Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 02:51 PM

13 posts, read 96,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I actually really like these kinds of posts, because they don't make me feel worse about L.A., they remind me of the things about it that I really love. Points are made that just bring up all reasons we wanted to be here in the first place, if we're not from here, or why we choose to stay, for people who have always lived here.

I don't mind when a faction of people who just don't have the skills, education and so on to stay move on. That's one less car in rush hour traffic! Bit by bit, people, bit by bit.

I would never encourage someone who manages to hate it here to stay...people should be happy...so move on. But if you're really happy, then there's no legitimate reason to go out of your way to continue to complain...especially about a place that doesn't even affect you any more because you're nowhere near it. Go, be happy, that is everybody's right, no matter where they live and where they aim to move to.
why would anyone take a discussion about a city personally? that's ridiculously pathetic.

there's been an exodus from california well under way for decades now. i'm merely providing factual information for individuals who are contemplating the transition.

people have a right to be informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Fascinating resume, we're all extremely riveted.

Your link only shows how idiotic "per capita" arguments can be. Even Miami has more culture than the city that topped that list.
miami's an extremely cosmopolitan city, impeccably clean, chock full of luxury/opulence, etc.

there are waaaay more cultural events going on here than los angeles, plain and simple.

but of course, we're the "bad guys" for not glamourizing low class chicano culture, drug addicts and degenerates.

got it.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:59 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton Santigo View Post
why would anyone take a discussion about a city personally? that's ridiculously pathetic.
Ummm what? LOL.

I think you just have note cards that you type from.

Again, you're happy now. Go be happy! I'm staying right here and being happy. So doesn't everybody win? I don't get what you could be feeling so negatively about given that...?

As far as being "informed," I agree...and we are NOT all sitting around gnashing our teeth about not living in Texas, LOL, so shouldn't that fall under your being informed category? You deliberately posted something outlandish to get attention, now you're pretending to get outraged over the attention...? So what DO you want - you have the attention you're lacking, you're living in a dusty paradise, you escaped all the absolutely unappealing good times, culture and fun people of Los Angeles at last so...? The problem is? With all this happiness and relief at having finally achieved paradise, you should be out there singing and dancing all over the streets, not crouching over a computer trying to think of some way to get people to acknowledge you. Happy people don't generally do this sort of thing (making things up, trolling and so on).

If you truly believe you're "informing" (which you don't...sigh...you're flaming), then you should be proving how happy a place Texas is by posting all about your joy, not deliberately searching for something you can b*tch about. That's what happy people do...

But mostly, those of us who are answering you are just doing so because you're bored. So you really need to relax a little, hon. You're freaking out a little over there and this is all really NOT this big a deal.

Doesn't Texas have any Xanax?

Old 09-18-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
miami's an extremely cosmopolitan city, impeccably clean, chock full of luxury/opulence, etc.

there are waaaay more cultural events going on here than los angeles, plain and simple.

but of course, we're the "bad guys" for not glamourizing low class chicano culture, drug addicts and degenerates.

got it.
The who what now?

So you don't even live in Texas?

I am laughing now right along with you...obviously an oldster around here on an alt who is just having fun. Okay, so bravo in that case. We all got some free entertainment!

p.s. He's right, folks. Go to Miami. Where there are no drugs.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:47 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,246,839 times
Lol @ texas.

I'd rather move back to Michigan than move to Texas.

Not only are properties there cheaper, but the weather is better too.

LOL

Old 09-18-2014, 05:17 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,084 times
Texas is the minor leagues. There's nothing wrong with settling in life, but it's freaking Texas.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:06 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,508,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbared View Post
City-Data Forum should be renamed California-Bashing Forum. There are threads all over the place with posts from people who love to hate everything about California and Californians. Some have never set foot in the State, and others have spent maybe a week here. I'm always seeing comments like "Colorado was soooo nice until the Californians moved in," or "Drivers from California are really rude," and of course "I visited L.A. and people there are soooo mean/stupid/racist/arrogant/clueless/etc." I guess it makes them feel better about themselves to paint millions of people with the same brush.
I used to live there and the funny thing is, "native" Californians were the most normal, friendly people. It's just a large percentage of the people who move there from somewhere else who are pretentious a**holes. I'm only speaking about SoCal. I suspect the further you get from L.A. the more normal people are. And, no I didn't live there a week. I was there 20 years. The only thing I miss is the good car washes and the liquor stores that stay open until 2 am.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:38 PM

367 posts, read 672,903 times
Quote:

got it.
Lol.

You just don't stop do you.

Clifton Santigo = Hot Karl = Midnight Fapper = Ghetto Urchin on Curbed

Old 09-18-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjt123 View Post
Lol.

You just don't stop do you.

Clifton Santigo = Hot Karl = Midnight Fapper = Ghetto Urchin on Curbed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yURRmWtbTbo

Old 09-18-2014, 11:08 PM

"I went to a wedding once and I knew I was in Texas when this guy said to me, 'I want you to meet my wife and my sister' and there was one woman standing there..."

My apologies to Texans, just having fun. I mean this thread was totally wasted once the troll arrived anyway, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles