Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:42 AM

186 posts, read 659,715 times

Advertisements

I am shocked that CESpeed would wait eight months to make a comment about my post. If she was offended by it then I would have expected to have heard something in December, not August. My apologies for anything offensive said in ignorance. My responses were directed to the OP who was concerned about racism in the area. My comments about the Fox Hills Mall were about real incidents I heard about while living in the area. Whether more or less happened in other areas at the time I could not comment as I did not live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 10:40 PM

6 posts, read 17,335 times
I live on Duquesne Ave, one block south of the police station, and there has already been one homicide and an attempted homicide right here. Despite the quick response, ( yet again the police dept. is one blcok away), the suspect still got away. it is very safe however. Also, a couple years ago, 2 fellows who decided to rob an 80 year old in downtown, decided to start a pursuit and crash their escalade by our apratment here, and they had uzis, though no shots were fired. Also, they actually stopped a guy in font of our house, and he had 1 pound of weed in his truck, and he also robbed somebody in another area of culver city. Despite these crimes happening ONE BLOCK FROM THE POLICE DEPARTMENT, it is safe, and the response time of culver city police department is remarkable, but some of their cops are corrupted.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:57 PM

13 posts, read 70,029 times
glendale is known for bieng a hick town full of white poeple that r racist.......but i would recomend moving to a bad part of l.a......if your anywere near south or east l.a. id not stay there for long.....places like, east l.a. ,pico uniun,south central(wich is neghborhoods like compton ,inglewood,south gate,paruomant,watts,and many others),long beach(the north part),south holywood,.......if you come to think of it all of l.a. is ghetto unless you live in the hills or the ''valley''. its no wonder why l.a. is the gang capital of america.......try moving to the o.c. its a good place to raise a family.....crime is not to bad(well compared to l.a. anyways) and theres alot there......and the o.c. is mainly a hispanic and african american area depending were your at.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:01 PM

13 posts, read 70,029 times
places like east los angelas, north l.a. , and the beach area is all mainly hispanic comunities......in the southern part and south east and south west part are mainly black nairborhoods.....and any wear in the valley....such as glendale..there all white.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:44 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
places like east los angelas, north l.a. , and the beach area is all mainly hispanic comunities......in the southern part and south east and south west part are mainly black nairborhoods.....and any wear in the valley....such as glendale..there all white.
You've obviously never been to L.A.

EVERY one of the beach towns is majority non-Latino white, even Venice. And
"North L.A." is the Valley - which is predominately Latino once you get north of Magnolia Ave. and especially north of Burbank Blvd. Just ask Fastfilm about how "anywear (sic) in the valley" is "all white". In fact, most of the valley (except for the southern part and parts of the western part) is very ghetto.

Glendale is hardly "all white". It's a very racially and ethnically mixed community, which is also a very good place to live.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:53 PM

12,774 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Culver City is the place where my parents & I were almost going to move to...back in 1988. I have no idea how the city is these days.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:56 AM

527 posts, read 1,281,969 times
I agree with what everyone else said. Stick to Western Culver City because on the east side you're getting closer to Inglewood, Crenshaw, etc. I lived on the border of Inglewood, yet I was still in Culver City. Not fun times, I assure you.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:01 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
I agree with what everyone else said. Stick to Western Culver City
Which is the opposite of what everyone said.

Quote:
because on the east side you're getting closer to Inglewood, Crenshaw, etc. I lived on the border of Inglewood, yet I was still in Culver City. Not fun times, I assure you.
Culver City and Inglewood don't directly border - Ladera Heights is in between Culver City and Inglewood.

Eastern Culver City despite proximity to some bad neighborhoods is quite safe, safer than most of Western Culver City. I have never felt unsafe in eastern Culver City whereas there are parts of western Culver City that I would not walk around in at night. West of the 405 it's rather hit and miss while east of the 405 it's pretty uniformly good.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:57 AM

373 posts, read 1,170,886 times
I personally prefer Glendale over Culver City because it's cleaner, slightly quieter, and nicer. I've never experienced racism there.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:49 PM

9 posts, read 33,515 times
I am planning to move to Culver city soon, i am on the lookout for apartments, how is the green valley circle area or the S sepulveda blvd area for living?. Advantage of living on the Green Valley Circle is the Fox Hills park and mall which will be walking distance for us a family. Any idea if this area is safe to live?From my initial observation the area doesn't seem to be that nice place to live as compared to Burbank or Pasadena where i have lived before.Also apartments are pretty expensive in culver city.Any advice would be highly appreciated.Thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles