Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 01:16 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
No, you're not.

Gump supporters have been suggesting ways to sabotage film shoots throughout this thread.

Not only is their patriotism phony (it's really nativism), their supposed pro-business attitude is fraudulent too.
Wow you can read minds! Can you guess what I'm thinking about you right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 01:25 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Clearly you live an extremely charmed life that this is bothering you so much.

Look in the mirror and be very thankful for your life.

Exactly.

The whole filming thing...It's an inconvenience not a nightmare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Didn't say it was a nightmare did I ?

Point was to ask if others had similar experiences some posters were helpful and others just threw insults .
Welcome to the forum South FL.
For one day.

I know a couple who live in Porter Ranch, they had to vacate for months. They still got compensated and were put up in a nice hotel with meals included, and of course there will be some type of payout for them as well.

Honestly, they didn't really complain much.

And we both know you can well afford gas to get to Santa Barbara....LOL. It was just a suggestion if you find it that annoying, personally I would probably watch them film, you never know who you might meet.

If it was going on for a couple of weeks or worse a month, than yes, by all means whine. But one day?

Old 01-11-2017, 01:29 PM

8,327 posts, read 13,462,277 times
Quote:
Flyer says prep time 7am -5pm
And filming 5-10pm
Does it say anything about free meals/snacks/drinks?

You can either let it get to you and get you earlier to a grave or, workaround it and try to make the best of it.

Last edited by TurcoLoco; 01-11-2017 at 02:10 PM..

Old 01-11-2017, 01:44 PM

39 posts, read 27,338 times
This reminded me of a scene in the book, "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" in Savannah, GA.

A man named Jim Williams owned and lived in the Mercer House, a large home across from Monterey Square, the site of the filming of many movies and TV shows.

Disgruntled with a movie crew shooting on Monterey Square for a made-for-TV movie about Abraham Lincoln's assassination, Williams unfurled a large Nazi banner with a large swastika and draped it over a balcony to prevent further filming.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:

Point was to ask if others had similar experiences
Yes. The neighborhood grump complained about having cables in his yard.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:35 PM

242 posts, read 433,319 times
I'd have no problem with it - what if it's a show starring Chuck Norris? How can you say no to that?

Old 01-11-2017, 04:39 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times
Quote:
I got a business card in my door that a tv show will be filming in alley behind my place and they would like to run their cable through my yard . I don't want that and don't want to be disturbed by any filming .
I called city to see if they actually have a permit and then today saw one of those notice of filming flyers.

Have never had filming by my house before . This looks like it'll be right by my house otherwise I wouldn't really care. Also sounds like they want to block off parking for the entire street which would be a big problem .

Called the film la office and waiting to here back .

Anyone else had filming by their place before and were able to do anything about it?
Any suggestions ?
Am I missing something? Did they mention about compensation? If not ask, if it's woth it accept otherwise say no thanks.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:04 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmAndEmm View Post
This reminded me of a scene in the book, "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" in Savannah, GA.

A man named Jim Williams owned and lived in the Mercer House, a large home across from Monterey Square, the site of the filming of many movies and TV shows.

Disgruntled with a movie crew shooting on Monterey Square for a made-for-TV movie about Abraham Lincoln's assassination, Williams unfurled a large Nazi banner with a large swastika and draped it over a balcony to prevent further filming.
Loved that book. Coincidentally I was in the square where Mercer house is last Sept and they were filming a movie from the civil war. Maybe Jims ghost was there pissed off

Old 01-11-2017, 07:22 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,423,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmAndEmm View Post

Wow, they're writing books about Trump supporters already? That was quick.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:29 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times
Quote:
I got a business card in my door that a tv show will be filming in alley behind my place and they would like to run their cable through my yard . I don't want that and don't want to be disturbed by any filming .
I called city to see if they actually have a permit and then today saw one of those notice of filming flyers.

Have never had filming by my house before . This looks like it'll be right by my house otherwise I wouldn't really care. Also sounds like they want to block off parking for the entire street which would be a big problem .

Called the film la office and waiting to here back .

Anyone else had filming by their place before and were able to do anything about it?
Any suggestions ?
I've had that in my neighborhood, in one case directly nextdoor to my home. You may want to consider putting manure on your lawn the day before the filming. I regret not having done that when filming occurred next door because the wardrobe trailer parked in front of my home and my drive strip grass got trampled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles