Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 11:04 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,480,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post
Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread but what does the flyer say for filming times? If they're in and out in a reasonable time frame, don't make noise in the night, what's the big deal?

I live in a large apartment complex that's inhabited by and used by industry folks on what seems a daily basis. We have a poster board specifically for filming notification flyers. I've always known these film crews to tread lightly and respect property/owners so I have no problem with it. I'm sure they're always just a few raging complaints away from a tarnished name and less work...so they're incentivized to be civil with you.
Flyer says prep time 7am -5pm
And filming 5-10pm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 11:34 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,100,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Flyer says prep time 7am -5pm
And filming 5-10pm
Just one day or a span? If just one day, I'd say that's the most reasonable filming flyer I've seen to date.

Seriously though...film crews are respectful. Of course there will be outliers...but when it comes to stocking crew for a location shoot we're talking about educated folk from pretty much top to bottom.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:06 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,425,315 times
Quote:
I don't want uninvited people on my property is that weird ?
Guess I'm not Hollywood obsessed like some in L.A
What's weird is living in Los Angeles and complaining about the occasional film shoot. That's like moving near the Las Vegas strip and complaining about neon. Or moving to London and whining over the lack of sunlight.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:28 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,415,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Melrose Place was filmed in my city in the mid to late 1990's. The first year here they were under the radar. My brother who was about 16 at the time started hanging out at a couple locations at the beach near us. He ended up becoming friends with the cast and crew. Back then only a few people even seemed to notice that they were filming.

One evening he was invited to sit with them while they ate together. While there, a new cast member was asking people about the show and wanted to know about the parts that they play. My brother was finally asked by this guy what part he played. My brother tells him that he is not on the show but just lives around the area. The cast tells him that they adopted my brother. LOL

My story is I worked for a first run syndication studio in Ventura. All I did was repair work for the company I was working for. Ended up meeting a lot of cool people. They always had food on the set and I loved the days I was there.

A couple years ago I was also in a movie with three lines. All day long getting fed, which was about the only fun you have on a set. It is about as boring as hell. All day long sitting there hanging out with other people that are in the same boat as you are, waiting for their chance to say their lines. As it is I messed up a few times and this 10 year old kid tells me it happens to the best. He had been acting since he was 4 and went from show to show to commercial to small parts in movies.
Doing your own production is way more fun, but there are zero perqs!

Old 01-10-2017, 01:29 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,415,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarmy View Post
Air horns are great way to tick off film crews.
M80s ...

Old 01-10-2017, 01:31 PM

Another thing is Friday is trash day . The city website has had it incorrect as Tuesday even though I've mentioned it to them a bunch of times .
People will be putting out their trash cans while filming going on .

Old 01-10-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
M80s ...
Those are pretty common in the area lol

Old 01-10-2017, 03:01 PM

46,975 posts, read 26,026,789 times
Quote:
Anyone else had filming by their place before and were able to do anything about it?
Yes, quite often. As for what to do: I shrug and move on with my life.

Quote:
Any suggestions ?
Shrug and move on with your life.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:11 PM

Sign posted for Thursday tow away no parking 10am - 10pm nice
The street behind also has tow away parking signs for the whole day .
But I'm sure all you would say it's no big deal . Supposed to be raining Thursday too .

I'm sure you all would just be DELIGHTED !

Old 01-10-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yes, quite often. As for what to do: I shrug and move on with my life.

Shrug and move on with your life.
Part of the problem in L.A too many just shrug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles