Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 03:23 PM

571 posts, read 1,931,989 times

Advertisements

Bumping up an old thread .. wanting to know if the crime/gangs are bad in El Sereno and the rest of the surrounding zip code 90032 all the way to CSLA .. ? Not sure what these areas are called? And also into 90063 .. thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 11:18 PM

10 posts, read 66,616 times
El Sereno has 2 main gangs: El Sereno Locke and Lowell. They are not nice people and they like to steal cars. There are other gangs in the immediate area, but Locke and Lowell are the main players.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:38 AM

20 posts, read 156,803 times
How is the area around Lowell Avenue and Almont Street in El Sereno? I saw an ad on craigslist for an apartment in that area and wanted to know if it was a nice spot. Thanks

Old 04-26-2009, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 10,556 times
Default A question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdahammer View Post
I would say Monterey Road is the farthest west of El Sereno you can get, it is actually Monterey Hills/Montecito Heights area. I used to live up Montecito Drive, looking out over the Heights at County USA and Rose Hill down below. Rose Hill is an old housing project but we never had any trouble with the residents- there is a Catholic Church next door as well. I think the area around Monterey Road is rather nice, tho the street is a little busy. But having Monterey Hills behind you, and the park in front is pretty cool.

The parts of El Sereno south of Huntington are fine, for the most part and abut Alhambra south and east. The REALLY nice part of El Sereno (out of my range at least) is the northernmost area behind Charlie's Trio. I think they call it the Berkshire tract. They are right next to So Pas and Alhambra.

I'm thinking of getting a condo off of templeton ave. It's a gated community at the top of the hill with 24 hr security. Do you know this place? HOw safe do you think it is? It's going to be our first house. Prices are really cheap right now and we're getting a great deal for the size of the condo and the grounds that it is on. I'm not looking to raise a family there, it's a starter home for me and my wife to hopefully re sale some day to get a house where we want to raise a family. Just wondering what you thought about that area. Thanks.

Gofferony

Old 04-26-2009, 07:54 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,625,744 times
Goff, can you let me know what that neighborhood is like and what the prices were like compared to the size of the place?

I work downtown and would love to be able to have a nice leisurely 15 minute drive into work.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 10,450 times
i live a few blocks away. i've never been in that place, but i know the area pretty well. you shouldn't have a problem as long as you don't ming gang and drugs in your neighborhood. but the gangs usually don't bother unless your competing with them.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:14 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,861 times
right...

i love these first time posters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydoc24 View Post
i live a few blocks away. i've never been in that place, but i know the area pretty well. you shouldn't have a problem as long as you don't ming gang and drugs in your neighborhood. but the gangs usually don't bother unless your competing with them.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:27 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,861 times
templeton and what?

i have several friends that live in the surrounding area. they have nice homes on nice streets. but things here in LA eastside go block by block.

check out hte neighborhood yourself.

check for graffitti. windows on bars. big menacing dogs. get a feel for yourself. unless you quarantine yourself to the gated community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofferony View Post
I'm thinking of getting a condo off of templeton ave. It's a gated community at the top of the hill with 24 hr security. Do you know this place? HOw safe do you think it is? It's going to be our first house. Prices are really cheap right now and we're getting a great deal for the size of the condo and the grounds that it is on. I'm not looking to raise a family there, it's a starter home for me and my wife to hopefully re sale some day to get a house where we want to raise a family. Just wondering what you thought about that area. Thanks.

Gofferony

Old 05-29-2009, 06:20 PM
C21

1 posts, read 10,357 times
I am looking to buy a condo at the gated community near Templeton & Eastern right on the hill. Can someone tell me if that is a good decision?

Old 10-12-2009, 04:44 PM

187 posts, read 481,452 times
East los angeles does have nice neighborhoods. The only thing I recommend is to stay away from Locke Ave or near Edison. I lived there for 17 years and anything within a 2 mile radius has a bad turn out, especially at night. Stick with Alhambra, South pasadena or near Wilson High School.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles