Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 09:21 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
Earlier this week was heaven. So yes I would recommend the op move here just for the amazing weather. The lack of humidity can do wonders for you.
I think it's been heaven almost every single day I've been here. I worked out today and even coming home in 77 degrees it wasn't too bad.

You do that in Florida, you feel like you're gonna die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 09:27 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,625,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I think it's been heaven almost every single day I've been here. I worked out today and even coming home in 77 degrees it wasn't too bad.

You do that in Florida, you feel like you're gonna die.
Yea, Texas was HELL on my allergies and my overall mood. I have high blood pressure and the heat humidity combo was just not good for me. Working out outside was a risky endeavor.

The best days ever for me back home was in the spring when the weather gets like it does here almost year round.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:46 PM

810 posts, read 1,342,106 times
The slightly-cool weather is one thing I actually don't like about LA...it routinely can be upper 40s/lower 50s at night for most of the year. Miami at 65 & humid in winter is better for those who don't like any cold.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:47 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancedout View Post
The slightly-cool weather is one thing I actually don't like about LA...it routinely can be upper 40s/lower 50s at night for most of the year. Miami at 65 & humid in winter is better for those who don't like any cold.
Depends where you live in LA. Personally I love the Westside weather, and honestly I wouldn't like living in LA if I didn't have that cooler weather.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancedout View Post
Yeah I don't like it to be too cold too. But I love that LA stays relatively moderate year round.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:00 PM

242 posts, read 499,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
Yeah in other words you and Raymond prefer the tamer scenes and think anyone staying past 2am is a drunken douche or junkie. It doesn't really matter if LA has more establishments when the majority are turning on the lights for everyone to get ready to go by 1:30.

Look, if you don't like the party scene you find in the South and Miami its different stroke for different folks but don't act like a morally superior A-type that thinks hanging out at a bar watching your friends Cat Power cover band or what ever else indie geeks that dominate this town do. You're not going to convince anyone that LA has a more lively scene than Miami. The whole point I was making was that its wilder, there are no stats for that and you automatically discounted that notion as a legit scene because of your stereotypes about people who like to have fun.

Save the little quips for when you're improv class or something
excuse me?
i was commenting on what i like and dislike so there was no reason for you to be rude a 2nd time on this thread.
my opinions are exactly that, MY OPINIONS.
i never said anything bad about people that want to party, i said that i do not like to party anymore. that was what i said. where did you read that i was putting down people that liked to drink and party?
either you like to cause drama or you are unable to comprehend what you read.
now back off... NOW
if you cannot be nice and continue to have your snide, little remarks i will dish them right back at you.
i was being nice and speaking about what i like to do. i have lived in nyc and miami and i know how the party scenes are and if i decide that i have outgrown that scene then that is my choice.
why would you even start saying stuff about when i get to la i am going to be complaining about this drunk and blah blah blah. i am still on the east coast and you don't even know me to be predicting my future.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:44 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,524,370 times
LA over Miami easily. For MANY different reasons. Miami is great to visit but in a lot of ways it's like the 6th borough of NYC. The people in Miami are significantly less approachable than LA people. People in Miami can preserve a "Talk to the hand" slash "My **** don't stink" type attitude, similar to NYC. Miami can also be highly exclusive, more than say a cheap getaway to Vegas which is very accessible.

I feel real estate in Miami is less expensive than LA, but LA is cheaper for food and going out and whatnot.

Plus going out in Miami is largely restricted to South Beach or Downtown. LA has a ton of different pockets where you can go out to bars.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:29 PM

4 posts, read 36,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
LA over Miami easily. For MANY different reasons. Miami is great to visit but in a lot of ways it's like the 6th borough of NYC. The people in Miami are significantly less approachable than LA people. People in Miami can preserve a "Talk to the hand" slash "My **** don't stink" type attitude, similar to NYC. Miami can also be highly exclusive, more than say a cheap getaway to Vegas which is very accessible.

I feel real estate in Miami is less expensive than LA, but LA is cheaper for food and going out and whatnot.

Plus going out in Miami is largely restricted to South Beach or Downtown. LA has a ton of different pockets where you can go out to bars.

Yess!!! That is exactly how I feel. I lived in Miami all my life, and I am just really over how little it has to offer. I can appreciate the culture of the beach, and the whole 3 blocks of downtown Miami, whether it is known for partying or not, but thats what I am looking for in California. It seems that LA, perhaps because of its size in comparison to miami, has so much more culture to offer, outside of just tourist areas. And while I do appreciate the lively arguments about the party scene, I admit that I am not deciding where I could be spending the next couple of years of my life, based on the how people party in each city.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:26 PM

Of course LA overall. The people in Miami can be very douchey but I was strictly talking about the nightlife. If what you're looking for is a rowdy time then Miami is it.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:44 AM

69 posts, read 92,056 times
The fact that folks in the pro-Miami column are holding up supposedly superior nightlife as some sort of validation, should tell you a lot about Miami and the people here. It has little else going for it.

There are music artists in many genres that, as a general rule, don't come farther south than Orlando or West Palm.

If you're into cars, Los Angeles has a superior car culture and more to do with them. Canyon roads, tracks there and in neighboring areas/states cool, crisp driving weather and more of a population of rare iron from around the world.

From what I can see, there isn't much of a difference rental rates, but salaries are heavily skewed in LA's favor.

Biggest thing for me is the weather, though. The humidity and oppressive heat do to me what months of snow and lack of sunlight do to people in the NE and Midwest in winter. I'm trying my best to find a way to escape Miami and try a new life in Cali.

I really hate it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles