Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 09:56 AM

573 posts, read 1,362,444 times

Advertisements

try bradbury
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 02:58 PM

26,767 posts, read 26,890,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge112597 View Post
try bradbury
If the OP can't afford South Pas, h/she certainly can't afford Bradbury. About Bradbury

Old 05-21-2011, 03:30 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
If the OP can't afford South Pas, h/she certainly can't afford Bradbury. About Bradbury
even though this is an old thread and everything we are posting is moot, I thought the same thing: Bradbury is one of the priciest areas in So Ca, certainly in SGV.

Nita

Old 07-15-2011, 01:50 PM

47 posts, read 253,847 times
Thank you all. My choice was Claremont, and my partner liked San Dimas...but unfortunately my partner and his son decided on Oceanside! It's a longer commute for him, so I hope it's worth it. We move next week.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:04 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,640,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missikie View Post
Thank you all. My choice was Claremont, and my partner liked San Dimas...but unfortunately my partner and his son decided on Oceanside! It's a longer commute for him, so I hope it's worth it. We move next week.
LOL if he is working in LA, or even anything in OC but south OC.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:10 PM

401 posts, read 768,514 times
Quote:
Commute from Oceanside!?!?!
I've got to hear how this works out. I'm hoping that he'll take MetroLink, else y'all will have to start buying carbon offsets or something for all that gas and fumes that you'll be adding to our smog.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:
All I can say is: good luck, keep us informed.

Nita

Old 07-16-2011, 02:04 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,040,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
That's what I was thinking. It doesn't look that far on a map, and even the actual mileage *shouldn't* be so far/take so long, but trust me, no matter what Plan B, Plan C or Plan Desperation you have for avoiding traffic going west...you just can't. Not unless your partner seriously staggers his/her hours to try to avoid the very long rush hour periods (my husband does this -- his work starts at 10:30 and ends at 7, but he was very lucky to find a company that would do this).

That said, I live in Glendora. It's very cute. I do find the schools exceptional. LaVerne and Claremont are SERIOUSLY adorable and have that extra "charm factor" that only exists in a certain part of Glendora (closer to the foothills). So does San Dimas. Very "old neighborhood-y".

What are you guys looking to spend?
Another option would be Metrolink for commuting purposes especially since the OP is looking for good schools and LAUSD sucks.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:08 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,040,630 times
Quote:
Definitely need to look into Metrolink/Amtrak for commuting ... OUCH! This is so much further than the SGV ....

Although Metrolink doesn't run all day long, if your partner purchases a Metrolink monthly pass, he will be able to ride Amtrak at no additional cost. Amtrak has approximately one hour service between Oceanside and LA ... It will be likely 90 or more minutes via train but the traffic is horrendous coming down the 5 Freeway (expensive too due to the mileage) so the train's your best bet.
Also ... On the way into LA, he'll have to deal with the border patrol checkpoint in San Clemente which can add additional commuting time ... Good luck.

Metrolink :: Welcome
Amtrak

Last edited by Chatteress; 07-16-2011 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: Additional info re: border checkpoint.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:06 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,224,648 times
Well, at least the smog isn't as bad in Oceanside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles