-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
i have my friends and relatives and community from back home Asia in California they told me to come to California as it is much better than Florida isolated and seasonal economy . And things will get better .. do you think i should listen to them and come there
[SIZE=3]I have not researched Florida so I really can’t say if California is better or worse. If you only want to choose between the two then California could be the better choice … but I don’t know and it’s a personal choice for you. I personally don’t react on what people tell me alone. I will research my options before I make a big move. [/SIZE]

Old 10-20-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
[SIZE=3]I have not researched Florida so I really can’t say if California is better or worse. If you only want to choose between the two then California could be the better choice … but I don’t know and it’s a personal choice for you. I personally don’t react on what people tell me alone. I will research my options before I make a big move. [/SIZE]
i have relatives and friends in Florida too and i can't go anywhere without my network of friends and relatives that is only in Florida , NYC and California

and i am living in Florida currently for almost 7 years now

Old 10-20-2010, 10:37 PM

8,323 posts, read 13,453,824 times
State is broke because of bad money management (crook politicians is a given) and bad investments.

I am broke cause the rent is too damn high!

Old 10-21-2010, 03:41 AM

198 posts, read 508,452 times
After reading this thread on a sleepless Thursday morning I know why many of my neighboors here in Texas are from California (and elsewhere including me). I appreciate the thread because it was instructive and didn't get "pissy" like many threads tend to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles