Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:23 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumerian Feast View Post
But why is that lucky? You'd still be in the same general area, but you'd have Glendale services -- schools, police, public works, etc. -- which by most accounts are much more effective than LA.
Just the idea of being in the real city of L.A. Being able to write "Los Angeles" when I'm asked for an address.

Don't get me wrong, Glendale isn't bad. I actually admire the downtown area alittle. I wish it was part of LA and just a neighborhood like Hollywood. I use to think it was til' now I accepted that it really is another city within the county.

Only thing I don't like is it seems to be very mellow. Only place I hang out at is Charles Billiards on brand.

I think I need a change of scenery though. Gotta scope the scene in the main heart of LA, downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 10:28 AM

ALso glendale seems to have alot of "uppity" middle class people. That's my only gripe about LA is many people from the hills, from the more middle class to rich areas have that "I'm all that" attitude. Like an old white lady I had at my register that was mad that she had to wait 2 minutes to get her coupon approved. And no, not all whites are like that, I got armenians too, and even fellow latinos, but all had one thing in common, this mentality that they were better than everyone else. Seemed to be a class thing. At work I see it alot.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:04 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,546,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post

I know there is alot of cool Armenians but damn, they seem like very angry people most of the time. Atleast the elders.
I know exactly what you mean! I've wondered the same thing. The women seem like they don't trust anyone who isn't Armenian and the men seem very angry for some reason? I think this is primarily a First Generation thing, though. Well, lets hope it is!

Old 02-06-2013, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 939 times
It is far less conservative than it once was. The Glendale that I grew up in was hugely Republican and that has changed significantly over the past 30 years or so.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumerian Feast View Post
But why is that lucky? You'd still be in the same general area, but you'd have Glendale services -- schools, police, public works, etc. -- which by most accounts are much more effective than LA.
IDk, I guess glendale is generally disliked. Bad drivers, bitter folks, and overall mostly boring.
Not saying I hate it, but I don't have any kids anyways.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,546,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Glendale has ALWAYS been a conservative town. Even BEFORE the large Armenian presence. Glendale was the west coast headquarters of the American Nazi party from the 1960's until the 1980's.

Why do you assume Armenians are conservative? The most overtly political I have seen Armenians is on the issue of the Armenian Genocide. Not sure they vote specifically for one political party or the other. At least not in the way the Irish did in the 1800's or African-Americans (or Jewish Americans) do in current times.
Glendale was also the home of the John Birchers in the LA area. It is just a conservative town.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:25 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,307,390 times
Though it's not as liberal as the city of LA, Glendale votes heavily Democrat like most of LA county. Armenians also vote Democrat but tend to have "conservative" attitudes on issues such as women and homosexuality. I think they tend to be fiscally left wing and culturally right wing.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:30 PM

164 posts, read 347,349 times
I thought I was the only one who noticed how mean and bitter the older Armenians seem. Glad I'm not alone

Old 02-07-2013, 06:49 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,307,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3gd View Post
I thought I was the only one who noticed how mean and bitter the older Armenians seem. Glad I'm not alone
Far from alone. Unfortunately its the norm. Not sure what their deal is, because a lot of people from other impovishered countries are much cheerier. Actually, armenia isn't even that poor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles