Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 11:21 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That's not true. I just posted save your angst when it is something like a car ending up on your lawn and almost into your house.

This is ONE DAY, they're not filming for 6 months.

It's a Friday, take the day off from work(if the OP works), and go to Santa Barbara or Ventura for the day, have a nice day and when you get home the film crew is gone, if having them film for ONE DAY is so trying for them.

It's a Thursday actually.., cool want to pay for my trip to Santa Barbara?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 11:21 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
i get it you don't care because it doesn't affect you .
Also you are complaining about the discussing of Los Angeles politics in an L.A forum ? You think politics isn't relevant ?
It's only affecting you because you're allowing to it impact you.

Are they going to block your driveway making you unable to leave your home? I'm guessing no, it's one day.

What are you going to do if the city paves your street someday, and it takes more than a day?

I had to deal with the street I live of being repaved and down to one lane for a few days, you deal with it. I allowed myself more time while it was going on.

Sure it was somewhat inconvenient, but I wasn't going to all upset over it. Save that for real problems.

Old 01-11-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
It's only affecting you because you're allowing to it impact you.

Are they going to block your driveway making you unable to leave your home? I'm guessing no, it's one day.

What are you going to do if the city paves your street someday, and it takes more than a day?

I had to deal with the street I live of being repaved and down to one lane for a few days, you deal with it. I allowed myself more time while it was going on.

Sure it was somewhat inconvenient, but I wasn't going to all upset over it. Save that for real problems.
I already said they are blocking off parking for the whole street, AND the whole street behind it, it's a street that doesn't have driveways.
So yes actually.

Where am I staying in Santa Barbara Seain ? You sound like the generous type..hope it's somewhere nice! Maybe a nice little B&B?

Old 01-11-2017, 11:44 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times
Quote:
I already said they are blocking off parking for the whole street, AND the whole street behind it, it's a street that doesn't have driveways.
So yes actually.

Where am I staying in Santa Barbara Seain ? You sound like the generous type..hope it's somewhere nice! Maybe a nice little B&B?

LOL....I said go for the day. You don't want to be around there while it's going on for one day, you get in the car and you take a nice drive, leave in the late morning and you come back at night.

Old 01-11-2017, 11:47 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,100,987 times
You can come stay with me, JM. Although there will probably be filming at my apartment too.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:09 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,613,104 times
Quote:
That's not true. I just posted save your angst when it is something like a car ending up on your lawn and almost into your house.

This is ONE DAY, they're not filming for 6 months.

It's a Friday, take the day off from work(if the OP works), and go to Santa Barbara or Ventura for the day, have a nice day and when you get home the film crew is gone, if having them film for ONE DAY is so trying for them.

I didn't mean you. But there is one person more than others who drags Trump into every local Los Angeles topic that has nothing whatever to do with the presidency. For instance, in a thread about the homeless problem they've said something like "Drumpf supporters want the homeless to be shipped out to the desert and left to die." It's getting old.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:23 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,613,104 times
Quote:
So yes actually.

Are they still going to run cables in your yard? Maybe "trip" and get some compensation for your injury. I'm joking!

Old 01-11-2017, 12:33 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,423,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Are they still going to run cables in your yard? Maybe "trip" and get some compensation for your injury. I'm joking!
No, you're not.

Gump supporters have been suggesting ways to sabotage film shoots throughout this thread.

Not only is their patriotism phony (it's really nativism), their supposed pro-business attitude is fraudulent too.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:51 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,457,841 times
Quote:
Any suggestions ?

Clearly you live an extremely charmed life that this is bothering you so much.

Look in the mirror and be very thankful for your life.

The whole filming thing...It's an inconvenience not a nightmare.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Clearly you live an extremely charmed life that this is bothering you so much.

Look in the mirror and be very thankful for your life.

The whole filming thing...It's an inconvenience not a nightmare.
Didn't say it was a nightmare did I ?

Point was to ask if others had similar experiences some posters were helpful and others just threw insults .
Welcome to the forum South FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles