Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 01:04 AM

15 posts, read 16,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headdy View Post
well, thanks a lot everybody !!!

That really-really helps ...

And now i'm even more sure that i wanna move to a la, after all you describe here guys, my guess is that after the nyc life i will slip right into it, i see in la it's kinda the same cons as ny

... And will try to reconsider the price range maybe i should pay a little more for the "safety" and look more into the $1800-3000 range i guess ...

Thanks guys for the quotes and pricings... And i was thinking yeah either burbank or pasadena, or santa monica maybe(but way to overpriced area i think), venice beach or smf like that ... That's kinda what i'm looking for...

About the transportation we'll be driving for start and then i was thinking about getting a motorcycle since it's always sunny and nice outside, and is gonna be less traffic on the motorcycle i think(just saying that's an option too) ... Or i could drive to a metro station if it's more convenient and leave the car parked and take the train from there if it's much faster this way
TTT ... Bump !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 10:19 PM

15 posts, read 16,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headdy View Post
thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated, forgot to mention that a pool, fitness center and washer/dryer in an apartment complex is an important thing that will be considered as a huge plus, as we don't have none of this here in ny

i forgot to mention also that we won't use the public transportation we have a car and i'm planning on getting another one for my wife once we arrive to ca ...

btw guys how bad is the car insurance in la ?? 'cause for example i pay in ny $360/month for a full coverage on a vw passat 2012 and that's considered low price in nyc area( some nissan maximas2012 or toyota camrys would cost me around $600-700/month and that's exactly why i got the vw passat 'cause it was the lowest price)

please, please, please, share your cons and pros about la here too ...

as usually thanks a lot for your input guys ...
bump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles