Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 09:11 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,024,536 times

Advertisements

Dating in LA sucks OP. It's not even because women are gold diggers, it's because it's such a transplant transient town. People are coming and going and have super busy lives. They want to meet like minded people following similar paths. So your best bet is work, social groups, meet up groups, church, or house parties. I think dating through the club scene in the city is all wrong.

Go to the Valley to some of the local bars there especially in Burbank. There are a lot more down to earth women there who are open to talk. If you're looking for long term settling down kinda thing then good luck because I've heard that its hard to look for "the one" in LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 09:27 AM

99 posts, read 125,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeeps View Post
What are these comments? I'm convinced everyone on this forum has never even dated in LA. You decry all other LA stereotypes and pathetic generalizations except when it comes to those based on women.

OP, not every woman in this town is a gold digger looking for rich, hunky model, actor boyfriends.
Agreed, but it is some "interesting" reading...

Not to mention that I would leave the 9 and 10 to guys without imagination...

Old 12-31-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Dating in LA sucks OP. It's not even because women are gold diggers, it's because it's such a transplant transient town. People are coming and going and have super busy lives. They want to meet like minded people following similar paths. So your best bet is work, social groups, meet up groups, church, or house parties. I think dating through the club scene in the city is all wrong.

Go to the Valley to some of the local bars there especially in Burbank. There are a lot more down to earth women there who are open to talk. If you're looking for long term settling down kinda thing then good luck because I've heard that its hard to look for "the one" in LA.
Sounds like a plan. I been browsing OK CUPID seems like the "variety" in endless...

Old 12-31-2014, 10:43 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,315,094 times
Quote:
What are these comments? I'm convinced everyone on this forum has never even dated in LA. You decry all other LA stereotypes and pathetic generalizations except when it comes to those based on women.

OP, not every woman in this town is a gold digger looking for rich, hunky model, actor boyfriends.
They don't have to be all of the above, but at least one of them. The poster who said he has a girlfriend is at least one of those things. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a waiting list for him - and he doesn't need to be the least bit physically attractive.

I'm met some really pretty girls who are down to earth but they're usually living in places like Santa Clarita, San Bernandino, etc. The suburbs. Orange County doesn't count they're just as bad as LA.

OP you have options, it isn't hopeless if you aren't rich and or a model

They are:

-Date suburban - Burbank may be a good start, maybe a bar in Palmdale or LAncaster too?
-Date inner city (if you like Latina/black)
-Lower standards considerably... below a 5 even, since the girls in LA that are a 5 act like a 10.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:28 AM

152 posts, read 211,939 times
Quote:
Quote:
They don't have to be all of the above, but at least one of them.
I'll stay out of this, but to newcomers: the latter quote is both ridiculous and hilarious. All of LA doesn't work like the "Hollywood" and "Orange County" that you see on your reality TV screens because most of LA doesn't have an attachment to the entertainment business. As I said earlier, no one wants to date someone who has no job and no home, but there's a wide range between having no job and no home and being either rich/model/actor.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:00 PM

861 posts, read 853,243 times
Quote:

Hehe I wish your last sentence was true. Sadly, life experience would suggest the opposite.

Of my male friends who are nice and average looking, they struggle to get dates.

But one of my male friends who incidentally is male model is beating them off with a stick. He is broke as **** (models dont make as much as you think) but the women seem to be able to see past that with the Italian High Fashion look he is rocking. I used to think he is was quite the conversationalist when I saw how women were like putty in his hands, until I eavesdropped on one of his conversations and it was most innane conversation ever...

The remaining mates who have a bit cash also dont have too much trouble dating, but their women seem quicker to drop them if something better comes along.

I am sorry to have had to write the above, as I actually have a caring wife who I think isnt with me because of my cash as we met at college. But watching my mates dating, I see the same patterns over and over again..

In fact I count myself very lucky as a result...

With regards to the OP, good luck, you will need it!!!

Last edited by nograviti; 12-31-2014 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 12-31-2014, 12:16 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,024,536 times
Quote:
-Date suburban - Burbank may be a good start, maybe a bar in Palmdale or LAncaster too?
-Date inner city (if you like Latina/black)
-Lower standards considerably... below a 5 even, since the girls in LA that are a 5 act like a 10.
I hate to agree with this but it's fairly true. All across this great land I've always been able to easily talk to women very casually without any reservations. In LA though I've noticed they're quick to assume you're after something. I don't blame them but good god do some just act as though any friendly gesture is akin to trying to pick them up. I'm talking fives or sixes too. Some women just think they're too cool for school in LA.

I agree that the women in the Valley are much easier to talk too. I've gone to Burbank bars and it feels like I'm at a bar in Any Town, USA. The inner city Latinas and minorities are easy to talk to if you can show them you're not a creep cus they can be a bit understandably defensive.

Just stay away from the Hollywood scene and the Westside. Venice is good.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:31 PM

Default Its going to be so much fun...I think.

Well, this is going to be really fun. I got my OK cupid account up, and its better than I thought. I'm not looking for anything serious, just to meet some new people for now.

Thanks for all the input, seems like YMWV...

And I'm not really sure why the ladies in LA wouldn't date guy with an accent and husky blue eyes who has no job or home to live in? It just doesn't make any sense!!!

BTW, Sofia Vergara just got engaged, so this narrows my choices to one less Latina. Oh well...

Old 12-31-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Lie
say what she wants to hear
sell her a dream
get in her head
Seems like we watched a same movie---"I love you, man!"

Old 12-31-2014, 08:02 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,189,701 times
I think all of you guys saying every woman in Los Angeles is a shallow gold digger are just deluding yourselves because you strike out a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles